Options

New & Improved Spectrum Speculation...

Comments

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    You all do realize that Comcast-Spectacor also owns and operated the Wachovia Center.... so I don't see anything new about a possible Spectrum show here... although it is a nice thought. ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    CC56367 wrote:
    I'm still waiting on that 2008 Vote For Change show My2Hands promised us. I think they are going to announce it any day now. Can't wait!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    sounds good to me :D 3 nights at the spectrum I could never have dreamt of seeing PJ in South Jersey and now possibly in Philly :) That would make an aussie abroad a very happy camper indeed. Saw NY there recently and tat was one of the better shows I have ever witnessed. Bring it on!
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    So I normally hate concert rumors because they get me needlessly excited, but after reading the Spectrum stuff on here I asked my sister, who works for Comcast-Spectacor, to put her feelers out at work and to let me know if she hears anything.

Well today she told me she asked her boss if he's heard anything about Pearl Jam coming and he said "Yeah, but I can't really give any details."

So take it for what it's worth, but I wanted to share with you guys.
    this is accurate, i work for a radio station in town and asked the events guy from comcast-spectacor when we were doing an event at the Wachovia Center a few weeks back about the possibility of the spectrum shows and he told me "it looks like a big thing, but they are still in talks"
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    So I normally hate concert rumors because they get me needlessly excited, but after reading the Spectrum stuff on here I asked my sister, who works for Comcast-Spectacor, to put her feelers out at work and to let me know if she hears anything.

Well today she told me she asked her boss if he's heard anything about Pearl Jam coming and he said "Yeah, but I can't really give any details."

So take it for what it's worth, but I wanted to share with you guys.
    this is accurate, i work for a radio station in town and asked the events guy from comcast-spectacor when we were doing an event at the Wachovia Center a few weeks back about the possibility of the spectrum shows and he told me "it looks like a big thing, but they are still in talks"
    :mrgreen: this may be a good year after all.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I'm already getting excited.

You'd have to assume that if they play in Philly, they would also play in NYC, Boston and a couple other places while in the North East (Toronto?). Then again, if it is 3 shows at the Spectrum, maybe not. I love speculating :D
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'm already getting excited.

You'd have to assume that if they play in Philly, they would also play in NYC, Boston and a couple other places while in the North East (Toronto?). Then again, if it is 3 shows at the Spectrum, maybe not. I love speculating :D
    me too.... and I'm holding you to the toronto sleep over if there's shows :D

like I said you and Allison can stay here, for Philly shows!

I"m so ready for shows :D:D:D
  • Options
    Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

I'm hella psyched like woah.

At least insomuch as I'll be chomping at the bit for 7 months.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

I'm hella psyched like woah.

At least insomuch as I'll be chomping at the bit for 7 months.
    holy shiznit Tim.... you're posting!!!!!
  • Options
    3 nights? I'm sorry I would believe one or two....but philly doesn't get 3 nights...at least not in a row. It's not that I don't love philly...cause I do...and I know there is a hardcore fan base there no doubt about that...but 3 nights??...think about it. Even Boston couldn't handle 3 in a row...they had to stagger the shows.

Regardless, the important thing is we are hearing similar things from different people so it sounds like tour talk has officially begun...I think 2 nights makes sense but 3 seems overboard (of course not as far as us diehards are concerned!)

All I care about is that they play September/October because lll be back in the states during that time!
  • Options
    AR136662 wrote:
    3 nights? I'm sorry I would believe one or two....but philly doesn't get 3 nights...at least not in a row. It's not that I don't love philly...cause I do...and I know there is a hardcore fan base there no doubt about that...but 3 nights??...think about it. Even Boston couldn't handle 3 in a row...they had to stagger the shows.
    Why not 3 nights? There could be many factors that you aren't aware of that would make 3 nights more viable. Maybe one show is Fan Club only? Maybe this is the only city in the North East that even gets a show. Who knows. I don't see how you could categorically eliminate Philly as being unable to handle 3 shows.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    AR136662 wrote:

Regardless, the important thing is we are hearing similar things from different people so it sounds like tour talk has officially begun...I think 2 nights makes sense but 3 seems overboard (of course not as far as us diehards are concerned!)

All I care about is that they play September/October because lll be back in the states during that time!
    I wonder if one show will be at the spectrum.... and the other 2 possibly at wachovia center, or vice versa.
  • Options

It happens sometimes. News is getting exciting around here.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options

It happens sometimes. News is getting exciting around here.
    i peed a little in my pants when I saw that! oh and from the exciting news too :P
  • Options
    I'll be there 3 times in 2 weeks for KOL, Springsteen, & the Dead. PJ would top them all!
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options
    I'll be there 3 times in 2 weeks for KOL, Springsteen, & the Dead. PJ would top them all!
    So what's the deal with your avtar? Are you signing? Yawning? Praying? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    So what's the deal with your avtar? Are you signing? Yawning? Praying? :mrgreen:
    catching flies :P
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    catching flies :P
    I've decided that he is singing "Arc" ...
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I've decided that he is singing "Arc" ...
    Much like ED at Massey Hall! OH I see it now ;)
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    AR136662 wrote:

Like anyone expected San Fran to get 3 shows at the start of the '06 tour??

I'm not sure of the differences of venue sizes, but if San Fran can do it, why not Philly??
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    AR136662 wrote:

I'm not sure of the differences of venue sizes, but if San Fran can do it, why not Philly??
    Good point!
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Good point!

I have them from time to time....its rare occasions though, honest!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    BeerBaron wrote:
    AR136662 wrote:
    Why not 3 nights? There could be many factors that you aren't aware of that would make 3 nights more viable. Maybe one show is Fan Club only? Maybe this is the only city in the North East that even gets a show. Who knows. I don't see how you could categorically eliminate Philly as being unable to handle 3 shows.

don't mess with the BeerBaron, he'll be making my summer/fall touring plans for me because i'm just too lazy to do so!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

don't mess with the BeerBaron, he'll be making my summer/fall touring plans for me because i'm just too lazy to do so!
    And I say you are going to be in Philly for 3 nights :D
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

And I say you are going to be in Philly for 3 nights :D

stewie_evil.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    AR136662 wrote:

but yet you're making my toronto plans for me?! :D
  • Options
    :D The two trips will be at different times. No worries. Perhaps the two of you will cross paths in 2009.

100Pacer - I love the evil little Stewie :)
  • Options
    Philly's WMMR jockey Pierre talked about the rumors today on air, basically saying that it is a very real possibility, and that when they had confirmation they would make an announcement!!
  • Options

for shizzle,...