Thinking of getting a tattoo... talk me into or out of it!!!!!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My friend is getting a quote for me as we speak. I've wanted to for about a year but only now am I saying 'Fuck it, yes.'

:eek:
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Right on!!
    Just don't put it anywhere you can't cover if you want to hide it, like your forehead.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Get "Mother", just be sure they don't run out of ink with 2 letters still to go.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Rygar wrote:
    Right on!!
    Just don't put it anywhere you can't cover if you want to hide it, like your forehead.

I think the forehead is a bloody good idea.

What are ye planning on getting hlf?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Get "Mother", just be sure they don't run out of ink with 2 letters still to go.

I know a guy called Tony who's with a girl called Gemma. He wanted to write 'Tony' then 'Gemma' on both wrists but he said it hurt so much that all he's ended up with is 'T' and 'G'.

LOL
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• I know a guy called Tony who's with a girl called Gemma. He wanted to write 'Tony' then 'Gemma' on both wrists but he said it hurt so much that all he's ended up with is 'T' and 'G'.

LOL

Wimp
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• I think the forehead is a bloody good idea.

What are ye planning on getting hlf?

With Duggro's permission...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=261821&highlight=tattoo

I found this to be awesome.

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I think the forehead is a bloody good idea.

It'd be a good place for a tattoo of an eyeball, sure. I wouldn't get a mermaid on my head though.
  • Rygar wrote:
    It'd be a good place for a tattoo of an eyeball, sure. I wouldn't get a mermaid on my head though.

You could tattoo laughter lines on there if you felt you didn't look mature enough.

• With Duggro's permission...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=261821&highlight=tattoo

I found this to be awesome.

Darn work won't let me open the link.
    I am sure it is cool though.

• You could tattoo laughter lines on there if you felt you didn't look mature enough.

Yeah that would make you look so mature.

• Darn work won't let me open the link.
    I am sure it is cool though.

Someone's ressurrected the thread. You can see it in there.

• know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Can you answer why you want one? If not, don't get one.

Personally, I dislike them.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Yeah that would make you look so mature.

:D

OK then how about tattooing a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche's 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'.

At least you'd appear well read.

• Someone's ressurrected the thread. You can see it in there.

I can see the thread but it's the link to the picture I can't open.
    I should have been clearer

• know1 wrote:
    Can you answer why you want one? If not, don't get one.

Personally, I dislike them.

Yes, because I like them. Sometimes. I love this one.

• I can see the thread but it's the link to the picture I can't open.
    I should have been clearer

Ahhh... OK well it should be on a T shirt in the goods section. Based on No Code, it's four circles (on the T shirt they are red/orange I think) with different symbols in.

• Yes, because I like them. Sometimes. I love this one.

Good answer.

I say get one, I love them. Be warned though, once you get one you won't be able to stop.

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Be original, be different, be an individual .... don't get a fuckin tattoo!!!
  • Ahhh... OK well it should be on a T shirt in the goods section. Based on No Code, it's four circles (on the T shirt they are red/orange I think) with different symbols in.

Ahh yes, I know the one.
    Very cool.

• nuffingman wrote:
    Be original, be different, be an individual .... don't get a fuckin tattoo!!!

How is that being original, I am sure there are more people out there without tattoo's than with.

• How is that being original, I am sure there are more people out there without tattoo's than with.

LOL That's what I was thinking. Because eeeeeeveryone I know has a tattoo, even my mum :rolleyes:

• LOL That's what I was thinking. Because eeeeeeveryone I know has a tattoo, even my mum :rolleyes:

My dog has several.

• My dog has several.

Tell me something I don't know. All dogs are getting 'em nowadays. :D

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I have alot of ink work on me.
    It is addictive.
    I've been in the chair about 20-25 times or more.

Do go to a professional artist.
    If they trace/stencil the fuckin tattoo on your skin
    get up and walk out.

This is my opinion.

The tattoo should be free hand drawn onto your flesh
    Then tattooed.

If they can't draw the art on you and they need to cheat by using a stencil/tracing thingy,
    that shows me they are not skilled in the art of tattooing.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    My dog has several.
    See, just as I said, it's not original anymore. I bet your pet donkey has elephant's ears tattooed either side of it's cock. :D
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    And besides they might use that same design on 179 other people.
    Then you all have the same shitty tattoo.

Screw that noise.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    And besides they might use that same design on 179 other people.
    Then you all have the same shitty tattoo.

Screw that noise.

To be honest, it's a PJ design so I very much doubt they'll use a stencil. All I've got is a picture. I draw myself, so if he has to use a stencil I won't be very pleased either.

• nuffingman wrote:
    See, just as I said, it's not original anymore. I bet your pet donkey has elephant's ears tattooed either side of it's cock. :D

He gets more attention that way when I take him to Blackpool to let the kiddies ride him :p

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    nuffingman wrote:
    Maybe he isn't trying to be "original". Just doing something HE wants to do.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • He gets more attention that way when I take him to Blackpool to let the kiddies ride him :p

Yeah because they're all looking at his cock aren't they :rolleyes: