New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    I don't know if true. I heard McAdoo said he told Eli would take the first snap but Eli said no
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    igotid88 said:
    I don't know if true. I heard McAdoo said he told Eli would take the first snap but Eli said no
    Yeah, read that they gave him the opportunity to start but with Geno/Webb playing and he said to just play them.  

Also...this...

Can McAdoo see Eli being the #Giants QB next year: “It’s part of the evaluation process.”
    If you are going to bench Eli, get Webb ready for a week or two and give him a couple games at the end of the season.

Don't do it for Geno friggen Smith
    I guess this answers the question of whether or not McAdoo and Reese are getting fired
    I miss igotid88
    “Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play,” Manning said. “My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won’t finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can.”
    igotid88 said:
    I guess this answers the question of whether or not McAdoo and Reese are getting fired
    I just don't understand how Mara approves this.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    If you are going to bench Eli, get Webb ready for a week or two and give him a couple games at the end of the season.

So the Giants are morphing into the Browns.

I approve of where your organization is headed.

chinese-happy.jpg

I don't know.  Seems extremely poorly handled to me.  You're a bit of an Eli hater. What do you think?

I get the point of not playing him, this team blows, but for Geno Smith is just a slap in the face.  Webb at least you are seeing what you have in the future before the draft.

I don't know.  Seems extremely poorly handled to me.  You're a bit of an Eli hater. What do you think?

I get the point of not playing him, this team blows, but for Geno Smith is just a slap in the face.  Webb at least you are seeing what you have in the future before the draft.

I'm not an Eli hater. I'm an Eli realist so it comes across as hatred when conversing with an Eli but kisser like igotid88.

I don't know much about Webb, but you're right. You don't do this to play Geno Smith. You'd do it if you have a qb of the future behind him. This is dumb. Let him play it out and end his Giants career with a classy goodbye.

Watch him go to Denver and win another SB with them like his brother did. Ha.

chinese-happy.jpg
    If you want to take the positives. Eli is still the starter next year. Unless Webb completely blows them away.  But if not. We're drafting a quarterback next year. There will be film on Webb. Could use that for a trade. Maybe get offensive line help.
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    this was an all-time rant by Francesa.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

I'm not an Eli hater. I'm an Eli realist so it comes across as hatred when conversing with an Eli but kisser like igotid88.

I don't know much about Webb, but you're right. You don't do this to play Geno Smith. You'd do it if you have a qb of the future behind him. This is dumb. Let him play it out and end his Giants career with a classy goodbye.

I hear you and yeah, who knows if Webb is the QB of the future, but you know Geno isn't.  

Denver or the Jags seem like the most logical destinations.

I'm a realist too. Yes I'm a big fan. But if he makes a mistake I'll point it out. But since be gets criticized so much. I like to balance it out. I know what he is. I never said he was the greatest qb of all time. It's a team sport. And lots of times in his time here the rest of the team did not show up. He also gets criticized because he doesn't have the qb look or has a face that's easy to make fun of. 
    I miss igotid88

Yeah Jacksonville would make sense. They just need a qb

chinese-happy.jpg
    Maybe Cleveland and win a Super Bowl there
    I miss igotid88
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    If they are making this decision now then there is no reason why they shouldn't have made him available at the trade deadline. Let him go to a team that thinks he can help, get an asset back for yourself, and still be able to tank.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited November 2017
    this was an all-time rant by Francesa.
    I just listened to it.  Amazing. The guy may be retiring and coasting, but he still has it in him.

They should just release him now.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    This is like trading in your beloved Jeep Cherokee that has 200,000 miles on the odometer for a moped that has a front flat tire and is missing the headlight.  Geno fucking Smith ....
    How many games until both Geno and Webb get injured and Eli has to start again?
    I miss igotid88
    Jason P said:
    This is like trading in your beloved Jeep Cherokee that has 200,000 miles on the odometer for a moped that has a front flat tire and is missing the headlight.  Geno fucking Smith ....
    Yep. Just horrible 

They should just release him now.

I agree. Two time Super Bowl MVP. Don't make him stand on the sideline like an asshole.

unless they want to give the next coach a chance to keep him 
    I would encourage Giants season ticket holders on the Giants bench sideline to give Benny the George Bush Iraqi ultimate sign of disrespect shoe throw ...

This is getting rid of Simms for Dave Brown all over again
    I miss igotid88
    I was super pissed off when the Colts let Peyton go, but at least there was hope of having the next Peyton Manning of this generation replace him (and now Luck is dead).  But if they let Peyton go for a moldy bucket of chicken gizzards I would have been throwing fire bombs at the Colts HQ.