Options

Confessions of a Pearl Jam fan

purple_chick79purple_chick79 Posts: 570
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'll go first.

I once bought a Nickelback cd.
Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ouch....how did THAT feel?
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    I'll go first.

shit I'll do ya one better..my bro is an owner of a large sports bar here in denver (gets comped free shit all the time) and I once...."happily took suite tix to a Nickelback show here in CO."
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i really don't like Riot Act...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Seriously..If I had the chance I would whoop the bands ass at horse...I would throw on the the Blaylock throw back and take em' way downtown!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    brainofPJ wrote:

holy shit that is bad (seriously) are you a bigger fan of the very old and/or very new stuff then??
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    brainofPJ wrote:
    if Im honest neither do I, but I got worse...........
  • Options
    MansMans Posts: 57
    elmer wrote:
    if Im honest neither do I, but I got worse...........

Well.....?
    It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ......a good few years back I was wandering about in the city midday prior to getting a train home(a little dazed after a heavy night before). I happened to come across a big HMV and so strolled in without any aim or money to spend only to pass a little time. Chancing randomly across the 'rock and pop' P's section (some force subliminally guided me there perhaps?) I saw what appeared to be a new pj album-a multitude of brown carded cd's under Pearl jam...................to cut this short I discovered the live official bootlegs...............what'd I do? I picked out London, Dublin,Verona, Milan, Manchester and Warsaw ripped the security tags and just charged the fuck out. Yes I did this.......I had never stolen before and was of advanced enough years to know better but......Ive no excuse
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Omarama wrote:
    holy shit that is bad (seriously) are you a bigger fan of the very old and/or very new stuff then??

No Code is the album for me. that came out in '96? i first gave it a 'serious' listen 4 yrs later. by serious i mean straight through. i haven't done that yet with Riot Act yet and it's 4 yrs later...

Binaural also took along time for me to come around to...but that album is freakn brilliant imo...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'll go first.

It pains me to say this... I bought Bon Jovi's new CD last fall. I don't know what I was thinking. To this day it is the only CD that I have ever thrown away in disgust.

I actually kind of liked their stuff up until they came back in 2000. I know, I should be ashamed of myself. I am.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Quiet RhythmQuiet Rhythm Posts: 104
    I listen to underground Hip Hop.

Its NOT like 50 cent or that of that other shit you hear on the radio or see on Tv.

Underground hip hop is more thought out. Lyicists actually write their own stuff and find a nice melody or beat to put with it.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i travelled interstate to see rob thomas... I WIN! ;)
    wah
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i still have a nostalgic fondness for bryan adams and crank up the story whenever i hear summer of 69 or cuts like a knife.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I like bluegrass music. I'm not a big enough fan to know all the bands, etc., but I enjoy going to a good bluegrass fest and spending the afternoon listening to them play.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    i still have a nostalgic fondness for bryan adams and crank up the story whenever i hear summer of 69 or cuts like a knife.
    I would see a doctor about this condition................I have Adam and the Ants songs on the ipod.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I'll go first.

I am afraid our friendship is over ;)

*hides Limp Bizkit cd*
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I have a thing for Top-40 music. Sad. I know.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I own cd's from nickelback, stainD and seether :eek:

I also once saw nickelback in concert :o

So... what do I win? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I have a creed CD :(.
    the first one. someone told me it was good and I bought it.

so sad.
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516

i dig the cuts like a knife video
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options

Honestly...that first one wasn't that bad...it wasn't until the second one where I thought they were comical.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

so sad.

I also bought this CD for the same reason. A year later I found it wedged under the seat of my car. Oddly enough, I never even noticed it was missing until then...
    Show me potato salald!!!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Honestly...that first one wasn't that bad...it wasn't until the second one where I thought they were comical.

PBM

So would you recommend the first one then? I've heard they're a good band and was wondering where I should start.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, yeh yeh I know... I can't talk :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    So would you recommend the first one then? I've heard they're a good band and was wondering where I should start.

My Own Prison, What's This Life For, & One are pretty good tracks.

PBM

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    know1 wrote:
    I like bluegrass music. I'm not a big enough fan to know all the bands, etc., but I enjoy going to a good bluegrass fest and spending the afternoon listening to them play.

Nothing wrong w/ that.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

My co-worker is fond of the Yonder-Mountain String Band...he's given me several Cd's to listen to...not really my thing, but they sound like great musicians.

PBM

• Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i think i will beat all of you with this one.....

i like a certain singer, but do NOT like her performance or the lack of clothing....but i love her voice

Mariah Carey (or is it Mariah Scarey?)

she can sing but she tries too hard in her performance :o

don't hate me.....
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    My co-worker is fond of the Yonder-Mountain String Band...he's given me several Cd's to listen to...not really my thing, but they sound like great musicians.

PBM

WRONG SIDE OF THE STATE BROTHER......

I own a SUV, it is a small one, and pratical for me and my occupation, but it is an SUV nonetheless......:o
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    I have a thing for Top-40 music. Sad. I know.
    you are wrote:
    Mariah Carey

Shake It Off was my favorite from the Mimi Album.

PBM

• Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Shake It Off was my favorite from the Mimi Album.

PBM

thank God i'm not the only one! :D
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all