Gaslight Anthem cover Pearl Jam in Bristol

ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,225
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Not sure if this is the place to post this (apologies if not and please move!) but saw the Gaslight Anthem in Bristol tonight on their UK tour. Great show, just under 80 minutes, including a stunning cover of State Of Love And Trust to open the encore. Always good to hear PJ songs but that's an unusual choice for cover!
The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    ...But a damn good one.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    What's a Gaslight Anthem?
    32 shows and counting...
  • jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    That's awesome. TGA are a great band.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Wicked cool! I just got turned on to these guys recently and really like what I'm hearing. They're rolling through my neck of the woods in April so I'm going to have to check them out in hopes of hearing a PJ cover.

(Hey! Two Homers in a row!)
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Kraven wrote:
    What's a Gaslight Anthem?

A badass band from NJ. Glad to have them cover a Pearl jam song
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    OH MY GOD!

Audio? Video?
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Big fan of Gaslight Anthem. Anyone who likes Springsteen especially should check them out.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    rcs wrote:
    (Hey! Two Homers in a row!)

D'oh!

;)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Gaslight Anthem are good. I'd love to hear that cover! I can see that guy doing a good job with it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    raindog80 wrote:
    OH MY GOD!

Audio? Video?

UP!

07/02/09 - The Gaslight Anthem at Concorde II
    Frank Turner was the first artist I saw tonight, which could say its unusual to have an acoustic act slotted between two punk band tonight. But considering the background with Million Dead, and his successful solo career, this acoustic act was never going to be dull. The set drew from both his albums and a song from an EP and judging by the crowd singing every word back at him, seemed to have as much of a response as tonight’s headliners The Gaslight Anthem had.

A quick changeover later and the headliners The Gaslight Anthem come on stage at 9pm. Despite a slow start in terms of crowd reaction and possible nerves from the band, recent single The 59′ Sound gets the whole venue alight with clenched fisted singalongs. There’s a healthy mix tonight from the two albums and the EP. The lyrics tonight are awash with everyone from Sam Cooke to The Clash, and is more of a representation of the crowd tonight, whose demographic cannot be clogged together. A quick pause this evening comes in the form of Brian Fallon’s solo cover of Stand By Me, which goes down as well of any of this bands songs, before breaking into a speedier Sink or Swim track. The three song encore - one of which includes Pearl Jam’s The State of Love and Trust, ends this gig on a high and leaves the future written well for the future of this band.
    pearljamonline.it
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Gutted, I'm from Bristol, that woulda been sweet. Will have to check em out.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
    raindog80 wrote:
    raindog80 wrote:
    OH MY GOD!

Audio? Video?

UP!

07/02/09 - The Gaslight Anthem at Concorde II
    Frank Turner was the first artist I saw tonight, which could say its unusual to have an acoustic act slotted between two punk band tonight. But considering the background with Million Dead, and his successful solo career, this acoustic act was never going to be dull. The set drew from both his albums and a song from an EP and judging by the crowd singing every word back at him, seemed to have as much of a response as tonight’s headliners The Gaslight Anthem had.

A quick changeover later and the headliners The Gaslight Anthem come on stage at 9pm. Despite a slow start in terms of crowd reaction and possible nerves from the band, recent single The 59′ Sound gets the whole venue alight with clenched fisted singalongs. There’s a healthy mix tonight from the two albums and the EP. The lyrics tonight are awash with everyone from Sam Cooke to The Clash, and is more of a representation of the crowd tonight, whose demographic cannot be clogged together. A quick pause this evening comes in the form of Brian Fallon’s solo cover of Stand By Me, which goes down as well of any of this bands songs, before breaking into a speedier Sink or Swim track. The three song encore - one of which includes Pearl Jam’s The State of Love and Trust, ends this gig on a high and leaves the future written well for the future of this band.

Where is this up at?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I'm wondering about this cover too.

EDIT: OK, I just checked out their sound and they sound like an opening band to me. So, there is a good chance these guys will get asked to open. I wouldn't be too crazy about the idea though. My favorite opening band for Pearl Jam is RELENTLESSFUCKINGSEVEN!!!! I mean for the next tour :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm wondering about this cover too.

EDIT: OK, I just checked out their sound and they sound like an opening band to me. So, there is a good chance these guys will get asked to open. I wouldn't be too crazy about the idea though. My favorite opening band for Pearl Jam is RELENTLESSFUCKINGSEVEN!!!! I mean for the next tour :D

Good call! They should all three play
  • I just checked out there myspace... now I really want to hear there version of SOLAT
  • FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    I love this band. jersey shore sound with a bruce influence. Love them even more that they covered state of love. I am seeing them in NYC in March.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
    So is there a recording of this anywhere? I've had no luck finding anything.
  • those motherfuckers hah.
    when No Code (the PJ tribute I'm in) played in New Brunswick...some of the guys from TGA were checking us out and watching our every move...bastards stole it from us!

www.myspace.com/nocodejam
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
    pearljamonline.it
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    thanks for the link raindog80!
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    The '59 Sound is a fun little album. Quite nostalgic.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    raindog80 wrote:
    So they also played it in London or is this mislabelled?
    GASLIGHT ANTHEM
    Zoe Club, Milan, Italy, 02.24.2009

Setlist
    Great Expectations
    High Lonesom
    Old White Lincoln
    Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
    We Came To Dance
    The '59 Sound
    I'da Ya Called You Woody, Joe
    Wherefore Are Thou, Elvis?
    Miles Davis And The Cool
    Meet Me By The River's Edge
    State Of Love And Trust
    The Patient Ferris Wheel
    Here's Looking At You, Kid
    The Backseat

Encore
    Blue Jeans + White T-Shirts
    Say I Won't Recognize
    Woodersoon

Encore #2
    Casanova, Baby!

Very fuckin' amazing show. One of the best shows of the past months...
    The Gaslight Anthem is one of the best band in the world, guys.

gaslightsetlistb.jpg
    w1712.png
    pearljamonline.it
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Ah i want to see a tribute band!

Midlands or South UK ?