Options

New Album...coming in the fall

BM67227BM67227 Posts: 15
edited February 2009 in The Porch
I know this has been discussed on this board previously...but from the sounds of the early album details...this might be a little bit more experimental than the 3 previous albums. I like the fact that Brendan O'brien is on board for this one...I would love to see PJ do some more acoustic songs on an album...What's everybody think? In the rolling stone snippet on the album...Ament says that Eddie has "caught a new wave" from the Into the Wild album...which sounds to me that we might hear more banjo and cowbell!
bjmac11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 711
    i hate posts like this... the title is a confident statement.. and then you open it and it's somebody rambling
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    I think the band will be more open and experimental for sure. The guys most likely feel like we al do. Relieved. No politics needed. I see the guys enjoying this process more.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    hahahaha... but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I love to see the enthusiasm, but I agree. We know within a minute or two of ANY details that are published in interviews or articles. Regurgitated weeks old news from an individuals point of view is not really worthy of a new post. Even a cursory scan of the topics would root out the information posted in this thread.

Sorry, I am a little cranky this morning.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    SPJSPJ BRIGANTINE BEACH Posts: 255
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    SPJ wrote:
    gold plated baby..lol
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    i hate posts like this... the title is a confident statement.. and then you open it and it's somebody rambling
    Jesus, was the 3.5 seconds of your life that was wasted before realizing you didn't have anything to offer to this thread really worthy of the time you spent to put the OP down? I think not...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    I love PJ acoustic, but make sure it's Pearl Jam, and not Eddie Vedder. Would hate to see him take total control. Not into Into the Wild.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    can some of you please get over yourself? you are not board moderators. so what if the OP wanted to start a thread? :twisted:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    agreed.. first prize.
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    more experimental then their last 3 albums? apart from avocado the other 2 were extremely experimental compared to Yield. Binaural and Riot Act were both very different.. I love experimental Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    John Briggs 2008John Briggs 2008 Posts: 1,024
    edited February 2009
    TW97526 wrote:
    more experimental then their last 3 albums? apart from avocado the other 2 were extremely experimental compared to Yield. Binaural and Riot Act were both very different.. I love experimental Pearl Jam.

Indeed. I simply think the guys feel relieved like many. I bet they just kind of sit back and relax without trying to make a statement his album and enjoy the music for what it is.
    Post edited by John Briggs 2008 on
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    TW97526 wrote:
    Agreed. I don't think the new album will be experimental at all. Just maybe a little more mellow (Like Yield :D )...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    CJMST3K wrote:
    hahahaha... but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt...
    Since when did the amount of posts you had mean your threads or posts were useless?

Seems some growing up is in order.

The most useless post in this thread was yours.

God forbit this gent talks about his favorite band on a Pearl Jam board.

Grow up...post count king...lmao
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    SPJ wrote:

hahaha.gif

Whoa! Just had a flash moment. Ed jamming around with a cowbell like .. that guy! :shock:

laugh4.gif
  • Options
    Wow...thanks for the support! For a second I thought this was a Guns N Roses message board!
    bjmac11
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    BM67227 wrote:
    Wow...thanks for the support! For a second I thought this was a Guns N Roses message board!

What happens over there? roar.gif
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    BM67227 wrote:

people shouldn't abuse you for posting something you are excited about! welcome to the board! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    TW97526 wrote:

I mostly agree. The best songs on both those albums were the more mellow, experimental tracks. I'm perfectly ok with that. It was the token rockers that sucked ass on both those albums... they sounded so tired, generic, boring, and rote. Enough of the lame attempts at thrashing punk songs guys... it's beyond you. If you want to rock, go for the groove... like 1/2 Full or Inside Job's climax. Another song like Get Right or Comatose or Save You and I'll puke.
  • Options

I mostly agree. The best songs on both those albums were the more mellow, experimental tracks. I'm perfectly ok with that. It was the token rockers that sucked ass on both those albums... they sounded so tired, generic, boring, and rote. Enough of the lame attempts at thrashing punk songs guys... it's beyond you. If you want to rock, go for the groove... like 1/2 Full or Inside Job's climax. Another song like Get Right or Comatose or Save You and I'll puke.

well it's a good thing you're not producing them because i like Comatose & Save you!! this is PJ not fucking Steely Dan!!

" lame attempts at thrashing punk songs" how fucking dare you!! :evil:

tell you what...post a few of your songs from your band and we'll compare. :lol:
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Since when did the amount of posts you had mean your threads or posts were useless?

I think that dreamweaver had it right. When I read "New Album... coming in the fall", I'd expect to see something relating to the topic that he created. Wouldn't you? Instead, it had nothing to do with his claim in the title. Just a catchy-title to ensure people read the post, but absolutely 0% to do with what he actually wrote about. It wasn't "New Album... coming in the fall???".

I'd like to know where/how the OP knows the album is coming out in the fall. I haven't heard dates... I'm eager to know. I was hoping late spring, or maybe early summer. And since bands usually don't play tour dates until after a new album is released, this is pertinent information for those of us trying to book summer vacations. If he's claiming the "New Album ...coming in the fall", I'd love to know how he knows this.

Cardinal, please bold what in the OP's writings below had to do with a "coming in the fall". If you do, I will gladly apologize to OP.
    BM67227 wrote:
    I know this has been discussed on this board previously...but from the sounds of the early album details...this might be a little bit more experimental than the 3 previous albums. I like the fact that Brendan O'brien is on board for this one...I would love to see PJ do some more acoustic songs on an album...What's everybody think? In the rolling stone snippet on the album...Ament says that Eddie has "caught a new wave" from the Into the Wild album...which sounds to me that we might hear more banjo and cowbell!

BM27227... WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I think that dreamweaver had it right. When I read "New Album... coming in the fall", I'd expect to see something relating to the topic that he created. Wouldn't you? Instead, it had nothing to do with his claim in the title. Just a catchy-title to ensure people read the post, but absolutely 0% to do with what he actually wrote about. It wasn't "New Album... coming in the fall???".

I'd like to know where/how the OP knows the album is coming out in the fall. I haven't heard dates... I'm eager to know. I was hoping late spring, or maybe early summer. And since bands usually don't play tour dates until after a new album is released, this is pertinent information for those of us trying to book summer vacations. If he's claiming the "New Album ...coming in the fall", I'd love to know how he knows this.

Cardinal, please bold what in the OP's writings below had to do with a "coming in the fall". If you do, I will gladly apologize to OP.
    BM67227 wrote:

BM27227... WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. :)
    First things first.....maybe he assumes its coming in the fall......it doesnt state anywhere that a thread title must repeat in a thread....welcome to the internet.....your grabbing at strings and making excuses for the rude behavour to the OP. Very unclassy...if thats your thing...thats really low.

He has one post...this is it.....do you think he was looking for people to flame him....wqould you be when you newly become a member to something...its an easy answer. NO

Have some respect...act like an adult...its not hard its just......its what your parents try to teach when your young....most children understand it.

Maybe he really thinks its coming in the fall....he doesnt need to be an expert or have inside info to state that....its his opinion....he is allowed to have this. Just like you may have an idea ofwhat you think may happen....this is his.....he doesnt need to go over the thread title again...rather he spoke further to HIS thoughts on the band and possible material. Should he really be treated so....you and I know the answer...its no....you wouldnt like to be treated in that manner and you know it.

Making excuses to further this or your point is rather immature......you should and can apologize now
    Post edited by Cardinal on
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    i love when new music is released in the Fall

a PJ cd would be great!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    I truly, truly believe that PJ will do a mini tour this year. I feel the album will be out in the fall and a world tour in 2010......but I feel that some shows will def be played this summer, Mark my words.
    Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    Let me first off apologize for the subject of my post...I put "New Album...coming in the fall". When in all actuality I should of put "I'm excited for the new album...coming in the fall". Let me clarify that I don't know if it's going to come out in the fall, I'm just going by what I've read so far. I didn't take the "Posting etiquette" class that dreamweaver apparently took before. I'm simply excited for the new album and wanted to get some ideas on what people thought about the direction of the new album...that I PREDICT will be released on October 20, 2009 All of you members that clearly aren't experiencing pms cramps thank you for welcoming me in this rabid PJ community!
    bjmac11
  • Options
    BM67227 wrote:
    Let me first off apologize for the subject of my post...I put "New Album...coming in the fall". When in all actuality I should of put "I'm excited for the new album...coming in the fall". Let me clarify that I don't know if it's going to come out in the fall, I'm just going by what I've read so far. I didn't take the "Posting etiquette" class that dreamweaver apparently took before. I'm simply excited for the new album and wanted to get some ideas on what people thought about the direction of the new album...that I PREDICT will be released on October 20, 2009 All of you members that clearly aren't experiencing pms cramps thank you for welcoming me in this rabid PJ community!
    You dont need to apologize for anything.

