Options

if you were running the Toronto Maple Leafs...

ThecureThecure Posts: 814
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
what would you do?

would you trade anyone?

Fire everyone?
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I'd crash the plane on the way to Florida.

Seriously though, most people will agree that JFJ has to go.
  • Options
    if i were running the toronto maple leafs?????

i would be....
    smoking dope...
    snortin lines....
    and bangin hookers!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i would look to get a new job ;)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Disband the team ....burn any and all memorabilia related to the Laughs .....and issue a public apology to all hockey fans particularly those in the rest of Canada for subjecting them to that vile scourge know as the Leaf / Laugh Nation!!! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    wait... someone's actually running that team???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    wait...the hockey strike is over?
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    The Leafs have not had a "Top 30 Defenceman in the League" since Borje Salming. Stanley Cup contenders always have 2 or 3 such players on their team. Kaberle is bad. Everyone else on the Leaf's D is worse.
  • Options
    Here are the decision makers in Toronto for the Laffs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3gc96BYHUbY

They let their team get old and slow and didn't spend money wisely

Can you forfeit the rest of the season ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Derrick wrote:
    The Leafs have not had a "Top 30 Defenceman in the League" since Borje Salming. Stanley Cup contenders always have 2 or 3 such players on their team. Kaberle is bad. Everyone else on the Leaf's D is worse.

Didn't Brian Leetch spend a season in a Leafs uniform?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Didn't Brian Leetch spend a season in a Leafs uniform?

What was he 100 at that time ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Leetch was post-injury and near retirement and not in the top 30 when he played for the Leafs. Just like Lindros last year on the offence...no where near the top 30 in the league for forwards. But he used to be the number one power forward in the league.
  • Options
    Derrick wrote:
    Leetch was post-injury and near retirement and not in the top 30 when he played for the Leafs. Just like Lindros last year on the offence...no where near the top 30 in the league for forwards. But he used to be the number one power forward in the league.

It was still Brian Leetch :P
    Does Kaberle not rank within the top 30 defensemen in the league?
    I bet MacCabe did when he signed a 7 year no-trade contract!
  • Options
    Kaberle is bad, especially in the Leaf's zone. His instincts are terrible. McCabe is not worth 1/3 of his contract. Someone forgot to run a background check on that decision.
  • Options
    Derrick wrote:
    Kaberle is bad, especially in the Leaf's zone. His instincts are terrible. McCabe is not worth 1/3 of his contract. Someone forgot to run a background check on that decision.

Be that as it may, I think Kaberle has a pretty high value in the league.
    McCabe is definitely taking a Samsonov type shit-kicking though.
  • Options
    so right now you can't trade mccabe and Sundin without their permission.

you have a slow defense and not alot of skilled players. firing the GM and Coach won't solve that.

who would you trade or let go of your players?

the Gm has done one good thing and that is set up a scouting staff that was never there. how many years do you think Toronto will have to suck to get a decent team that goal is to win the cup not just make the playoffs.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    trade the entire team for henrik lundqvist.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    you trade what you can, release what you can, and get enough prospects to play now and fill any gaps with players from the Marlies.

This team is so profitable, they could eat every overpaid contract on this team right now, and still be profitable. The salary cap is 50 million, give or take, they probably post a 100 million profit yearly. I agree that it doesn't matter who the GM is, but I think just for trading Raask for Raycroft, and then giving him 2 extra years, on top of the 1 year on his contract that the Leafs could have evaluated, and then, doing it again with Toskala, is grounds for Ferguson's firing.

If the Leafs didn't like what Raycroft brought to the team last year, he would have been unrestricted this past summer, but instead, he's locked into 2 more years. If the Leafs didn't like what Toskala brought to the team this year, he would be unrestricted this summer. Instead, he's signed for 2 more years after this. One mistake at this level is understandable, but repeating it the next year, is grounds for firing.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    you trade what you can, release what you can, and get enough prospects to play now and fill any gaps with players from the Marlies.

This team is so profitable, they could eat every overpaid contract on this team right now, and still be profitable. The salary cap is 50 million, give or take, they probably post a 100 million profit yearly. I agree that it doesn't matter who the GM is, but I think just for trading Raask for Raycroft, and then giving him 2 extra years, on top of the 1 year on his contract that the Leafs could have evaluated, and then, doing it again with Toskala, is grounds for Ferguson's firing.

If the Leafs didn't like what Raycroft brought to the team last year, he would have been unrestricted this past summer, but instead, he's locked into 2 more years. If the Leafs didn't like what Toskala brought to the team this year, he would be unrestricted this summer. Instead, he's signed for 2 more years after this. One mistake at this level is understandable, but repeating it the next year, is grounds for firing.

i agree with you but when do you fire ferguson? Now or the end of the season? who do you replace him with?

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Thecure wrote:
    i agree with you but when do you fire ferguson? Now or the end of the season? who do you replace him with?

I think that if you are going to make changes, get rid of him now. If you are going to continue with this mediocre team, then fire him at the end of the season, and look for a new GM then.

Right now, you could hire Neil Smith or Craig Button. Smith laid the foundation for 1994 with the Rangers, and Button for the 2004 Flames. I'm sure there is some other candidates. Maybe pull a Stars trick and appoint Healey or Gilmour.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2