Options

Confessions of a Pearl Jam fan

Comments

• Options
    Twice I waited on line to get my daughters Backstreet Boys tickets.I would have had no problems taking them to the show but the Wife took them.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch every day.

It's so boring, but I couldn't be bothered to change it up.
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    i saw hanson in concert, and they were excellent.

i have a weakness for smallville... a semi-trashy wb teeny-bopper show.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I've seen every episode of Friends at least 10 times (and some more like 50) and I still watch as many episodes as I can every day.

It's my comfort time. 30-60 minutes of absolute certainty really calms me down.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    I'm a dude and I have the following songs on my iPod:

- Cindy Lauper/Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
    - Des'ree/You Gotta Be
    - Dixie Chicks/Not Ready to Make Nice
    - Donna Lewis/Always Forever
    - Kim Carnes/Bette Davis Eyes
    - Lisa Loeb/How
    - Paula Cole/I Don't Want To Wait

Now, don't you DARE call me efeminate... I have all 4 Tool CD's, and that's as macho as you get :)
  • Options
    ...oh, and I really REALLY hate "Friends".
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    bee_boy wrote:
    - Donna Lewis/Always Forever

Now, don't you DARE call me efeminate... I have all 4 Tool CD's, and that's as macho as you get :)
    I have Always Forever on mine too and it's 10 times as macho as Tool :D Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Tool but they're the nerdiest band ever and have nerdier fans.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I've seen every episode of Friends at least 10 times (and some more like 50) and I still watch as many episodes as I can every day.

It's my comfort time. 30-60 minutes of absolute certainty really calms me down.

I wouldn't have guessed that in a thousand years about you. I'm pretty sure we are now forced to be arch enemies. I look forward to our pending battles.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I went to a Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood concert and waited outside in the cold for an hour and a half with my friend, a rabid Carrie fan, so she could meet her, which we did. That chick is smokin'
    In my defense, I went only because I had bought her the tickets as a gift and her sister backed out of going the night before.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I went to a Savage Garden concert...I actually paid for the tickets.

I give out tequila in the parking lot of a show so someone will feed me.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    I kinda like Matchbox 20 :eek:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The first record I bought was Kilroy was here by Styx.
  • Options
    I have a CD in my car that I made and it has Paula Abdul's "Promise of a New Day" on it, and when that shit comes on, I crank it..

love that song.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I'll go first.

I once bought a Nickelback cd.

I once bought a Creed cd :(
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    mole1985 wrote:
    I once bought a Creed cd :(

I saw them twice in concert. :o
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I have Always Forever on mine too and it's 10 times as macho as Tool :D Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Tool but they're the nerdiest band ever and have nerdier fans.

Hi, my name is Mariano, and I'm a nerd. :)
  • Options
    Did you REALLY :eek:

what's the big deal? :)
    wah
  • Options
    pjwhipjwhi Posts: 31
    I married a woman who has been to over 40 Hanson concerts, ....

it lasted 7 months.....complete collapse :)

I fucking love that story.... (and it is true) lol
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    $30 pairs of earrings from The Limited. This was in 1986, so I am hoping the SOL has long expired.

I am so ashamed.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    PJwhip wrote:

it lasted 7 months.....complete collapse :)

This deserves a more detailed explanation ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    This deserves a more detailed explanation ;)

ooooh agreed

i've seen the backstreet boys live

omg...

it was awesome, totally possessed
    wah
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    After 10 years of my bf traveling all over creation with me to see PJ he has asked that I make a 9 hour car ride (one way) to see Widespread Panic. I do not want to go!! Not because of the music, I like it alright, I just plain don't want to.
    I could never say it to him. If it wasn't for me insisting on going to Bonnaroo I wouldn't be in this situation!

Maybe by the time October rolls around I will be ready for a road trip. I know I'm being selfish, but today that is my Pearl Jam confession. I take take take and drag people along with me, and then when it's time to pay back I have to go see shows I really don't care that much about....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    ooooh agreed

i've seen the backstreet boys live

omg...

it was awesome, totally possessed

Took my nieces to Jones Beach for the Backstreet boys, My sister and I danced and sang all the stupid songs and the poor girls just stood there with blank looks on their faces. Afterwards, they were talking nonstop about the great time they had at the show.
    See, didn't want to go to that one either (see above WSP post) and had a blast!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Took my nieces to Jones Beach for the Backstreet boys, My sister and I danced and sang all the stupid songs and the poor girls just stood there with blank looks on their faces. Afterwards, they were talking nonstop about the great time they had at the show.
    See, didn't want to go to that one either (see above WSP post) and had a blast!

good work :eek: :D

i honestly had zero expectations for the gig but it kinda just took my friend and i and well.. every other girl our age there by surprise and we literally squeeled the arena down, thinking back i'm so embarrassed but..

i wouldn't have changed a thing haha!
    wah
  • Options
    pjwhipjwhi Posts: 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PJwhip

it lasted 7 months.....complete collapse

This deserves a more detailed explanation

I went to work on a Wednesday...kissed her goodbye and never saw her again!!!!!!!

Love that story too (and it's true).

:)
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I used to like Avril Lavinge.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I was listening to an old man, Gary Puckett, in the nineties instead of pearl jam.
    How embarrassing!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I used to rock the full long johns underneath my shorts.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I once tried on 7 pairs of shorts at the same time in an attempt to look like Jeff.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    iluvcats wrote:
    I was listening to an old man, Gary Puckett, in the nineties instead of pearl jam.
    How embarrassing!

I've seen Gary Puckett live in concert, twice... in the same summer...
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV