Options

New Album...coming in the fall

2»

Comments

• Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Cardinal wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen.......this above quote is called back peddeling.....acting like your original post wasnt a slight at all.....its very common in our society these days....people dont feel the need to admit when they do something unclassy.....I expected this response...I alluded to it in my post.

Hopefully he does end up like me "Cardinal" and is willing to stand up for another who was ripped on..... even if you tried it as a clever jab. Im not sure how old you are...but your back seems up now.....I stand behind my statement before....grow up and show some class....

Really? That's how you're gonna play this?

I answered (with quotes) exact text that you wrote.
    Will you do the same? No you wont. No you don't. You just jabber on and on... with no context. Proud that you have someone to "protect".

Go ahead. Take my text from my first post to quote me, and mock how awful it was. Go ahead. Really... please.

Notice he didn't answer my questions.
    Did I backpedal? Nope, I elaborated.

My post was simple. I thought it was self-clarifying. But no... here comes Master Cardinal to solve the world's woes. You are playing "big brother". It's fun to play dress-up.

Anyway... if you want to answer my questions, which I asked multiple times... just go ahead and answer. I assume you won't though. You're doing a great job of avoiding it.

Cardinal wrote:
    Yes I called you out on your behavour....thats just so wrong isnt it.

Called me out on WHAT behavior? Quote my text, if you're attempting to do it. Here it is again to make it EASY for you:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    hahahaha... but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt...
    There you go. Have at it! (if you dare - which you don't)

Cardinal wrote:
    Care to grab at anymore strings?
    ...tempted by the one dangling between your legs.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen.......this above quote is called back peddeling.....acting like your original post wasnt a slight at all.....its very common in our society these days....people dont feel the need to admit when they do something unclassy.....I expected this response...I alluded to it in my post.

Hopefully he does end up like me "Cardinal" and is willing to stand up for another who was ripped on..... even if you tried it as a clever jab. Im not sure how old you are...but your back seems up now.....I stand behind my statement before....grow up and show some class....

Really? That's how you're gonna play this?

I answered (with quotes) exact text that you wrote.
    Will you do the same? No you wont. No you don't. You just jabber on and on... with no context. Proud that you have someone to "protect".

Go ahead. Take my text from my first post to quote me, and mock how awful it was. Go ahead. Really... please.

Notice he didn't answer my questions.
    Did I backpedal? Nope, I elaborated.

My post was simple. I thought it was self-clarifying. But no... here comes Master Cardinal to solve the world's woes. You are playing "big brother". It's fun to play dress-up.

Anyway... if you want to answer my questions, which I asked multiple times... just go ahead and answer. I assume you won't though. You're doing a great job of avoiding it.

Cardinal wrote:
    Yes I called you out on your behavour....thats just so wrong isnt it.

Called me out on WHAT behavior? Quote my text, if you're attempting to do it. Here it is again to make it EASY for you:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    hahahaha... but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt...
    There you go. Have at it! (if you dare - which you don't)

Cardinal wrote:
    Care to grab at anymore strings?
    ...tempted by the one dangling between your legs.
    I have said more than enough for most to understand.....you...well maybe not....weak minded I guess.

Your quote......started with laughing at the comments that were negative by another poster towards the OP......and then claiming in not so many words(hence phrasing I used "clever jab") his info has no validity......and then claiming his post count dictates he has nothing of merit....because your post count says 900+....and then stats in your info to add 5200 to your post count.

So you laugh and mocked the OP...and then discredited him for his singular post count. Because "YOUR" the post king....and board manchild it seems.

After all that and you get called out for it...Im not the only one who saw it as an unclassy move.....you continue to go on and on about....acting as if you did nothing and that all your posts were like they were in aid of the OP...which it wasnt. Acting as if you had real keen interest in if he knew it was real deal information.

I think it shows anyone who can clearly read...that you back peddeled....after you were called out....I did what you asked and you still didnt act on your statement of apologizing to him....its all good its your character in an open community for others to judge.....if people want to view me negatively for thinking your behavour sucks to a new comer here...so be it....but i dont see that kind of thing from most around here.....so far today...its all you.

Whats between my legs is for my wife thanks.....I dont roll that way....and if you do...cool...just not my bag.

Is that enough.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    i hate posts like this... the title is a confident statement.. and then you open it and it's somebody rambling

+1
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    this is PJ not fucking Steely Dan!!

Bite your tongue, son. Don't ever disgrace the name of the Dan ever again!!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    i hate posts like this... the title is a confident statement.. and then you open it and it's somebody rambling
    I agree. The thread title should have been something like "Personal Thoughts on the upcoming Pearl Jam album." Where did the "Coming this fall" come from? That wasn't even talked about in the opening post. IS there information that it is coming out this fall? Has the release date already been established? ;)
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    I have said more than enough for most to understand.....you...well maybe not....weak minded I guess.

Your quote......started with laughing at the comments that were negative by another poster towards the OP......and then claiming in not so many words(hence phrasing I used "clever jab") his info has no validity......and then claiming his post count dictates he has nothing of merit....because your post count says 900+....and then stats in your info to add 5200 to your post count.

So you laugh and mocked the OP...and then discredited him for his singular post count. Because "YOUR" the post king....and board manchild it seems.

After all that and you get called out for it...Im not the only one who saw it as an unclassy move.....you continue to go on and on about....acting as if you did nothing and that all your posts were like they were in aid of the OP...which it wasnt. Acting as if you had real keen interest in if he knew it was real deal information.

I think it shows anyone who can clearly read...that you back peddeled....after you were called out....I did what you asked and you still didnt act on your statement of apologizing to him....its all good its your character in an open community for others to judge.....if people want to view me negatively for thinking your behavour sucks to a new comer here...so be it....but i dont see that kind of thing from most around here.....so far today...its all you.

Whats between my legs is for my wife thanks.....I dont roll that way....and if you do...cool...just not my bag.

Is that enough.

Haha... Oh, I understand what you're saying. Your mind is just so muddled, I'm not going to even begin correcting you. You've been attacking me and trying to drag me into your over-protective madness. You didn't even use my actual quotes, as I requested and knew you wouldn't, as you tried to make my words fit your anger. Have fun with your anger! It's humorous to watch. I just wish I were having this conversation with a more lucid mind on the other end.

...and ask your wife about grabbing the string "dangling between your legs". She'll get it.

(and no, it's not your penis sweetie. :roll: )
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd like to know where/how the OP knows the album is coming out in the fall. I haven't heard dates... I'm eager to know. I was hoping late spring, or maybe early summer. And since bands usually don't play tour dates until after a new album is released, this is pertinent information for those of us trying to book summer vacations. If he's claiming the "New Album ...coming in the fall", I'd love to know how he knows this.

If this album is out before September, I'll eat my hat. My money's on winter at the earliest, with 2010 being more likely. I've been around long enough to see 4 album releases, and the lag between when the band SAYS they're recording an album and its release is longer than any group I've ever heard of. They are ALWAYS going into the studio to record. This whole talk about "we kicked around a few song ideas and Ed is working on some lyrics" to me indicates this album is a VERY VERY long way away from being done, let alone released. They haven't even written or finalized any songs from the sound of it.

*edit* It's nice to not be the one in a pissing match for once, since so many around here seem to think I only come here to stir such things up. :)
  • Options
    If this album is out before September, I'll eat my hat. My money's on winter at the earliest, with 2010 being more likely. I've been around long enough to see 4 album releases, and the lag between when the band SAYS they're recording an album and its release is longer than any group I've ever heard of. They are ALWAYS going into the studio to record. This whole talk about "we kicked around a few song ideas and Ed is working on some lyrics" to me indicates this album is a VERY VERY long way away from being done, let alone released. They haven't even written or finalized any songs from the sound of it.

*edit* It's nice to not be the one in a pissing match for once, since so many around here seem to think I only come here to stir such things up. :)

You're the troublemaker Soul! We all know it. :D
  • Options

I mostly agree. The best songs on both those albums were the more mellow, experimental tracks. I'm perfectly ok with that. It was the token rockers that sucked ass on both those albums... they sounded so tired, generic, boring, and rote. Enough of the lame attempts at thrashing punk songs guys... it's beyond you. If you want to rock, go for the groove... like 1/2 Full or Inside Job's climax. Another song like Get Right or Comatose or Save You and I'll puke.

well it's a good thing you're not producing them because i like Comatose & Save you!! this is PJ not fucking Steely Dan!!

" lame attempts at thrashing punk songs" how fucking dare you!! :evil:

tell you what...post a few of your songs from your band and we'll compare. :lol:

You're right, this is PJ... the band that is at their best rocking with an epic swagger like Led Zeppelin, not wanking like a crappy Sex Pistols cover band with ADD ;)
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

You're the troublemaker Soul! We all know it. :D

Stone better watch it, he's got some competition!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    BM67227 wrote:
    Let me first off apologize for the subject of my post...I put "New Album...coming in the fall". When in all actuality I should of put "I'm excited for the new album...coming in the fall". Let me clarify that I don't know if it's going to come out in the fall, I'm just going by what I've read so far. I didn't take the "Posting etiquette" class that dreamweaver apparently took before. I'm simply excited for the new album and wanted to get some ideas on what people thought about the direction of the new album...that I PREDICT will be released on October 20, 2009 All of you members that clearly aren't experiencing pms cramps thank you for welcoming me in this rabid PJ community!
    When posting new threads on a public message board, there are a couple things to keep in mind. What is the subject you are trying to discuss. When you title a thread "New Album...coming in the fall," when there has been absolutely no date or season set yet as to when the new album will be release, you lead people to believe that you have new/fresh information about the album coming out this fall....when in reality you were just speculating.

No worries though, it is just the reality of how your thread was perceived, and then finding the differently when we read it. Perception is everything. :)
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

Is that enough.

Haha... Oh, I understand what you're saying. Your mind is just so muddled, I'm not going to even begin correcting you. You've been attacking me and trying to drag me into your over-protective madness. You didn't even use my actual quotes, as I requested and knew you wouldn't, as you tried to make my words fit your anger. Have fun with your anger! It's humorous to watch. I just wish I were having this conversation with a more lucid mind on the other end.

...and ask your wife about grabbing the string "dangling between your legs". She'll get it.

(and no, it's not your penis sweetie. :roll: )
    The funny thing is you pen it as anger....I have no anger over this....its not directed at me.....I felt bad for the new comer you and others slammed on.....they were childish actions....and you really are just throwing dirt to save face....I can tell your young.....you dont totally get it yet....may never...but I hope not for your case.

I dont need to throw up your quote at your request...I pulled it apart and you wont touch it.....we can all very well see why. Arguing with idiots is an effort in futility.....your better at being an idiot....you win....THREAD!

I expect one or two more posts from you...trying to slam me...for standing up for the newcomer.....its expected.....go ahead trash away.....seems to be all your good at.

FYI Im a man and dont use tampons......maybe you do...not sure...kinda gross if you ask me.
    I make a rule in my life not to talk about other men genitals....try it out.
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    BM67227 wrote:
    Let me first off apologize for the subject of my post...I put "New Album...coming in the fall". When in all actuality I should of put "I'm excited for the new album...coming in the fall". Let me clarify that I don't know if it's going to come out in the fall, I'm just going by what I've read so far. I didn't take the "Posting etiquette" class that dreamweaver apparently took before. I'm simply excited for the new album and wanted to get some ideas on what people thought about the direction of the new album...that I PREDICT will be released on October 20, 2009 All of you members that clearly aren't experiencing pms cramps thank you for welcoming me in this rabid PJ community!
    When posting new threads on a public message board, there are a couple things to keep in mind. What is the subject you are trying to discuss. When you title a thread "New Album...coming in the fall," when there has been absolutely no date or season set yet as to when the new album will be release, you lead people to believe that you have new/fresh information about the album coming out this fall....when in reality you were just speculating.

