frank tv?

peacocoaNMOpeacocoaNMO Posts: 99
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
did anybody watch this last night? did anybody care? i think that guy is pretty good, but i don't think his show will last. there's only so much you can take of john madden calling george bush an idiot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I didn't watch the show, but I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning on the way to work and they played various clips of his impressions. They played 4 of them: President Bush, Adam Sandler, Bill Walton, and Charles Barkley. Bush and Sandler were funny, but I had heard those before. The Walton and Barkley impressions had me in stitches. I really wish I could have been parked and not driving on the interstate when they played those last two because I nearly drove off the road I was laughing so hard.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Turned it off about 10 minutes in. Bored to tears. I'll take MadTv over this garbage.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i had it on up to the Seinfelf skit...maybe 5 minutes?

boring.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    i had it on up to the Seinfelf skit...maybe 5 minutes?

boring.

same here. I turned the channel after the Seinfeld skit.

Dennis Miller's new sports talk show on the Vs. network is much more entertaining.
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    I just didn't think the show was that funny. Frank looked a bit awkward as host and pulling a kid from the crowd to co-host just didn't really work. The bits weren't great. The Seinfeld routine has been floating around YouTube for a while now. Not impressed at all. BTW, I watched the whole show and don't remember him doing any Adam Sandler or Bill Walton. His John Madden is good, but how far can you really take it? Impressions are funny for a short time but not when the whole show revolves around it. The only part that I actually laughed at was Charles Barkley because it was a solid impression and the only one I've not seen him do before...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    BTW, I watched the whole show and don't remember him doing any Adam Sandler or Bill Walton.

The only part that I actually laughed at was Charles Barkley because it was a solid impression and the only one I've not seen him do before...
    Sandler or Walton might not have been on the show. Like I said before, I only heard those on the Mike & Mike radio show this morning. They said the clips were from the show, but it's possible they came from a promo or one of his stand up routines.

I thought the Barkley impression was spot on and hilarious. The Walton impression was funny for the way that he emphasized the ridiculous tangents Walton goes on while announcing a game, but he couldn't get the voice 100% right. Wasn't nasal enough is the best description for that.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Sandler or Walton might not have been on the show. Like I said before, I only heard those on the Mike & Mike radio show this morning. They said the clips were from the show, but it's possible they came from a promo or one of his stand up routines.

I thought the Barkley impression was spot on and hilarious. The Walton impression was funny for the way that he emphasized the ridiculous tangents Walton goes on while announcing a game, but he couldn't get the voice 100% right. Wasn't nasal enough is the best description for that.

I thought the Walton impression he did last week on "Inside the NBA" was spot on.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."