Brady says winning is not enough

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Tom Brady says he wants to blow the other teams out... that just beating them is NOT enough. " We want to kill them..."

So all you people arguing with me in the other thread that said the Pats weren't running the score up

...you can now apologize:D

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    3 Super Bowl rings give you the rights to be classless.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Living in Boston makes you classless....hehehehe
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
    Living in Boston makes you classless....hehehehe
    all you sports junkies are jealous.

Wow, just imagine...a SB win & a Finals series for Boston & New England would cap off a historical champion run in 1 sports season in a great sports region.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    that's the attitude i would like for my teams qb to have hell yeah destroy the other teams ,gotta love that passion and no i'm not a pats fan at all but i like to admire a well run machine that is the pats ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    I have a feeling that Brady is juicing now...
    Jw
  • thats the point of the game...

score more points than the other team and score as many as possible. who cares if you are running up the score. if they can't stop you, who's fault is that?
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    thats the point of the game...

score more points than the other team and score as many as possible. who cares if you are running up the score. if they can't stop you, who's fault is that?

In baseball, that's how guys get a fastball in the ear.
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I have a feeling that Brady is juicing now...
    Jw
    he definitely got
    some Pimp Juice in him.
  • Running up the score is total BS! Stop Whining! If you don't want your team to get blown out play BETTER!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    he said it, that is a fact, soundbites are nice to jump all over, but listen to the WHOLE interview...

http://media.weei.podzinger.com/archive/DennisAndCallahan/2007-11-20_Tom_Brady.mp3
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    thats the point of the game...

Couldnt agree more. Dont like? Stop them. Indy did a GREAT job for the most part and fell just short. They had them beat for 59 min and outplayed them imho. Teams should look at that film and do what they did. Otherwise, you geat what you deserve.

I also think that they trying to prove to everyone that the whole "spygate" thing means nothing. We'll score on you all day, and we dont need a tape to do it. I am gonna throw it all day, I am telling you I am going to throw it all day and here is who I am throwing it to. Now stop us!

As for the fastball to the ear, you are right, but I think baseball has more tradition.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • I am not American, I do not understand the NFL's unspoken rules but if I was paying good $$$ to see the game I would rather see the team play out the game instead on taking a knee to run out the clock, If you can not stop them from scoring do not cry get mad and stop them from scoring I know that It would piss me off more to see someone dance around like a little school kid when they score or make a tackle then it would to be beaten 50-0
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    I am not American, I do not understand the NFL's unspoken rules but if I was paying good $$$ to see the game I would rather see the team play out the game instead on taking a knee to run out the clock, If you can not stop them from scoring do not cry get mad and stop them from scoring I know that It would piss me off more to see someone dance around like a little school kid when they score or make a tackle then it would to be beaten 50-0

Hmmm, I'd equate it to winning 5-0 in the 86th minute, and pulling the keeper to put in another striker. Don't you think if that happened in a Euro football match....the extra striker might wanna to watch himself?

I think the players should police stuff like this. I don't mind running up the score really, but just watch yourself if you do. In baseball, if someone gets out of line, someone is going to get plunked while at the plate.
  • sennin wrote:
    Hmmm, I'd equate it to winning 5-0 in the 86th minute, and pulling the keeper to put in another striker. Don't you think if that happened in a Euro football match....the extra striker might wanna to watch himself?

How is Brady playing to his potencal the same as Pulling the gollie with the lead??

When Tiger Woods was playing a few years ago and would win by 10+ strokes was he running up the score or should he have let his caddy hit a few??

I am not trying to be a prick I am just trying to understand, when I played sports we were tought to play our best.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    sennin wrote:
    ...In baseball, if someone gets out of line, someone is going to get plunked while at the plate.
    baseball pitchers arent paid to throw beanballs.

the Pats are just doing what they're paid to do.

the Knicks players are overpaid & they still suck.

You cant get paid million to suck!
  • My point with the thread was

I have been saying NE is running up the score, but several NE fans here said they weren't. Well "why shouldn't they go for it on 4th down with a 40 point lead late in the game...what are they supposed to do ...take a knee???" :confused:

So the next thread was about Brady getting hurt but several people here didn't understand why anyone would hurt good ol' Tom.

Now Tom admits they are running up the score, which everyone knows they are because they are good enough to do so.

The deal is ...instead of protecting a 30+ point lead late in the game, NE will still throw 40 yard passes and go for it on 4th down, instead of playing ball control offense like most good teams will do.

Now I'm not saying anyone should quit playing, take a knee or whatever. And I'm not saying that being good enough to score 45+ points per game is bad.

What I am saying is this... they're gonna get fucked...and when they get fucked it'll be a real hard fuckin...one w/o vaseline...one with torn tissue.

That's what I'm sayin
    the Minions
  • The deal is ...instead of protecting a 30+ point lead late in the game, NE will still throw 40 yard passes and go for it on 4th down, instead of playing ball control offense like most good teams will do.
    thats what puts us in a league of our own. we're not good, we're great. we play to win and since thats a gurantee everytime we walk on the field, we want to prove that nothing can stop us!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    the Pats are fearless right now and if you feels the need to play dirty or injure Brady because it's your only chance, how heartless & classless would you be? that's why I dont think anyone would try a dirty play. I'd take pride in winning fairly.
    the entire Spygate is a major factor. as a Pats fan, if they dont win the SuperBowl I think their 3 rings are abit suspicious.
    eventhough i dont think Spygate help in a game. but others think otherwise.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    thats what puts us in a league of our own. we're not good, we're great. we play to win and since thats a gurantee everytime we walk on the field, we want to prove that nothing can stop us!

we? what team do you play for?
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    My point with the thread was

I have been saying NE is running up the score, but several NE fans here said they weren't. Well "why shouldn't they go for it on 4th down with a 40 point lead late in the game...what are they supposed to do ...take a knee???" :confused:

So the next thread was about Brady getting hurt but several people here didn't understand why anyone would hurt good ol' Tom.

Now Tom admits they are running up the score, which everyone knows they are because they are good enough to do so.

The deal is ...instead of protecting a 30+ point lead late in the game, NE will still throw 40 yard passes and go for it on 4th down, instead of playing ball control offense like most good teams will do.

Now I'm not saying anyone should quit playing, take a knee or whatever. And I'm not saying that being good enough to score 45+ points per game is bad.

What I am saying is this... they're gonna get fucked...and when they get fucked it'll be a real hard fuckin...one w/o vaseline...one with torn tissue.

That's what I'm sayin

i'm not sure why you are 110% sold on an opposing player doing something stupid like purposely trying to injure a patriot player.

any player on any team can get hurt at any moment in any sport. it is really that simple (to me at least). did anyone think milton bradley was going to tear his knee up by tripping while being held back by his manager to try to stop him arguing with the ump? did anyone think that tony allen was going to blow his knee out dunking the ball (stupidly) after the whistle blew for a foul? i could go on and on and on. it doesn't even have to take place on the field. how many players hurt themselves at their own homes?

regardless, if you listen to the very long interview, brady makes a lot of good points. he's never played with moss, welker, stallworth, etc so he is working on building a relationship with each of them on the field for different situations - putting stuff in the memory bank in case a similar situation comes up in a later week.

and as much as anyone wants to hate on the guy or the team, you have to admire the singular focus of both him and the organization. team ahead of individual. winning a championship is the main goal. 10-0? who cares? the pats are just looking ahead to week 11 and when that one is done there will be a game played in week 12 and so on. if at the end of the season they are in the playoffs, it is just one game a time until there are no more games to be played in the 2007 season. personal goals? who cares? brady and every other player in the locker room wants to win a championship as a team. they want to have the best tam offense. they want to have the best team defense. they want to have the best team special teams.
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    Living in Boston makes you classless....hehehehe

All These ppl who would Love to Injure Tom Brady
    because they are jealous, have LOTS of class!!!????
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    This is how I feel...

