Options

New England Patriots

boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
edited February 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I think it was a conspiracy that I was in Europe for 2 weeks and missed the Super Bowl so that Patriot fans wouldn't be able to hear my ear piercing laughter when they got punked by the Giants. I just watched the game on Tivo.

Nice sportsmanship Belicheat, walking off the field with time still on the clock. Way to show some class. Couldn't have happened to a nicer turd.
one foot in the door
the other foot in the gutter
sweet smell that they adore
I think I'd rather smother
-The Replacements-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    cough cough
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cough cough

Hey Ny PJ1, how bad was your hangover on Monday?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Hey Ny PJ1, how bad was your hangover on Monday?

after the choke.... i mean superbowl? lol

not to bad , i was alittle under the weather to begin with

but we had an awesome night :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    after the choke.... i mean superbowl? lol

not to bad , i was alittle under the weather to begin with

but we had an awesome night :)

you shouldn't call it a choke. two reasons

1) it wasn't a choke because it was a well played game that the Pats were in position to win in the closing minutes

2) calling it a choke discredits your Giants
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

1) it wasn't a choke because it was a well played game that the Pats were in position to win in the closing minutes

they choked is more fun :)

and honestly they aren't my giants ...they are my NY TEAM that kicked the boston patriots arse!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

and honestly they aren't my giants ...they are my NY TEAM that kicked the boston patriots arse!!!!!!!!!!!

well I dislike both teams so whatever
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Terrible loss, not surprised though the Patriots never play well in Miami and the HEAT! Naturally, all my dolphin fans called to give me some heckling which I took in stride.
    Well it's not how ya start, it's how ya finish!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Time to bring this thread back....it seems the Patriots fans have fallen asleep for some time.

Peace :)>-
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Jets games always scare me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It depends in where the game is playef, I've been too busy to keep up. i just try to catch the game in Sundays.

Peace

• Options
    This Patriot team reminds me of that Giants team that got hot and went on to win their 3rd Super Bowl.

Peace

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    I woulda expected more than a half page thread.....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    What could make this team different than others in recent years is a healthy Gronk. When he is on the field and 100% they are at their best.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    imalive wrote: »
    In a way they have Atlanta Braves/Detroit Redwings syndrome.

If your that good for that long, a certain tolerance builds for regular season games, even "big" ones. Even early playoff games are throwaway for the average "fan" who would otherwise be engaged. Full excitement isnt really realized until the Conference Championship

It would be nice to have a team that good for that long, but in a lot of ways I dont envy that.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The patriots still have a team?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    MayDay10 wrote: »

If your that good for that long, a certain tolerance builds for regular season games, even "big" ones. Even early playoff games are throwaway for the average "fan" who would otherwise be engaged. Full excitement isnt really realized until the Conference Championship

It would be nice to have a team that good for that long, but in a lot of ways I dont envy that.

Well I can certainly remember the Patriots from the early 70's when they were the abyss of the NFL. They were worse than the Jaguars or whomever is the pits of the league nowadays. Others may have lost excitement but not me cause I can recall the sufferings of Randy Vataha, Steve Grogan and Sam "the bam" Cunningham.

However, you do have appoint that in Boston the last 10-15 years all that city has known is winning/successful winning from ALL four Boston teams. Even their soccer team in the MLS and college hockey has won championships. There's a picture of some kid at one of the championship parade holding a sign that says something like 11 years old and this is my 9th parade. One can get easily spoiled on such success.

11-years-old-8-parades-sign.jpeg

I found it, correction 8th parade, hhhhmmm maybe it's time a 9th.....that kid is so lucky to be going through that much winning already.

Peace

Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    Escaped from NY/NJ with a win by the skin of their teeth. One more win for home field throughout the playoffs.

Peace

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Yeah. That much winning has got to be nice, but on the other hand I think there are diminishing returns for most fans.

I'm friends with a lot of Yankees fans and when they win the world series it's almost no big deal. I mean yeah they are excited and happy but it's like a fraction of what it would be if buffalo or Cleveland won a championship... or soX 04, Phillies 08, and pats 01.

The chase is most of the fun... and bad stretches need to happen.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    g under p wrote: »

Well I can certainly remember the Patriots from the early 70's when they were the abyss of the NFL. They were worse than the Jaguars or whomever is the pits of the league nowadays. Others may have lost excitement but not me cause I can recall the sufferings of Randy Vataha, Steve Grogan and Sam "the bam" Cunningham.

However, you do have appoint that in Boston the last 10-15 years all that city has known is winning/successful winning from ALL four Boston teams. Even their soccer team in the MLS and college hockey has won championships. There's a picture of some kid at one of the championship parade holding a sign that says something like 11 years old and this is my 9th parade. One can get easily spoiled on such success.

11-years-old-8-parades-sign.jpeg

I found it, correction 8th parade, hhhhmmm maybe it's time a 9th.....that kid is so lucky to be going through that much winning already.

Peace

Fuck that kid.

I'm a 36 yr old cub fan!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Yeah. That much winning has got to be nice, but on the other hand I think there are diminishing returns for most fans.

I'm friends with a lot of Yankees fans and when they win the world series it's almost no big deal. I mean yeah they are excited and happy but it's like a fraction of what it would be if buffalo or Cleveland won a championship... or soX 04, Phillies 08, and pats 01.

....exactly. well said.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    NY PJ1 wrote: »

well i'm 7 years late, but jason you're a fraud! you're a fucking jets fan, not a giants fan. sheesh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Come on Bengals give the Pats an early Christmas present.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Pats would get home field advantage throughout the playoffs?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

For some reason you seem to forget the long stretches the Boston teams have gone through. I've not forgotten having lived in Boston and being a fan since 1971. The Celtics went winless 17 years till '08, Bruins 40 years till '11, Red Sox you know that story, the Patriots were the abyss of the NFL in the '60s and '70s, went to a SB in '86 & '97 I think both losses then came success in '01 and the other 2 SB wins. Then were dominated by a superior play by the Gmen in their last two SBs losses

So Boston has had recent success but one CANNOT say that city has not had BAD STRECTHES I know I've lived it.

Peace

• Options

Oh might I add you are correct in saying the chase is more fun. It was great great fun to see what happened to the Sox, it was super special to see the Bruins pull through with it being so hard to win the SC in the NHL (one of my favorite sports I've ever played). It was cool to see the Celtics get one after seeing them win several and chances at winning other ones, ah the Patriots was a complete surprise that first one.

Peace

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    home field. Everyone can rest the next two weeks.
  • Options
    I know the Patriots don't need this game but a better effort here would be nice. Let's go NE!

Peace

• Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11629301/skip-bayless-patriots-start

This was a telling early season article.....
    So you had better laugh now. Belichick nearly always laughs last, behind closed doors.

Peace

• Options
    Early game a week from Saturday. Gotta hope for Pittsburgh to take out Baltimore. They would then go to Denver leaving us with either Indy or Cincy.

• Options
    It's time the PATRIOTS rid themselves of this nemesis. GO PATRIOTS!

Peace