No worries though, it is just the reality of how your thread was perceived, and then finding the differently when we read it. Perception is everything. :)

aNiMaL put it perfectly. We're always glad to see a new face around here btw. :) BTW - are you a newer fan BM67227, or just new to the board?
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    Arguing with idiots is an effort in futility

+1

I couldn't agree more, which is why I'm stopping.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    BM67227 wrote:
    I know this has been discussed on this board previously...but from the sounds of the early album details...this might be a little bit more experimental than the 3 previous albums. I like the fact that Brendan O'brien is on board for this one...I would love to see PJ do some more acoustic songs on an album...What's everybody think? In the rolling stone snippet on the album...Ament says that Eddie has "caught a new wave" from the Into the Wild album...which sounds to me that we might hear more banjo and cowbell!
    I see that you're a fan of NoCode. I love NoCode too. You see though, "experimental" is a nasty word. For example, experimental to the "Sonic Youth" or "Sigur Ros" measure= BAD. NoCode experimental, Vitalogy experimental=KICK ASS. Let Sonic Youth be Sonic Youth and don't try to do something your band can not fit in no matter how hard you try. In other words, go ahead and experiment but do it wisely. Also, I would want to see more crunching sound fast and furious than banjo :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    BM67227 wrote:
    I know this has been discussed on this board previously...but from the sounds of the early album details...this might be a little bit more experimental than the 3 previous albums. I like the fact that Brendan O'brien is on board for this one...I would love to see PJ do some more acoustic songs on an album...What's everybody think? In the rolling stone snippet on the album...Ament says that Eddie has "caught a new wave" from the Into the Wild album...which sounds to me that we might hear more banjo and cowbell!
    I see that you're a fan of NoCode. I love NoCode too. You see though, "experimental" is a nasty word. For example, experimental to the "Sonic Youth" or "Sigur Ros" measure= BAD. NoCode experimental, Vitalogy experimental=KICK ASS. Let Sonic Youth be Sonic Youth and don't try to do something your band can not fit in no matter how hard you try. In other words, go ahead and experiment but do it wisely. Also, I would want to see more crunching sound fast and furious than banjo :)

I still think this album is gonna sound like no other. I love some Sonic Youth... but they go to the extreme. Some of their jams on the end of one of the DVD's is pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind hearing a 10 minute instrumental jam with no lyrics.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    BM67227 wrote:

Sigur Ros is awesome. PJ would be better off going for that than trying to be the Ramones. Their punk efforts definitely fall into the "trying to do something your band can not fit in no matter how hard you try" category.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

+1

Well Im glad you can see the error in your ways.......see was that so hard....you should have just said you were an idiot from the start.....wow what a waste of time.

Good day!
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    I'm pretty confident we will have a new album this year. They all are down in LA LA Land now recording. They only have left town once to record. Vitalogy, and they banged that one out quick. I've also seen albums recorded in two weeks. If they want to get it done for lets say a tour, then they will. It's clear they are working on some sort of time line with these re-releases, I'm sure the album and tour has been worked into that schedule.
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

+1

Well Im glad you can see the error in your ways.......see was that so hard....you should have just said you were an idiot from the start.....wow what a waste of time.

Good day!

Good day? I'm having a GREAT day! (just made $2.7k!)

I love how you injected "I'm glad you can see the error in your ways". Clearly I haven't.

You've been insulting this whole thread. I think I'll refrain from starting now. Our words (for those who care to read them) will speak for themselves.

It was fun watching you flip out.

Stay classy, Cardinal!

stay%20classy.jpg
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    I'm pretty confident we will have a new album this year. They all are down in LA LA Land now recording. They only have left town once to record. Vitalogy, and they banged that one out quick. I've also seen albums recorded in two weeks. If they want to get it done for lets say a tour, then they will. It's clear they are working on some sort of time line with these re-releases, I'm sure the album and tour has been worked into that schedule.

Yeah, but when has PJ EVER done an album in 2 weeks? The time between releases only gets longer and longer these days. Honestly, they don't seem to have much interest in the band anymore.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Yeah, but when has PJ EVER done an album in 2 weeks? The time between releases only gets longer and longer these days. Honestly, they don't seem to have much interest in the band anymore.

I thought that VS was recorded in 2 weeks... but indeed, many years ago. But, they are the ones releasing it! No waiting for it to be circulated around record-execs. No waiting for stamps of approval. Once they say "done. print." It's on! :)
  • Options
    Other than "Versus" which was more of a refinement and tightening of the sound heard on "Ten" ALL of the PJ albums have been "experimental" to one degree or the other. The new album will be a Pearl Jam album which means we'll have a few rockers, a few anthems, a few groove songs, and some weird off the wall stuff. Fine with me.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    darth summed it up nicely :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
This discussion has been closed.