Options

Sorry for this but...I THINK IM GOING TO ROO!

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Think im going to break my PJ Live virginity by going to roo. Me and two buddies are taking Greyhound to Nashville and then figuring out a way to get to Roo! MY only questions are:

1) Can I have hints on camping at Bonnaroo?

2) Is there any near by motels around the grounds?

3) What should I expect?

I'm so fucking excited!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This is a good message board with all the info. you need.

http://www.bonnaroo.proboards21.com/
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,556
    Why be sorry? Are you going to commit a crime at some point during this journey? As far as I can tell, you are doing the right thing:-) You are gonna have a blast!

Go nuts!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    Why be sorry? Are you going to commit a crime at some point during this journey? As far as I can tell, you are doing the right thing:-) You are gonna have a blast!

Go nuts!

I just thought this topic may make some people here bitch about "Li3k OMG enough with Roo topics, lets discuss Yield and Vs. for the millionth time!"
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,556
    hehe
    I understand.

I kinda got the impression that you were apologizing due to the 'I hate festivals' mentality that has been popping up here lately. Its kinda silly...

Anyway, I wish I was going. Hope you will have a blast:-)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Think im going to break my PJ Live virginity by going to roo. Me and two buddies are taking Greyhound to Nashville and then figuring out a way to get to Roo! MY only questions are:

1) Can I have hints on camping at Bonnaroo?

2) Is there any near by motels around the grounds?

3) What should I expect?

I'm so fucking excited!

1. First, there is a closer Greyhound station to Bonnaroo. You want to take the bus to Manchester, TN. Since you are not driving there you will at least get to stay in the camping only section, which is close to Centeroo.

Bring something to cover your mouth in case the dust gets bad again like last year.

I would say bring plenty of water, but you might not be able to bring very much if you're coming by bus. Still try to bring what you can, then you can refill whatever containers you have for free at water stations throughout the campground.

Check out Inforoo.org (the link that Capstoner provided above) for plenty of other tips on getting through the weekend. You can also read about some others' experiences there

2. Hotels are probably booked up already, but why would you want to leave the farm? Sure camping might have inconveniences, but part of the fun of Bonnaroo is staying in the campground.

3. Expect to hear a lot of great music and go prepared to hear some new stuff you might not have listened to otherwise. Also, with so many artists there during the weekend, you will probably see some collaborations that you would not see elsewhere.

On the other hand, if there are plenty of bands that you want to see other than Pearl Jam, expect schedule conflicts. No one else will be on during a headliner's (Pearl Jam's) time slot, but any other time there are multiple performances going on at one time. There's bound to be at least two bands that you want to see that will be on at the same time, forcing you to choose between seeing one or the other, or some of each.
  • Options
    Great stuff in the post above.
    Inforoo is a great site for all things bonnaroo.

Currently on "Bonnaroo Radio" The Dj's are giving hints to the lineup.
    http://www.bonnaroo.com Purple link on top right. The site has been down and back up a few times in the last few days. :)

Other notes on Roo' in general.
    There is a Wal Mart pretty close to the Bonnaroo site in Manchester. You should be able to pick up most supplies there. But, a lot of Roo'rs get to the Wal-Mart on early Wed/Thurs before they start letting people in. :)
    And, you will probably need some sort of shade, but its easy to make friends.
    And, its hot.