Options

Funny names

Comments

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I remember once we hired this women and her name was "bear" it wasn't really her name but she used it professionally which I thought was odd. Plus she wasn't a small woman :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    there's a psychiatric doctor at a hospital near here named Dr. Odetojoy... and i shit you not, the other doctors name is Dr. Sadd...
    what are the chances!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Miller Lyte
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    my mother is a teacher and there are some really fuckin weird names out there...

she once had fraternal twins named Male and Female (pronounced Malay and Fuhmalay)

she's also taught a kid named Tonadula (that's how it's pronounced, but it's spelled differently as she said it's got an h, a j, and a couple of apostrophes in the spelling)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Earlier this year I went into a donut shop for some coffee and this Middle Eastern young miss had a name of Hava Beer.

I asked is that your real name she said yes and do you get that questiion alot and again she said yes.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    you are wrote:
    nashville? i'm in nashville. i think i've heard of this doctor.

If I remember correctly, he was out by the airport/Harding Road area. I just remember seeing the sign.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    A Law Firm I had to call named Goates & Beavers!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    I have a friend who's last name is Pepper and her dad is a doctor. Tehehe!!!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    A Law Firm I had to call named Goates & Beavers!!!

lol...that's funny. :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Miller Lyte

Haha, that reminds me... my friend had a dog named Bud who died of old age, so they got a puppy and named him Bud Light
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Miller Lyte

I heard that on the nws last night...Mcconaughy's brother, or something (spelling was off, I know)

I was checking the Irish Sports pages the other day (The obituaries) and saw one for a fellow named Krapp. And he was a teacher.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I have a colleague named Ufuk..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    there was this women who worked at one of the facilities my job works with and her last name was Swetits...lol
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    There was a teacher in my school named Mrs. Butts.....

get this though... her husband's name... is Harry.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Cosmo wrote:
    There is a dentist named Dr. Payne.

I once saw an ad for a dentist named Dr. Ow and also I often have to send letters to a Dr. P. Innes...

There are some cool last names out there: Lipshictz, Hindlicher, Shirtstobetov....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    I had a music teacher in school called Mrs C Sharp (think her first name was Carol)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    A friend of mine from back home was friends with a couple whose last name is Cox (band enough on its own :p) and when they had a baby and she told me the name I said "are you kidding me??? Isaac?" :eek: and she thought for a minute and was like "OMG". Seriously nothing wrong with the name Isaac but what an unfortunate combo. They should have just called him "kick me"

I saw a birth announcement for a Heaven Lee once... jaysus..
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    on Oxford St. W in London, Ontario around Cherryhill Mall is a chyropractor or dentist named Cumming Cockburn

dead serious
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    on Oxford St. W in London, Ontario around Cherryhill Mall is a chyropractor or dentist named Cumming Cockburn

dead serious

I don't think I would want to see that dentist :eek: LOL is it Cumming-Cockburn or is Cumming their first name because that is unfortunate if so.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I personally think Phil Lesh is kind of a funny name.

Flesh??

Got Phil on the brain. Phil and friends tomorrow at Jones Beach.

Not that I'm going. This years concerts are 98% dedicated to PJ and it's subsidiaries. ;)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    How about Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii . . .

or . . . Number 16 Bus Shelter or Midnight Chardonnay or Violence

or . . . two pairs of twins that were called Benson and Hedges and Fish and Chips.

or . . . the children from one family that were all named after six-cylinder Ford cars
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Precious Dykes
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    There's a local dentist named Dr. Hurt. I like that he addresses this on his billboards. His slogan is, "It's a name, not an intention."
  • Options
    not really a strange name, but i used to work with a woman called snow white. thing is, she was probably the darkest black person i've ever seen in my life.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

dead serious

omg..that is too funny :D
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I don't think I would want to see that dentist :eek: LOL is it Cumming-Cockburn or is Cumming their first name because that is unfortunate if so.

lol, no it's his first name

Dr. Cumming Cockburn

I should drive by the next time I'm in London and see if his office is still there, and if so, take a picture for you guys to see
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    how about miroslav Satan of the pittsburgh penguins?
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8459534&service=page

he should be playing in NJ Devils.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    lol, no it's his first name

Dr. Cumming Cockburn

I should drive by the next time I'm in London and see if his office is still there, and if so, take a picture for you guys to see

You must!! A friend took his pic in front of the Dildo post office in NFLD for me since I missed it my last trip there.
  • Options
    totaledheadtotaledhead Posts: 197
    There was a man who owned a shop near where I grew up and his name (which was also the name of his store) was Manus McManus. One day I passed his shop to find that someone had stolen two of the "M"s and it became "Anus McAnus" :D
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    italian basketball player Gregor Fucka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Fucka

hey Fucka!!!! hehe :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...