Options

Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,503
    Looks like we got off the downhill slide vs. Toronto today. Big Papi comes through w/ 2 run HR in first and bunt single in 6th. He says he's gonna keep bunting until they stop pulling the shift on him. Next game is Tuesday with Schilling on the hill.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    adam42381 wrote:
    Once again Beckett is looking sharp early. Sox up 3-0 through 3 1/2 innings. Some possible good news on the Roger Clemens story. Apparently the Sox are his number one choice right now.

This is from http://www.bostondirtdogs.com :

I'm really hoping he comes back. Number 21 just looked so good on him and I've missed seeing that number since he left. Could be because he was my idol growing up.

great post!

Thanks much..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    You can now vote to make Fenway Park the new Boardwalk on the new Monopoly game Here and Now. http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/
    Manny's 3-run homer in the 8th lifts Sox to 8-6 victory this evening. Glad to see that Manny is back in good form. Papelbon is automatic.
    Ok this is really getting ridiculous now. Bard had 4 passed balls tonight "catching" Wakefield. 4!!!! He is at 10 for the season! Wakefield allowed 3 earned runs. His ERA is 3.90 (not bad at all) and his record is 1-4. Time for some run support and catching. Oh, I just found this. Is this a sign of things to come? Clemens T-shirts for sale: http://www.yawkeywaystore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=TA0094
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    adam42381 wrote:
    Trading Wells opens up a hole in the rotation. Roger Clemens is still available and would fill a hole pretty nicely. Hmmm...something to ponder.
    he would be good for Boston but Roger wants too much $, one of the few teams that can afford his salary is the yanks. I dont even think my yankees would spend that much on him
  • Options
    We got rocked this evening boys. 15-3 blowout by way of the Indians. Beckett has his 2nd consecutive poor outing giving up 9 (8 ER) in 3 2/3 innings including 3 HR. Pathetic. Time to get things rolling again. Really need to be hitting on all cylinders when the Yanks hit town on Monday. Time to buckle down.
    After 3 losses in a row, I'm just gonna convince myself that we're saving everything for the Yankees who come into town on Monday. With DiNardo pitching today, I hope that's the case.
    Why's the Cubs thread doing so much better than our Sox? No knock on the Cubbies but i thought Red Sox Nation would be a bit stronger than the Cubs fans. I am not going to stop posting quite yet but it's a bit frustrating at the apparent lack of interest in the Sox. Come on people, lets get some good discussion going here.
    Sox pulled another one out thanks to batting around in two separate innings vs. the D-Rays. Papelbon gets yet another save.
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    heard of WZLX today..

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the House in Blackjack.."

LMAO!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    so what happens tonight

are you guys gonna boo, or cheer Johnny D ?

just curious,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so what happens tonight

are you guys gonna boo, or cheer Johnny D ?

just curious,....

I was driving with my son the other day and some guy had a "FUCK JOHNNY DAMON" sticker in his back window. I think it will be split
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Gotta cheer Johnny for what he did while he was in Boston. Looks like the Bard experiment is over. We just traded Bard to the Padres for our boy Mirabelli. He will catch Wakefield tonight vs. the Yankees. I think this was a great move for us. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2428645
    robblerobble Posts: 63
    long distance red sox fan, got a schilling shirt, unfortunately bought a damon shirt last september before he signed for the yankees. don't think i can go toe to toe with some of ya's on here, but does anyone else think the tail of the batting order stinks? im not a fan of pena, considering nixon gets yanked whenever pena starts, and because he was traded for arroyo, not the best pitcher, but at least he's probably got a better bat atm lol, plus you gotta love the dirty water!
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    robble wrote:
    long distance red sox fan, got a schilling shirt, unfortunately bought a damon shirt last september before he signed for the yankees. don't think i can go toe to toe with some of ya's on here, but does anyone else think the tail of the batting order stinks? im not a fan of pena, considering nixon gets yanked whenever pena starts, and because he was traded for arroyo, not the best pitcher, but at least he's probably got a better bat atm lol, plus you gotta love the dirty water!
    Yeah, well I got a Mueller and Arroyo shirt..how'd I do?

Fuck the Yankees! Big Papi = YANKEE KILLER!
    Johnny Damon rules by the way. He knows the deal. He knows the Boston fans. The tipping of the hat was a class act. He knows hes a Yankee now and he MUST be booed. Cool dude.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    I bought my wife (fiancee' at the time) a pink Damon t-shirt last summer when my mom and I went to Fenway. She is officially forbidden from wearing the shirt. Sure we cheer Damon for what he did in the Sox uniform, but the way in which he lied about going to New York and basically turned into the enemy cannot be forgiven.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I bought my wife (fiancee' at the time) a pink Damon t-shirt last summer when my mom and I went to Fenway. She is officially forbidden from wearing the shirt. Sure we cheer Damon for what he did in the Sox uniform, but the way in which he lied about going to New York and basically turned into the enemy cannot be forgiven.
    HA HA HA! Thats understandable...he IS a Yankee.

Although, I'd leave for an additional 12 million over 4 years without hesitation. 3 Million per year EXTRA is a fucking uncomprehensible amount of money.

Truth be told, the only loyalty that exists in sports anymore is the fans loyalty to their team.
  • Options

Truth be told, the only loyalty that exists in sports anymore is the fans loyalty to their team.
    You know, you probably hit the nail right on the head with this one. The fans are the ones who beat themselves up year after year, the players for the most part see it as a paycheck. I know they hate to lose, but I doubt that they eat and sleep the Sox as much as we do.
    adam42381 wrote:
    You know, you probably hit the nail right on the head with this one. The fans are the ones who beat themselves up year after year, the players for the most part see it as a paycheck. I know they hate to lose, but I doubt that they eat and sleep the Sox as much as we do.
    I would like to think Otriz does. He took a huge pay cut to stay. I love that guy (see the link in my sig..all smiles).
  • Options
    I would like to think Otriz does. He took a huge pay cut to stay. I love that guy (see the link in my sig..all smiles).
    Well, we know that Arroyo does. He took a paycut and then got the shaft and was traded. So much for the hometown discount.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Well, we know that Arroyo does. He took a paycut and then got the shaft and was traded. So much for the hometown discount.
    I agree with Damon. Boston fucks its stars. The Yankees still let Bernie hang around and pay him for it for Christ sake!

Sox had argueably the best pitcher in baseball in Pedro and they let him go (biggest mistake thus far...he is still awesome and Sox fans love this guy). Damon...let him go. Manny...want to get rid of him. Clemens, let him go. Arroyo as you mentioned. Bill Mueller...why? Nomar. Cabrera, let him go. Boggs. The list goes on and on. They got the $ to keep these guys too....dont be fooled.
  • Options
    Can we actually score some runs tonight for Wakefield? I mean, come on guys, his ERA is 3.89 and he's 1-4! The bats have got to come alive for him. It's getting ridiculous.
    Well, the bats were alive last night and helped Wakefield get his second win, 9-3. About time they gave him some support.
    Looks like another win today. 10-3 in the bottom of the 6th. Feel free to chime in at any time Sox fans.
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Havent posted here yet.. Nice to see them sweep Baltimore today
  • Options
    Welcome to the thread. I'm trying to keep this thing alive. I'm just getting frustrated by the activity on the Cubs thread but not here. Invite your friends.
    ready for the enemy? should be a good series...the pitching matchups are pretty much equal.
  • Options
    Any 14-3 Sox win in a game started by Randy Johnson is a great day in my opinion! Keep rolling!
    adam42381 wrote:
    Any 14-3 Sox win in a game started by Randy Johnson is a great day in my opinion! Keep rolling!
    Manny is back in the zone. Dude is ripping seeds all over the field.
    Beckett looked good. Had some great stuff last night. Made Bernie look like a fool, then Bernie made himself look like a fool.