Welcome to the Pit.......sift through the "cling ons" and the "Im a bigger fan than you guys".....and you will enjoy it here.

Dave
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Cardinal wrote:
    your grabbing at strings and making excuses for the rude behavour to the OP. Very unclassy...if thats your thing...thats really low.

WTF is wrong with you Cardinal? Did you even read my post? Here it is again:
    CJMST3K wrote:

So... you have a major, major problem with "but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt..."?
    -perhaps he DOES know something we dont. that's why I said it.
    -perhaps his lack of posting (being his first) he doesn't understand that making a thread titled "New Album coming in the fall" could be construed as a statement of a "New Album coming in the fall".

Cardinal wrote:
    Have some respect...act like an adult...its not hard its just......its what your parents try to teach when your young....most children understand it.

Why do you ignore your own advice?

Cardinal wrote:
    Maybe he really thinks its coming in the fall

This is about the only valid statement you've said in all your posts.

Cardinal wrote:
    Should he really be treated so....you and I know the answer...its no....you wouldnt like to be treated in that manner and you know it.

What are you even talking about?
    Really. What are you talking about?
    Please take my above quote, and show me what you are talking about.

Here's the post again, so you can show me....

Are you referring to
    CJMST3K wrote:
    but he may know something we dont!
    or
    CJMST3K wrote:
    he's got 1 post under his belt...

Cardinal wrote:
    you should and can apologize now

OP already did. BM27227 - enjoy your time on the board! Be careful not to become like this Cardinal guy...
    Post edited by CJMST3K on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    simmah dah nahhhh!!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:
    your grabbing at strings and making excuses for the rude behavour to the OP. Very unclassy...if thats your thing...thats really low.

WTF is wrong with you Cardinal? Did you even read my post? Here it is again:
    CJMST3K wrote:

So... you have a major, major problem with "but he may know something we dont! he's got 1 post under his belt..."?
    -perhaps he DOES know something we dont. that's why I said it.
    -perhaps his lack of posting (being his first) he doesn't understand that making a thread titled "New Album coming in the fall" could be construed as a statement of a "New Album coming in the fall".

Cardinal wrote:

Why do you ignore your own advice?

Cardinal wrote:
    Maybe he really thinks its coming in the fall

This is about the only valid statement you've said in all your posts.

Cardinal wrote:
    Should he really be treated so....you and I know the answer...its no....you wouldnt like to be treated in that manner and you know it.

What are you even talking about?
    Really. What are you talking about?
    Please take my above quote, and show me what you are talking about.

Here's the post again, so you can show me....

Are you referring to
    CJMST3K wrote:
    but he may know something we dont!
    or
    CJMST3K wrote:
    he's got 1 post under his belt...

Cardinal wrote:
    you should and can apologize now

OP already did. BM27227 - enjoy your time on the board! Be careful not to become like this Cardinal guy...
    Ladies and Gentlemen.......this above quote is called back peddeling.....acting like your original post wasnt a slight at all.....its very common in our society these days....people dont feel the need to admit when they do something unclassy.....I expected this response...I alluded to it in my post.

Hopefully he does end up like me "Cardinal" and is willing to stand up for another who was ripped on..... even if you tried it as a clever jab. Im not sure how old you are...but your back seems up now.....I stand behind my statement before....grow up and show some class....Yes I called you out on your behavour....thats just so wrong isnt it.

Care to grab at anymore strings?
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    SPJSPJ BRIGANTINE BEACH Posts: 255
    BM67227 wrote:
    As for my part, I was just joking, if I hadn't had done it someone else would have. I come in peace, I mean no harm. welcome to the board
This discussion has been closed.