Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    We all can throw out stats and whatever numbers. But you have to watch the game. Its not one player. A qb can make his throws. But if the receivers can't hold on to the ball. A running back gets stopped for no gain or a loss. A defense can't get off the field quicker. Or letting teams convert 3rd downs at a high rate. Even though they're not giving up a lot of points. A lot goes to each game.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    We all can throw out stats and whatever numbers. But you have to watch the game. Its not one player.  A qb can make his throws. But if the receivers can't hold on to the ball. A running back gets stopped for no gain or a loss. A defense can't get off the field quicker. Or letting teams convert 3rd downs at a high rate. Even though they're not giving up a lot of points. A lot goes to each game.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Oh yeah I forgot to post yesterday. What was JPP doing celebrating the sack fumble when the ball was still live? Those are things I'm talking about. Lucky for him we were able to get the ball.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Another thing. Whenever it looks like the punt returner from the other team mishandles the punt. They always return it for a big gain or touchdown.  I knew he was going to run it all the way
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I wonder if they can trade Marshall and a first rounder to Cleveland for Joe Thomas. And convert Engram to a WR? They say he's more of a WR anyway. I know we need a good TE. But I think it could work
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    igotid88 said:
    We all can throw out stats and whatever numbers. But you have to watch the game. Its not one player.  A qb can make his throws. But if the receivers can't hold on to the ball. A running back gets stopped for no gain or a loss. A defense can't get off the field quicker. Or letting teams convert 3rd downs at a high rate. Even though they're not giving up a lot of points. A lot goes to each game.

So I'm clear....these excuses are just for last night and not in response to the article I posted about his career, right?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:

So I'm clear....these excuses are just for last night and not in response to the article I posted about his career, right?

career. Again I'm not saying he's perfect. Just that there's more to it. You say he's the only reason they lose and never the reason they win. He's played great in many games that they've lost. But he's always the reason they lost. Like I said swap him and Brady the last 10 years. Manning will have a better record than he does now. The fact they were able to have a good record when Brady was out due to injury or suspension proved that. They Patriots almost won with their 3rd string QB. If he didn't get injured they might have won that game 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

career. Again I'm not saying he's perfect. Just that there's more to it. You say he's the only reason they lose and never the reason they win. He's played great in many games that they've lost. But he's always the reason they lost. Like I said swap him and Brady the last 10 years. Manning will have a better record than he does now. The fact they were able to have a good record when Brady was out due to injury or suspension proved that. They Patriots almost won with their 3rd string QB. If he didn't get injured they might have won that game 

No I never said he's the only reason they lose. When have I ever said that? All I've said is he strikes no fear into me at all as a fan of one of the Giants bitter rivals and that is weird to me being that the guy is a two time super bowl winner. But I also acknowledge that he is incredibly clutch when his team needs him in the post season.

You are COMPLETELY blinded by your love of this guy and cannot look this objectively. Like not even a little bit. Some of those Pats teams were lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Some of those teams didn't have the best running games. A lot of them have had sub par receivers that Brady has made much better. The fact that you would even compare Eli to quite possibly the greatest of all time here, is mind boggling. Every team has deficiencies. Every team has strengths. Those Giants teams that won super bowls with him were carried by their defenses late into the season and into the playoffs.  

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

No I never said he's the only reason they lose. When have I ever said that? All I've said is he strikes no fear into me at all as a fan of one of the Giants bitter rivals and that is weird to me being that the guy is a two time super bowl winner. But I also acknowledge that he is incredibly clutch when his team needs him in the post season.

You are COMPLETELY blinded by your love of this guy and cannot look this objectively. Like not even a little bit. Some of those Pats teams were lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Some of those teams didn't have the best running games. A lot of them have had sub par receivers that Brady has made much better. The fact that you would even compare Eli to quite possibly the greatest of all time here, is mind boggling. Every team has deficiencies. Every team has strengths. Those Giants teams that won super bowls with him were carried by their defenses late into the season and into the playoffs.  

Do you love the Pats more than you love Mrs. Juggler?  I think it is a possibility. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Brady plays in a good system. Patriots rarely had a bad defense. And those guys still have to get open and run the correct routes and catch the ball. And how many times were they the most penalized team. And how mant times did Brady play great and they lost because the defense or special teams lost them the game. You're just reacting by how Brady has played under Belichick
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    But has Tom Brady ever beaten Eli when it counts?  I think not.  You can't be the best if you can't beat the best.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    They went 13-6? without their best Brady. You see how different Brady plays when he has defenders in his face. Now imagine him playing like that for the majority of his career. If you have a good offensive line and a decent running game. It doesn't matter if you have great receivers. Eli won 2 SBs with that. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Brady plays in a good system. Patriots rarely had a bad defense. And those guys still have to get open and run the correct routes and catch the ball. And how many times were they the most penalized team. And how mant times did Brady play great and they lost because the defense or special teams lost them the game. You're just reacting by how Brady has played under Belichick
    Brady is a system quarterback now? The fuck are you talking about? They've changed their offensive system many times over the years to adjust to their personnel. And they have had sub par defenses many times. Again--the fact that you're even comparing Eli to Brady is ridiculous and it appears you've missed the point. 

Youre making excuses for the guy's entire career. He's won two Super Bowls! Just accept the fact that he's not as good as you think and appreciate him for what he is--a largely mediocre qb who's also one of the most clutch playoff quarterbacks in the history of the game. There's nothing wrong with that. It's unique to him. I guarantee when people look back at his career, this is largely what he will be known for. 

And yes they've won games without Brady but you have no argument because Eli hasn't missed any time. Again you're making wild accusations and just assuming the Giants would suck without Eli when you really have no idea because it hasn't happened. If Eli has one advantage over most qb's in the history of the game, it's his durability, which is a huge deal....but again, even that's not enough for you it seems. Take off the blue colored glasses and just try to be objective for a little bit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Brady is DEFINITELY a system QB. Everyone who steps in for him is successful.  A big old fraud. And a turd
  • Options
    Brady is DEFINITELY a system QB. Everyone who steps in for him is successful.  A big old fraud. And a turd

haha

this is pretty ridiculous right here, eh?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

haha

F R A U D

• Options

haha

so if you had a chance to go back and have Eli as your qb the last 13 years you wouldn't take it?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

haha

so if you had a chance to go back and have Eli as your qb the last 13 years you wouldn't take it?

This is a perfect example of you completely missing my point. Of course I would take him for the last 13 years, and all his faults, if it meant even one super bowl, let alone two.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    How do you call a pitch on 3rd and inches?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    "offensive genius"?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    0-3 looks like. Our defense hasn't been as good as well.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I wanted the Giants to sign Blount. I thought we had a chance to get him
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    of course they jinx Eli with how perfect he's been so far. Marshall has to fight for that ball better
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    That should be a touchdown. He had control all the way
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    fucking bitch
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Don't know why they didn't call a QB sneak?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The only good thing is the quick throws. Because this offensive line can't stop anything 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Now Vernon is limping
    I miss igotid88