-Brady is a little bitch
    -Nobody should intentionally hurt anyone but...
    -If he gets his ass knocked out, I won't be upset.
  • brainofjb wrote:
    All These ppl who would Love to Injure Tom Brady
    because they are jealous, have LOTS of class!!!????

AMEN.

I think it is so funny that people actually think "They beat us, I must hurt them." Any player seen intentionally injuring another player should be banned from the league. A concept an idiot like David Stern or Bud Selig will never get, but Roger Goodell would hopefully send a message.

There is no such thing as running up the score. If you can't keep up with them, you shouldn't be there. Belichick's reasoning for putting Brady back in the game a few weeks ago was smart. Comebacks often happen when the team with the lead gives up. Play at 100% til the clock reads zero.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Tom Brady says he wants to blow the other teams out... that just beating them is NOT enough. " We want to kill them..."

So all you people arguing with me in the other thread that said the Pats weren't running the score up

...you can now apologize:D

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!

pointless thread of the week, if you cant figure out the differential in the wins,

then you have no business posting.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Couldnt agree more. Dont like? Stop them. Indy did a GREAT job for the most part and fell just short. They had them beat for 59 min and outplayed them imho.
    what game were you watching, watch the last 8 minutes

it was interesting bill b didnt want to get in a shoot out by calling a conservative game

IF THE colts get back to NE
    it will be different

pats o played down to indy for 52 minutes.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    sennin wrote:
    In baseball, that's how guys get a fastball in the ear.

You get a fastball in the ear for showboating. Not for the other teams pitching to be down the middle like batting practice for a couple of innings.

Good for Brady and the Pats. If you can't stop em, spend the money next year and build a team that can. The Pats figured out that Brady tossing to nobodys who caught the ball with their masks and shoulder pads didn't cut it last year. They fixed that problem and are showing the league how well it worked.

Does it really matter if you are up by thirty on the other teams 15, have driven 60 yrds down the field and now face a 4th and 2 and you go for it instead of kicking the field goal? Either way you are running the score up.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Did you hear what Troy Aikman said in the Packers-Lions game. It was 4th and goal or somewhere below the 20. And I think Joe Buck said something like now they have to kick a field goal. And Aikman said or they could do like New England and go for it. The score at that point was 31-7 in the 3rd quarter.
    I miss igotid88
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    even flow? wrote:
    You get a fastball in the ear for showboating. Not for the other teams pitching to be down the middle like batting practice for a couple of innings.

Good for Brady and the Pats. If you can't stop em, spend the money next year and build a team that can. The Pats figured out that Brady tossing to nobodys who caught the ball with their masks and shoulder pads didn't cut it last year. They fixed that problem and are showing the league how well it worked.

Does it really matter if you are up by thirty on the other teams 15, have driven 60 yrds down the field and now face a 4th and 2 and you go for it instead of kicking the field goal? Either way you are running the score up.

Yes, however it appears according to ST rules the Patriots must be reluctant and tasteful in whichever decision the Patriots make. To be a great team with class they MUST consider the other teams feelings. :D This is foootball American style, figure out how to stop them. They can't worry about the repercussions down the road, teams play to win plain and simple and if they crush the other teams so be it, then STOP THEM please.

There's a song by a Heavy Metal band Prong that puts this all in perspective called "Contradictions"

Time for double standards
    Now who shall be blamed
    With the change of weather
    Scapegoats are acclaimed
    Acts of no reason: populous response
    Opinions are like assholes
    Everyone's one

All these contradictions
    Are bound to confuse
    What wrong will you choose?

Can I ask a question?
    Or am I out of line
    Some more lip service
    Will smooth it out nice

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• NOCODE#1 wrote:
    pointless thread of the week, if you cant figure out the differential in the wins,

then you have no business posting.

I can't figure out what you are saying either.

boop boop poo poo
    the Minions