Options

Childbirth is nothing compared to

_Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
dental pain!

I can't take it anymore!
I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dental pain!

I can't take it anymore!

Oh, I'm sorry. :)
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    your only option is to ask someone to knock you out......;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Large Quantities of BOOZE is needed.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    How about gull stones or bladder stones?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

It's the only thing that MAY come close to a guy understanding what it feels like to give birth, apparently. :)
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The worst pain I ever had was after my pilonidal abscess was cut, drained and packed, and left to heal from the inside out. The first couple of days, morphine was useless.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    The worst pain I ever had was after my pilonidal abscess was cut, drained and packed, and left to heal from the inside out. The first couple of days, morphine was useless.
    I am afraid to google that.....:(
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am afraid to google that.....:(

It's otherwise known as hairy arse disease! Doesn't matter how clean you are, if you've a hairy lower back and bum, you're at risk. It was right below the base of my spine, just at the beginning of the er, descent, if ya git meh. It was huuuuge. The doctors said they'd only ever seen one bigger. Then they said the abscess was big too. ;)
  • Options
    ouch. :(

They should have epidurals for the top half. ;)
  • Options
    It's otherwise known as hairy arse disease! Doesn't matter how clean you are, if you've a hairy lower back and bum, you're at risk. It was right below the base of my spine, just at the beginning of the er, descent, if ya git meh. It was huuuuge. The doctors said they'd only ever seen one bigger. Then they said the abscess was big too. ;)
    Ok, it is my fault for reading your reply, but what I was trying to say is "Wow, that really must have hurt, sounds gross, don't really want to know what it was, but glad you are feeling better"
    :)
    Finsbury has a hairy bum! Finsbury has a hairy bum!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Ahnimus wrote:

having gone through childbirth(more than once) AND having gall stones, i can assure you gall stones are a far worse pain to have to deal with. the pain is constant whereas labour pain ebbs and flows. but morphine is a beautiful thing. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I have not had to deal with stones or hairy arse syndrome, and for this I consider myself lucky. But I do need to go to the dentist. It's something I've been putting off for quite some time now. :( Not sure what I'm more afraid of - the procedures I'll have to go through or the $$ it'll cost me.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    I have not had to deal with stones or hairy arse syndrome, and for this I consider myself lucky. But I do need to go to the dentist. It's something I've been putting off for quite some time now. :( Not sure what I'm more afraid of - the procedures I'll have to go through or the $$ it'll cost me.

Doorknob. String. Tooth. Slam. Better.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

my mom had to go through that a couple years back.....long story but she got a bad infection after a surgical procedure and had a hole in her chest a little bigger than a silver dollar and about 3 inches deep.....this woman had five kids and said she had never experienced pain like when they changed the packing of the open wound....and yes, the morphine was useless....
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i had a kidney stone once. felt like someone took a bat and beat the living shit out of me with it.

not fun.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    my mom had to go through that a couple years back.....long story but she got a bad infection after a surgical procedure and had a hole in her chest a little bigger than a silver dollar and about 3 inches deep.....this woman had five kids and said she had never experienced pain like when they changed the packing of the open wound....and yes, the morphine was useless....

Strangely enough, when I was hit on the head, square between the eyes, by a 70lb rock rolling down the verge of a bankside - don't ask! - I got off very lightly, painwise, apart from the expected concussion, a few bad headaches, a fucked short term memory and a need for a lot of sleep at first.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    had never experienced pain like when they changed the packing of the open wound....and yes, the morphine was useless....

That pain is brutal.

When I had a c-section, one of my stitches popped open and left a big hole. I had to have it cleaned and re-packed every day for the next 4 weeks. :mad:

It was funny...when I went to the doctor once I had realized that the stitch had popped....she was about to dress the wound and she said "I'm going to numb this, and then give you another prescription for vicodin." And I thought, "why do I need more vicodin?", and then she started to clean it and I understood. :eek: :eek: God that sucked!!!
  • Options
    Strangely enough, when I was hit on the head, square between the eyes, by a 70lb rock rolling down the verge of a bankside - don't ask! - I got off very lightly, painwise, apart from the expected concussion, a few bad headaches, a fucked short term memory and a need for a lot of sleep at first.
    We don't need to ask..obviously you were playing a part in Braveheart.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    We don't need to ask..obviously you were playing a part in Braveheart.

Raaarrrrghhh. :D
  • Options
    Raaarrrrghhh. :D
    And Pirates of the Carribean???? Wow.
    Awesome.
    :p
    You do remind me of the actor that was in Gangs of NY..the one that we thought was a bastard in the begining, but then he winds up fighting for the priest. Oh and of course my cat Hugo. :( He is MIA.
  • Options
    having gone through childbirth(more than once) AND having gall stones, i can assure you gall stones are a far worse pain to have to deal with. the pain is constant whereas labour pain ebbs and flows. but morphine is a beautiful thing. :D

I've heard this before, through the grape-vine, from a female nurse.

It's my evidence that men can feel pain that is paramount to child birth.

Then there is phantom limb pain, of course, it's hard to describe that unless you have it. Supposedly it can't be helped because the limb doesn't exist, it's a feeling that the limb is constantly cramped. I suppose morphine or vicodin are prescribed.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    morphine is a beautiful thing. :D

and that people, is true-er than true
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

that explains a lot...;) :D
    That pain is brutal.

When I had a c-section, one of my stitches popped open and left a big hole. I had to have it cleaned and re-packed every day for the next 4 weeks. :mad

It was funny...when I went to the doctor once I had realized that the stitch had popped....she was about to dress the wound and she said "I'm going to numb this, and then give you another prescription for vicodin." And I thought, "why do I need more vicodin?", and then she started to clean it and I understood. :eek: God that sucked!!!

my mom has a high threshold for pain and well lets just say it wasn't pleasant to watch as they changed that dressing....:eek: :(
  • Options
    Linda wrote:
    and that people, is true-er than true

Drugs that act on opium receptors are the worst.

Morphine is by far the most prevalent and important alkaloid in opium, consisting of 10%-16% of the total, and is responsible for most of its harmful effects such as lung edema, respiratory difficulties, coma, or cardiac or respiratory collapse, with a normal lethal dose of 120 to 250 milligrams[92]—the amount found in approximately two grams of opium.[93] Morphine binds to and activates μ-opioid receptors in the brain, spinal cord, stomach and intestine. Regular use leads to physical tolerance and possibly dependence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium#Chemical_and_physiological_properties
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I've heard this before, through the grape-vine, from a female nurse.

It's my evidence that men can feel pain that is paramount to child birth.

but how would you know. men cant experience childbirth for comparison.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Morphine is by far the most prevalent and important alkaloid in opium, consisting of 10%-16% of the total, and is responsible for most of its harmful effects such as lung edema, respiratory difficulties, coma, or cardiac or respiratory collapse, with a normal lethal dose of 120 to 250 milligrams[92]—the amount found in approximately two grams of opium.[93] Morphine binds to and activates μ-opioid receptors in the brain, spinal cord, stomach and intestine. Regular use leads to physical tolerance and possibly dependence.

dont take my high away.....;) i had it once after a c-section.......its not that i take it on a regular basis, like marihuana or something....:)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

shit ryan dont rain on my parade. opiates are my friend. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    but how would you know. men cant experience childbirth for comparison.

Very good point but I'm starting to think that gull stones can be just as painful.

I've never had gull stones the same as (I'm presuming) Ahnimus has never been through child birth.
  • Options
    Very good point but I'm starting to think that gull stones can be just as painful.

I've never had gull stones the same as (I'm presuming) Ahnimus has never been through child birth.

gall stones are more painful. i know this from experience. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    dental pain!

I can't take it anymore!

might I suggest that in the future you avoid trying to squirt out a baby through your mouth? ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This discussion has been closed.