Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448

igotid88 said:
    6 things that hurt us. The interception that led to a touchdown. Not calling a timeout before the field goal attempt at the half. Marshall dropping what would have been a huge first down. Offensive line sucks again. Defense did not play well enough. And special teams giving up a touchdown on the punt return.

that's it?

if your aunt harriet had balls, she'd be your uncle harry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,292
    Wobbie said:

igotid88 said:
    6 things that hurt us. The interception that led to a touchdown. Not calling a timeout before the field goal attempt at the half. Marshall dropping what would have been a huge first down. Offensive line sucks again. Defense did not play well enough. And special teams giving up a touchdown on the punt return.

that's it?

obviously the most important was/is the offensive line. But any of those other things don't happen. We have a better shot
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

igotid88 said:

that's it?

that's how it usually works. Unless Harry always felt like Harriet all his/her life
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    love ya, igot!

hate your team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Marshall needs to get his shit together and come to play next week. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Eli with a 72% completion with a bad offensive line 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I put the over/under of the Eagles sacking Eli at 10
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    McAdoo has called out Eli a few times. Eli can take it. But it seems unfair.

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    it's funny reading tweets from people blaming Eli. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Giants probably should have taken Laremy Tunsil in the draft instead of Apple. Apple is okay but he gets beaten a lot on big plays. Doubt Jenkins would have given up that touchdown. 

Also I know it's hard to trade in the NFL. But Reese has to try to get someone for that O-line. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I know he's played C but the Giants should give Nick Mangold a try.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    It's true. So many times the receivers don't know where the marker is. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Also would like to say at that point in the game. They're lucky they got a delay of game penalty. And had to kick a fg. They were not getting a touchdown there
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,238
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I brought this up a year or two ago and you guys all ripped me. It's not a shot at the guy, it's just an accurate assessment of his career.......although, he is obviously very clutch come January. He's had an odd and very interesting career to me:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

Eli Manning Is Profoundly Mediocre

Even after Eli Manning’s 200 consecutive regular-season NFL starts, quantifying his career is difficult.

Manning is in his 14th season, and nearly every one has felt like a crossroads. Which quarterback would show up for the Giants: the one capable of winning two Super Bowl MVPs — or the one capable of leading the NFL in interceptions for three seasons?

The answer was probably somewhere in between. Manning has been reliably, and historically, mediocre.

he's had bad offensive lines for most of his career.

I can always count on you!
    Put him in New England he has more SBs and a much better record. Or at least a much better record. You need luck to win in the playoffs

read the article
    No one's saying he's the greatest QB of all time. He doesn't have speed.  So he's not going to be running every time. It would be more accurate if the QBs he's being compared to played in the exact situation. With the exact same players. The same play calls.

The last 3 or 4 years have been Eli's best years because of McAdoo's play calling. If he had McAdoo from the start. People would be singing a different tune about Eli.
    Yeah sure. Let's compare him to someone who played in the exact same situations with the exact same players and the exact same play calls. 

Dude. Listen to yourself. You're incapable of having an objective discussion about this guy. Always have been. 
    there are a lot of factors that go into it. Receivers catching/dropping balls. Running backs making plays. Defenses playing well. Tipped passes getting intercepted or falling on the floor. 
    Are you his agent?
    No. Just watched a lot of the games. Are you blaming Eli for tonight's game? 
    Ha, no....I didn't even get to watch most of the game. I'm talking about his career. You're funny.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017

igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I brought this up a year or two ago and you guys all ripped me. It's not a shot at the guy, it's just an accurate assessment of his career.......although, he is obviously very clutch come January. He's had an odd and very interesting career to me:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

Eli Manning Is Profoundly Mediocre

Even after Eli Manning’s 200 consecutive regular-season NFL starts, quantifying his career is difficult.

Manning is in his 14th season, and nearly every one has felt like a crossroads. Which quarterback would show up for the Giants: the one capable of winning two Super Bowl MVPs — or the one capable of leading the NFL in interceptions for three seasons?

The answer was probably somewhere in between. Manning has been reliably, and historically, mediocre.

he's had bad offensive lines for most of his career.

I can always count on you!
    Put him in New England he has more SBs and a much better record. Or at least a much better record. You need luck to win in the playoffs

read the article
    No one's saying he's the greatest QB of all time. He doesn't have speed.  So he's not going to be running every time. It would be more accurate if the QBs he's being compared to played in the exact situation. With the exact same players. The same play calls.

The last 3 or 4 years have been Eli's best years because of McAdoo's play calling. If he had McAdoo from the start. People would be singing a different tune about Eli.
    Yeah sure. Let's compare him to someone who played in the exact same situations with the exact same players and the exact same play calls. 

Dude. Listen to yourself. You're incapable of having an objective discussion about this guy. Always have been. 
    there are a lot of factors that go into it. Receivers catching/dropping balls. Running backs making plays. Defenses playing well. Tipped passes getting intercepted or falling on the floor. 
    Are you his agent?
    If Eli is your team's quarterback in the Super Bowl against the Pats. You guys would have won.
    Yeah!

If Eli was the losing team's quarterbacks in the last 10 Super Bowls instead of their actual quarterbacks......those teams would be 10-0 in Super Bowls! 

All hail Eli Manning!

(and thanks for replying to that post twice)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Dammit Giants, you let Detroit win a road MNF game!
    Oh well, at least Lions have only won 1 playoff game since 1957. 
    1 Game!  
    (Only made the Playoffs 12 times in modern era and are 1-11.)
    Ever since the Red Sux won the World Series, hating on the Lions is a favorite hobby of mine.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dammit Giants, you let Detroit win a road MNF game!
    Oh well, at least Lions have only won 1 playoff game since 1957. 
    1 Game!  
    (Only made the Playoffs 12 times in modern era and are 1-11.)
    Ever since the Red Sux won the World Series, hating on the Lions is a favorite hobby of mine.

The Giants on MNF don't have a good record. Whenever I see a MNF or SNF game on the schedule. I put it down as a loss.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The only reason I can see McAdoo being harsh on Eli is so that the other guys can see if he can be like this with a 2x SB MVP and future HOF. I need to step my game up.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    The only reason I can see McAdoo being harsh on Eli is so that the other guys can see if he can be like this with a largely mediocre, albeit incredibly clutch qb in January. I need to step my game up.
    fixed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    The only reason I can see McAdoo being harsh on Eli is so that the other guys can see if he can be like this with a largely mediocre, albeit incredibly clutch qb in January. I need to step my game up.
    fixed.
    wrong
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    72.9% completion with an awful o-line and no running game. Receivers dropping passes. Running routes short of the first line marker. Yet it's all Ell.

How did Dak look with Elliott not being able to run? How has Russell looked? Couldn't score against a bad San Francisco team. But they get a pass. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    72.9% completion with an awful o-line and no running game. Receivers dropping passes. Running routes short of the first line marker. Yet it's all Ell.

How did Dak look with Elliott not being able to run? How has Russell looked? Couldn't score against a bad San Francisco team. But they get a pass. 

They're getting a pass?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    For the record, I thought Eli played just fine last night too.  Dallas was not his best game, but outside of a couple things that would happen to pretty much any QB, there wasn't much more he could do last night.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    igotid88 said:

They're getting a pass?
    Too few of them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,835
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......