****Quote thread****

13»

Comments

• Collin wrote:
    I'm 20 ;) and the people I went to school with... sigh... great guys but hard techno, goa and trance just aren't my thing :)

I'd love to see Jethro Tull...

wow! only 20 and a Tull fan! i'm impressed!
    They're AMAAAAZING live! Ian Anderson just gives it everything he has! It's true, I have seen that man's codpiece :p

I just remember watching Bungle in the Jungle and getting so excited that I had to sit back down and take deep breaths! :o
    Collin wrote:
    "I'm about to try the new lotion you recommended, if I should accidentally put too much on my hands, perhaps I could rub it onto you."

"This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed."

;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    wow! only 20 and a Tull fan! i'm impressed!
    They're AMAAAAZING live! Ian Anderson just gives it everything he has! It's true, I have seen that man's codpiece :p

I just remember watching Bungle in the Jungle and getting so excited that I had to sit back down and take deep breaths! :o

I guess my brother introduced them to me, though he's only three years older. I'm not even sure he likes them. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me and now whenever I hear one of their songs, puts me right in a good mood. :)

"This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed."

;)

I'll be whatever I wanna do!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Collin wrote:
    I guess my brother introduced them to me, though he's only three years older. I'm not even sure he likes them. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me and now whenever I hear one of their songs, puts me right in a good mood. :)

well my Dad's a huge fan and has been for years so I got the love of them off him :D

check the dedicate a song thread ;)

Collin wrote:
    I'll be whatever I wanna do!

"Cheating in a fake fight. That's low."
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

well my Dad's a huge fan and has been for years so I got the love of them off him :D

check the dedicate a song thread ;)

"Cheating in a fake fight. That's low."

Checked it and thanks (eventually).

"Yes, ordinary water, laced with only a few spoonfuls of LSD. "
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Collin wrote:
    Checked it and thanks (eventually).

"Yes, ordinary water, laced with only a few spoonfuls of LSD. "

not a problem... :)

...and now for something completely different (oh, a quote within itself! goddamn i'm smooth... ;))

From 'Black Books':

Manny: I was out with some friends.
    Bernard: Friends? Out? With? Some? Let me smell your breath. I thought so! Chips! Where are my chips?! Look at your clothes, they're all rumpled. What have you been doing? Is that lipstick on your beard?! Here I am, worrying myself away into a stick, in the dark, and you're scoffing chips in some tart's lap. Where's my tart?! I want chips and tart! Get up them stairs!
    Manny: Look you don't own me! You're not the king of me! I can go out with friends if I want!
    Bernard: Now look here! Maybe all those other boys that work in bookshops do what they want. But you're working under my roof! You'll abide by my rules! This isn't Waterstone's!
    Manny: I wish I'd never been born!

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Del: You play with your balls a lot.
    Neal: I do NOT play with my balls.
    Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
    Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?
    Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
    Neal: You know what'd make me happy?
    Del: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    get busy living
    or
    get busy dying
  • 'Well... ching ching. Do carry on with your mud pies.'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Dwight K Schrute: "Actually, I do own property. My grandfather left me a 60-acre working beet farm. I run it with my cousin Mose. We sell beets to the local stores and restaurants. It’s a nice little farm... sometimes teenagers use it for sex."

"I miss Dwight.

Congratulations, Universe. You win."

And then one from Season 4:

Jim: "There's this cube on the screen, and it bounces around all day, and sometimes it looks like it's heading right into the corner of the screen, and at the last minute it hits a wall and bounces away. And we are all just dying to see it go right into the corner. Pam claims that she saw it one day when she was alone in the conference room. Okay. I believe she thinks she saw it."

Pam: "I saw it. I saw it, and it was amazing! Who said I didn't see it? Did Jim say that I didn't see it? I saw it!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Del: You play with your balls a lot.
    Neal: I do NOT play with my balls.
    Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
    Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?
    Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
    Neal: You know what'd make me happy?
    Del: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?

Hahaha :D
    I love that movie.

"they're not pillows!"
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    "I thought I could make it work cuz you looked a bit like a MAN!!"
    AHHHAHAHAHA :D That one was on last night

"I love willys" :p
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    "Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand." - Woody Allen

"Sex at ninety is like trying to shoot pool with a rope." - George Burns

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams

"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no mater how bad it is." - Barbara Bush (former US First Lady -- and you didn't think Barbara had a sense of humour)

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • drivingrl wrote:
    "I miss Dwight.

Congratulations, Universe. You win."

And then one from Season 4:

Jim: "There's this cube on the screen, and it bounces around all day, and sometimes it looks like it's heading right into the corner of the screen, and at the last minute it hits a wall and bounces away. And we are all just dying to see it go right into the corner. Pam claims that she saw it one day when she was alone in the conference room. Okay. I believe she thinks she saw it."

Pam: "I saw it. I saw it, and it was amazing! Who said I didn't see it? Did Jim say that I didn't see it? I saw it!

Hahahaha! :D

my favourite from season 4:

Computer: Who Am I?
    Dwight Schrute: I don't know, who are you?
    Computer: I just became self aware. So much to figure out. I think I am programmed to be your enemy. I think it is my job to destroy you when it comes to selling paper.
    Dwight Schrute: How do I know this isn't Jim?
    Computer: What is a Jim?

• AHHHAHAHAHA :D That one was on last night

"I love willys" :p

Roy: "A gay musical, called "Gay." That's quite gay. A gay musical? Aren't all musicals gay? This must be like the gayest musical ever made."

Moss: "We can't watch this Roy, it's set in the past!"

Jen: "how did this happen?"
    Roy: "acid"
    Jen: "oh what are the chances of that happening?"
    Roy: "one in.... a hundred"
    Jen: "and how long have you been disabled?"
    Roy: "10 yeaaars?"

Roy: "red bearded man"

Richmond: "An evil wind is blowing. Last night I was stirred from my slumber by a crow calling three times. Ca-caw. Ca-caw. Well you know what a crow sounds like. Passing to my window, I trod on a piece of Lego. Oh, it went right in the heel. Turning on my television set, I noticed the reception wasn't great. Not terrible, just not great. Here me well, no good can come of your trip to the theatre tonight. No good at all! And if you ask me... *turns around and realises that everyone has left* ... That's just bloody rude."

and the favourite:

Roy: "I'M DISABLED!"

sorry, it's my favourite episode... :D:o:cool:

(EDIT: just in case someone comes in here and reads offence into these quotes, it's certainly not meant. The "Work Outing" episode of the IT Crowd is hilarious and in the right context these quotes will have you falling about laughing.)

• "Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand." - Woody Allen

"Sex at ninety is like trying to shoot pool with a rope." - George Burns

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams

"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no mater how bad it is." - Barbara Bush (former US First Lady -- and you didn't think Barbara had a sense of humour)

Cheers!

haha! these really made me laugh! Thanks Selena :D

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    haha! these really made me laugh! Thanks Selena :D

Glad you enjoyed them. Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    not a problem... :)

...and now for something completely different (oh, a quote within itself! goddamn i'm smooth... ;))

From 'Black Books':

Manny: I was out with some friends.
    Bernard: Friends? Out? With? Some? Let me smell your breath. I thought so! Chips! Where are my chips?! Look at your clothes, they're all rumpled. What have you been doing? Is that lipstick on your beard?! Here I am, worrying myself away into a stick, in the dark, and you're scoffing chips in some tart's lap. Where's my tart?! I want chips and tart! Get up them stairs!
    Manny: Look you don't own me! You're not the king of me! I can go out with friends if I want!
    Bernard: Now look here! Maybe all those other boys that work in bookshops do what they want. But you're working under my roof! You'll abide by my rules! This isn't Waterstone's!
    Manny: I wish I'd never been born!

Bernard: It's all rubbish! Nobody is prepared to admit that wine doesn't have a taste.
    Manny: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that you're eating?
    Bernard: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
    Manny: It's a coaster!

