Options

Sunfest '93 in Gimli

2»

Comments

• Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    It Was You wrote:
    I am not too sure who all played that day but 54-40 played just before PJ, from what I remember I could be wrong ?? I busy trying to make my way through the crowd to get a good view.
    Blue rodeo, Streetheart, Sven Gali, The Watchmen, Bourbon taberbacle choir, Randy Bachman, Skingerbreadman, Wild T & the Spirit, Thomas Trio & The Red Albino and Sass Jordan are a few, I kept a few news paper clippings but do not have the full line up on any of them. It was a greatnight !!

Yea you are dead on....
    54-40 WAS just before Pearl Jam... I pushed my way up in a big mess of mud and waited for 2 hours till PJ came on.....

The rumor was they signed the contract before the "big tour" then the album went crazy.
    Sunfest was never the same after becuase in the past it was a small local festival..then PJ came and people expected the world ....Because PJ was just getting big at that time, they actually killed the event for future years.

I have the DVD if anyone wants a copy...It was pro shot but I one song is missing...

hope this helps

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Brilliant, you all are brilliant. :D

Thank you so much for the help...the info you've given helps a lot and fills in the blanks. I'm enjoying the memories you have too.

Mudfest, so sorry to hear it was kind of ruined after PJ. :O

Love to all,
    Kat
    xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    yeah, PJ was the only non-Canadian band to ever play it. It couldn't survive after they graced it with their presence. ;)

I sure hope there is something about this in the reissues!! My first PJ show!!!
    Kat wrote:
    Brilliant, you all are brilliant. :D

Thank you so much for the help...the info you've given helps a lot and fills in the blanks. I'm enjoying the memories you have too.

Mudfest, so sorry to hear it was kind of ruined after PJ. :O

Love to all,
    Kat
    xo
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    one of my favorites
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    It Was You wrote:
    I am not too sure who all played that day but 54-40 played just before PJ, from what I remember I could be wrong ?? I busy trying to make my way through the crowd to get a good view.
    Blue rodeo, Streetheart, Sven Gali, The Watchmen, Bourbon taberbacle choir, Randy Bachman, Skingerbreadman, Wild T & the Spirit, Thomas Trio & The Red Albino and Sass Jordan are a few, I kept a few news paper clippings but do not have the full line up on any of them. It was a greatnight !!

there are pics of a few posters on here Kat - maybe that might fill in some spots as well! : )

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-Gimli-Sunfest/306568355165
  • Options
    that's not the poster for that year, unfortunately.

I'm going to the Winnipeg library tomorrow on my lunch. I'll check through the Winnipeg Free Press and Winnipeg Sun archives and see what I can come up with. Even if it's too late for 10C to use anything, I'd like it for myself anyway.
    Easties wrote:
    It Was You wrote:

there are pics of a few posters on here Kat - maybe that might fill in some spots as well! : )

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-Gimli-Sunfest/306568355165
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mr bungle wrote:
    The DVD boot of this show is unreal. If you can get your hands on it, DO IT!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Hey I have Sunfest 93 on a VCR bootleg. Now thats old school :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Paul David wrote:
    that's not the poster for that year, unfortunately.

I'm going to the Winnipeg library tomorrow on my lunch. I'll check through the Winnipeg Free Press and Winnipeg Sun archives and see what I can come up with. Even if it's too late for 10C to use anything, I'd like it for myself anyway.

Theres a singlet with other names in the bunch of photos. I was thinking it was that year?

The Pursuit of Happiness
    Liquid Bone Dance
    Look People
    Skydiggers
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    I finally found the poster with all the bands listed. I have it on my home pc. obviously, a little too late for the PJ20 book, if that was what this question was for.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    There's a Facebook group called "Bring Back Sunfest" or something like that, and someone has listed all of the lineups there.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    Ryan said:

There's a Facebook group called "Bring Back Sunfest" or something like that, and someone has listed all of the lineups there.

that's where i finally found the handbill from 93. someone had all of them and finally posted them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com