PEARL JAM IS NOT PLAYING Bonnaroo.....congrats Europe

jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
edited February 2008 in The Porch
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003538219

Pearl Jam Picks Europe Over Bonnaroo

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Pearl Jam will play 13 shows in Europe in June and will not, as has been claimed, appear at this summer's Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn. The band will play six headlining shows and appear at seven festivals, beginning June 8 in Lisbon. The trek runs through June 29 at Belgium's Werchter Festival.

According to a spokesperson, the band, which toured extensively in 2006 in support of their self-titled debut for J Records, has no other shows scheduled for 2007. "Historically, there have been five years or so between our visits to Europe, so it's a treat to go back again so soon," says band manager Kelly Curtis.

There is, however, new Pearl Jam music at radio, in the form of a cover of the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me." As previously reported, the song will appear in the upcoming Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me" and will also serve as the A-side of the holiday single sent to members of Pearl Jam's Ten Club fan organization.

Ten Club members will get first crack at tickets via a pre-sale, via which some shows begin going on sale today (Jan. 26). General public onsales and opening acts have yet to be announced. According to the band's Web site, the entire floor area for a June 18 gig at London's Wembley Arena will be reserved for fan club members.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lol. im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. since its monday and all...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Freaking deja vu all over again!!!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    bit of an old story... jan 2007............;)
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    What will be the main headline thread tomorrow, Nixon Resigns, or Man Lands on Moon?
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    sorry if this was posted, I didnt even look
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003538219

Pearl Jam Picks Europe Over Bonnaroo

January 26, 2007, 10:15 AM ET
    Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Pearl Jam will play 13 shows in Europe in June and will not, as has been claimed, appear at this summer's Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn. The band will play six headlining shows and appear at seven festivals, beginning June 8 in Lisbon. The trek runs through June 29 at Belgium's Werchter Festival.

According to a spokesperson, the band, which toured extensively in 2006 in support of their self-titled debut for J Records, has no other shows scheduled for 2007. "Historically, there have been five years or so between our visits to Europe, so it's a treat to go back again so soon," says band manager Kelly Curtis.

There is, however, new Pearl Jam music at radio, in the form of a cover of the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me." As previously reported, the song will appear in the upcoming Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me" and will also serve as the A-side of the holiday single sent to members of Pearl Jam's Ten Club fan organization.

Ten Club members will get first crack at tickets via a pre-sale, via which some shows begin going on sale today (Jan. 26). General public onsales and opening acts have yet to be announced. According to the band's Web site, the entire floor area for a June 18 gig at London's Wembley Arena will be reserved for fan club members.

Yeah, I remember reading that.... LAST YEAR!!!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    umm this story is a year old, see how it talks about PJ's song love reign over me appearing in that movie...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

darkcrow wrote:
    bit of an old story... jan 2007............;)

shhhhhh!!!!! I wanted to freak out the freaks hehe
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    sorry if this was posted, I didnt even look

oh dont apologize. its just that, as someone mentioned, its a year old.
    I miss you hippiemom.
    lol. im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. since its monday and all...

damnit I wanted to post without the date just to fuck with peeps but I fucked that up
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    damnit I wanted to post without the date just to fuck with peeps but I fucked that up

C-
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Ohthankgawd! I almost swore.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird