September Weight Loss Challenge

1235»

Comments

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Open to anybody who would like to lose a few pounds. It always helps if you know somebody else trying to get in shape!
    Here's how it'll work:
    On September 1st, post your starting weight and your goal weight for the month. Then on the 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th come back and post your current weight for those dates. If you can't post on those dates, no worries, post as close as you can.

I don't know what I weigh right now, but I have gained a few pounds this month and I'd like to lose 6 lbs. in September. I also want to get back into working out, I've been a complete slacker the month of August.

ok, I don't want to post my weight :p
    but I have lost about 5 pounds starting last week

and plan to continue.

In my case, carbs are the enemy. And lack of exercise.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I guess like most people here carbs are my enemy. I wasn't doing so hot at the beginning of this thing so I started going low carbs and I'm down 2 pounds. 8 more to go for the month.....I don't think I'll get there :(
  • Down a pound this week!
    I've been slipping, though. Bread, dessert, rice... Cuttin' 'em all out next week. At least bread & rice! :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • I've been doing so-so. I've lost a couple of pounds, but nothing to get really excited about yet!
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Three more pounds. Down to 211.5. See ya next week!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Pilates is amazing. thanks libragirl. ;)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • it's monday, weigh in day. sorry, but i have to quit this september challenge. i was in a car accident yesterday (it was not my fault). good news is that nothing is broken, bad news i am in extreme pain :(

good luck to everyone, hope you get the results you want.
  • I'm very thankful for sugar free popsicles right now. :D
  • gluten919 wrote:
    it's monday, weigh in day. sorry, but i have to quit this september challenge. i was in a car accident yesterday (it was not my fault). good news is that nothing is broken, bad news i am in extreme pain :(

I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope you recover quickly!! :)
  • gluten919 wrote:
    it's monday, weigh in day. sorry, but i have to quit this september challenge. i was in a car accident yesterday (it was not my fault). good news is that nothing is broken, bad news i am in extreme pain :(

:eek: sorry to hear about the collision. I hope you are fine (aside from the pain).
  • thanks crazy mary and brain of jl
  • Ah shit, my weight has not changed, but the good news is I have done at least 30mins exercise to perspiration level every day for the last week, so my fitness is improving.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I just squeezed my guy yesterday and "hurt" him. This cant be right...he was proud. I am gonna protect him. :D All of my pjam girls and guys. :D:p

Nevermind looking good. Strength is awesome......especially for self-defense. Its empowering.

I can carry and walk with things I normally couldn't hold for a minute.

Keep it up everyone!!! :cool:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • for about 3? weeks now. 4 times a week.... I dont have time for the gym so these are great.

Guys, give them a try too! ;)

40 min sessions for all. Just do the best that you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKMofgI4eUY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmek7iASeCI&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DefXxHEvVVA&mode=related&search=

Last:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZopL5-P8zgs&mode=related&search=

I sometimes do these while the TV is on.

Good luck with your goals!!! :cool:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    for about 3? weeks now. 4 times a week.... I dont have time for the gym so these are great.

Guys, give them a try too! ;)

40 min sessions for all. Just do the best that you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKMofgI4eUY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmek7iASeCI&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DefXxHEvVVA&mode=related&search=

Last:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZopL5-P8zgs&mode=related&search=

I sometimes do these while the TV is on.

Good luck with your goals!!! :cool:

ra-ra these are cool, but probably too much for me to start with, you don't have any suggestions for beginner pilates videos? I think I need a few baby steps to get back into it slowly before I would attempt some of those links that you provided, which look excellent btw. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I'm down 1.5 more pounds this week!
    One week left... we can do it! :D
  • I'm down 1.5 more pounds this week!
    One week left... we can do it! :D

I have lost 6 pounds this month. :)
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I ate Popeye's last night and two things of Ice Cream :)

And I weighed 3 lbs less at the gym. Go figure :D
    NERDS!
  • I ate Popeye's last night and two things of Ice Cream :)

And I weighed 3 lbs less at the gym. Go figure :D

Whatever works! ;)

Hey, I'll have to try this. There's Popeye's right next to a Dairy Queen just down the street from my house. :D
    Up a 1/2 lb. Workout stayed consistant. Calorie intake was consistant, except for the homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. Damn You Nestle Toll House! Damn You!!!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

10 lbs for the month which was my goal :) Hopefully I can keep it up.
  • Well, the end of September is here. I didn't reach my goal. I lost 4 lbs, though, and I'm happy with that. I do wish I would've tried harder. I think I was too stressed about other things going on in my life and I didn't have time to focus on my health. October is my favorite month of the year, so things should be better soon! :D
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Well, the end of September is here. I didn't reach my goal. I lost 4 lbs, though, and I'm happy with that. I do wish I would've tried harder. I think I was too stressed about other things going on in my life and I didn't have time to focus on my health. October is my favorite month of the year, so things should be better soon! :D
    good work......that is four pounds that you would have not lost, without this idea.

on the flip side though...........someone in this thread just gained four pounds.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    Anyone interested in a December challenge?? I'm down to 198lbs now and know with Thanksgiving over and XMAS around the way, a lot of us will have the tendency to eat like there's no tomorrow. So anyone interested in losing a few more lbs? Or shall I continue to do this is silence?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

December is a tough month for a weight loss challange but I'm up for it. Count me in.
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    December is a tough month for a weight loss challange but I'm up for it. Count me in.

All right! I'll start a new thread then.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"