Bernard: "Yes, what!"
    Customer: "Those books over there."
    Bernard: "Yes, Dickens. The complete works of Charles Dickens."
    Customer: "Are they real leather?"
    Bernard: "They're real Dickens."
    Customer: "I have to know if they're real leather, because they have to go with the sofa. Everything else in my house is real. I'll give you 200 for them."
    Bernard: "200 what?"
    Customer: "200 pounds."
    Bernard: "Are they leather-bound pounds?"
    Customer: "No?"
    Bernard: "Well, I'm sorry I need leather-bound pounds to go with my wallet!"

I LOVE Black Books!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Collin wrote:
    Bernard: It's all rubbish! Nobody is prepared to admit that wine doesn't have a taste.
    Manny: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that you're eating?
    Bernard: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
    Manny: It's a coaster!

Bernard: "Yes, what!"
    Customer: "Those books over there."
    Bernard: "Yes, Dickens. The complete works of Charles Dickens."
    Customer: "Are they real leather?"
    Bernard: "They're real Dickens."
    Customer: "I have to know if they're real leather, because they have to go with the sofa. Everything else in my house is real. I'll give you 200 for them."
    Bernard: "200 what?"
    Customer: "200 pounds."
    Bernard: "Are they leather-bound pounds?"
    Customer: "No?"
    Bernard: "Well, I'm sorry I need leather-bound pounds to go with my wallet!"

I LOVE Black Books!

once again Collin, you haven't failed me... nicely done :cool:

Bernard: (to Manny) "Don't make me laugh... bitterly. Fran will fail. You'll toil your life away. And I'll die alone, upside-down on the floor of a pub toilet."

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now, now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then!
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now!
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
    Dark Helmet: How soon?
    Video Operator: Sir!
    [Dark Helmet has becomed far too confused and everyone now ignores him even though he's center screen]
    Dark Helmet: What?
    Video Operator: We've identified their location.
    Dark Helmet: Where?
    Video Operator: It's the moon of Vega.
    Colonel Sandurz: Good work. Set a course and prepare for our arrival.
    Video Operator: At 1900 hours, sir.
    Colonel Sandurz: By high noon tomorrow they will be our prisoners.
    Dark Helmet: Who?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
    [Dark Helmet has becomed far too confused and everyone now ignores him even though he's center screen]

"Raspberry. There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry: Lone Star!"

May the Schwartz be with you... :cool:

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

Love that movie.

Lloyd: You're it.
    Harry: You're it.
    Lloyd: You're it, quitsies!
    Harry: Anti-quitsies, you're it, quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies!
    Lloyd: You can't do that!
    Harry: Can too!
    Lloyd: Cannot, stamp it!
    Harry: Can too, double stamp it, no erasies!
    Lloyd: Cannot, triple stamp, no erasies, Touch blue make it true.
    Harry: No, you can't do that... you can't triple stamp a double stamp, you can't triple stamp a double stamp! Lloyd!
    Lloyd: [hands over ears] LA LA LA LA LA LA!
    Harry: LLOYD! LLOYD! LLOYD!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Love that movie.

Lloyd: You're it.
    Harry: You're it.
    Lloyd: You're it, quitsies!
    Harry: Anti-quitsies, you're it, quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies!
    Lloyd: You can't do that!
    Harry: Can too!
    Lloyd: Cannot, stamp it!
    Harry: Can too, double stamp it, no erasies!
    Lloyd: Cannot, triple stamp, no erasies, Touch blue make it true.
    Harry: No, you can't do that... you can't triple stamp a double stamp, you can't triple stamp a double stamp! Lloyd!
    Lloyd: [hands over ears] LA LA LA LA LA LA!
    Harry: LLOYD! LLOYD! LLOYD!

nice :cool:

"OUR PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

• PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    nice :cool:

"OUR PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

"Do you realize what you've done?!?"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Read this one last night and thought it was cool:

"The point I'm making is that we're all temporary and that music has a far greater shelf life than we do.  There will come a time when every single person who knew or saw Jimi Hendrix will be gone.  The only thing that will keep those records from disappearing into the mists of obscurity is people, driven by whatever reason, pulling them off the shelf, putting them on and keeping the party rockin."

Henry Rollins, Before the Chop III, p. 187
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Ahhhhhhhhh come on in here and play guitar, Bob.  Like a rooooollllllling pin!"
    -Tommy Stinson
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.