wiped out!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Is the headline in one of the papers this morning... I sorta read the front page about the family of 7 killed in the fire and when I saw where it was I thought there's no chance of me knowing them. I was too busy yapping away about the new job anyway to read it and it was only when my sister called me and told me to look at the picture. The mother of the 5 kids is a girl from quite close to us who was in the year ahead of me at school and on my schoolbus... I knew her quite well. I knew her sister even better cos she was in my year and I hung around with her a good bit.

This is really really sad :( . They're saying suspected arson... who the fuck could DO something like that? :mad: I can't even read the article cos I know it will go into details :eek: and I'd just rather not know :(
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Helen... I'm really sorry to hear that.
    A similar thing happened to me when a boy I knew killed himself.
    It's hard....
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Helen... I'm really sorry to hear that.
    A similar thing happened to me when a boy I knew killed himself.
    It's hard....
    Thank you :( it's really sad cos someone put the paper on my desk (I haven't said anything at work) and the family picture looking up at me.

I had two cousins die in a fire when I was 9 so things like this always get to me anyway cos it brings it all back but when it's someone you know :( . Well I didn't know her VERY well, in the way I know everyone where I come from, but I knew her sister really well and I just feel so sorry for them all right now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    So sorry, Helen.

It's just wrong that so much of one family can be taken out with one swoop.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • So sorry, Helen.

It's just wrong that so much of one family can be taken out with one swoop.
    I know. In this case it was the entire family, which in a way I'm glad (not being the right word) that there isn't one or two left to deal with the loss of their family. In my cousins case, the two of them were the only kids and their parents survived. It was just absolutely devastating. You DON'T recover!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    yeah I've been hearin about that story all yesterday and today, its mental and so so sad :(
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :(
    don't know what to say..it stinks and I hope the culprit gets caught!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    yeah I've been hearin about that story all yesterday and today, its mental and so so sad :(
    I only heard about it this morning. I really hope it wasn't one of the parents... I can't imagine it would have been if they were shouting for help :( . If somebody else did it though they deserve the worst possible stuff to happen to them. I remember shortly before the Omagh bomb there were 3 kids killed in an arson attack on the 12th July in the north. Fucking pricks :mad:

it just doesn't bear thinking about.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Pegasus wrote:
    :(
    don't know what to say..it stinks and I hope the culprit gets caught!
    I just hope it was an accident :(

The thought that someone could intentionally do something like that is sickening.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    :( This story is so sad :(
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    :( This story is so sad :(
    I know... her and her sister are so lovely and bubbly and I just feel so sorry for the family. Unfortunately I CAN imagine what they're going through and it's just fucking heartbreaking. I remember the eldest child too but didn't even know she had more after that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Terrible. Helen, I am so sorry and I really do hope(and perhaps not the right word) it was an accident. I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing :(

A hug for you, my friend.
  • Terrible. Helen, I am so sorry and I really do hope(and perhaps not the right word) it was an accident. I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing :(

A hug for you, my friend.
    Thank you sweetie :o

It just brings it back every fucking time I read about someone in a fire :o I mean, one day they're there living their lives... and then they're just gone. It's just incomprehensible. 18 years ago the end of this month :eek: The youngest was the same age as me and I was very close to them and I always wonder what he'd be or where he'd be or what kinda person he'd be :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    give your loved ones a hug TODAY and tell them you love them.......my prayers, to the family. i can not comprehend the pain to lose a child.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • ajedigecko wrote:
    give your loved ones a hug TODAY and tell them you love them.......my prayers, to the family. i can not comprehend the pain to lose a child.
    great advice right there :o thanks.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    great advice right there :o thanks.
    i remember the picture of the fireman carrying out the toddler from the okc bombing.....burned into my memory.

the pain that the parent must have felt is overwhelming.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • ajedigecko wrote:
    i remember the picture of the fireman carrying out the toddler from the okc bombing.....burned into my memory.

the pain that the parent must have felt is overwhelming.
    there are no words to describe what my aunt and uncle went through. They had another son a couple of years later (I can't imagine how it is for him either - having never met his only two brothers) but split up shortly afterwards and it got kinda messy. She went the religious road, he went the party road, I don't think EITHER of them have really worked :o . There is just no way your life is ever the same after something like this.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i heard on the radio they are treating this as murder.

who would do this? :(

it was tragic enough
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i heard on the radio they are treating this as murder.

who would do this? :(

it was tragic enough
    holy fuck :mad:

just looked at google news.

Who WOULD do this? :mad: stupid fucking bastards.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • and i don't get this kinda fucking reporting either:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.1832455.0.ill_never_forget_familys_screams.php

what the fuck? :mad: it's not a bag of puppies.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Police suspect it was the father who did it, they found petrol around the inside of the house by all accounts...how could you do that?
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Police suspect it was the father who did it, they found petrol around the inside of the house by all accounts...how could you do that?
    the headlines today are seriously pissing me off. If it was him, it's a seriously fucking evil thing to do... but they couldn't possibly KNOW yet... and all the other stuff too? :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I did hear on the radio that the father is the suspect, that the police had been called to the house before the fire... but this is only radio talk, dunno how much I believe it.

On a slightly different note...
    It really is quite odd, but there has been a few odd cases like this (a parent killing children and other halves) in Ireland recently, it really is scary and you never know what goes on behind closed doors.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    It really is quite odd, but there has been a few odd cases like this (a parent killing children and other halves) in Ireland recently, it really is scary and you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

There was a case here in the U.S. just recently about a stepfather that raped and killed his 9 yr old stepdaughter while her mother was at work. It's just unimaginable...
  • Is the headline in one of the papers this morning... I sorta read the front page about the family of 7 killed in the fire and when I saw where it was I thought there's no chance of me knowing them. I was too busy yapping away about the new job anyway to read it and it was only when my sister called me and told me to look at the picture. The mother of the 5 kids is a girl from quite close to us who was in the year ahead of me at school and on my schoolbus... I knew her quite well. I knew her sister even better cos she was in my year and I hung around with her a good bit.

This is really really sad :( . They're saying suspected arson... who the fuck could DO something like that? :mad: I can't even read the article cos I know it will go into details :eek: and I'd just rather not know :(

:( So horrible.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I did hear on the radio that the father is the suspect, that the police had been called to the house before the fire... but this is only radio talk, dunno how much I believe it.

Yep, I've been hearing that from the beginning... also that they were arguing in the street the day it happened.
    Jennytree wrote:

That is absolutely terrifying anytime I read about it... what must be going on in a parents head to think killing your kids is the right thing to do? :eek: :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life