Options

brutal honesty

2»

Comments

• Options
    i'd rather hear the brutal honesty, instead of someone dancing aroudn the truth.

my ex did that to me and i will never forgive her for it. she is coward for not wanting to give me the truth.

just gimme some truth!
    ok then....

here is some brutal honesty.....

YOU FUCKING NEED TO GET OVER HER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe.........

just being honest....hehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ok then....

here is some brutal honesty.....

YOU FUCKING NEED TO GET OVER HER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe.........

just being honest....hehe

you are being honest, and that is the truth.

i realize this and i'm sure you know, its always easier said than done.

i'm starting to get my priorities straight again, but my quest for the truth from her probably wont end anytime soon.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I've been told I'm TOO honest by my own mother. I think she means that sometimes I'm brutally honest.

To me it's a last straw kind of thing. I try to be nice, sugar-coat things or make subtle hints. But, sometimes, I get so entirely fed up with somebody not getting the point that I just want to bash their head in - and I do it in words.

I'm not big on name calling, just absolute "Here's how I see it, Dipshit."

- Okay, so maybe there is some minor name calling. ;)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    people don't like it at all..they rather you feed them bullshit.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    people don't like it at all..they rather you feed them bullshit.

You don't have to be feeding someone bullshit just to be nice!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I don't know if I'm all for the honesty thing.........Brutality, yes.
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    I think it has a lot to do with the 'intent' of the person dishing out the information...

If you are expressing 'your opinion' to someone with the intent to 'hurt' them... I think it's best to hold your breath...

If you feel you can actually help someone by opening their eyes to something they are unable or afraid to see... in hopes of helping them... that's a different story...
    Absolutely, I've known some brutally honest people who I've loved... If I wanted a genuinely honest answer I'd ask them. Even if I didn't want it, I appreciated it cos I know there was no badness in what they had to say and that they were saying something to help me.

And then I've known some assholes...
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i suppose if people are brutally honest then it only hurts if you know they are right... otherwise why get annoyed about it?
    See I think of brutal honesty as somebody who always tells the truth no matter how bad it is. I like it! I can see why many don't! but I don't think a brutally honest person equates to being an arsehole. Yep, there are arseholes and there are brutally honest people and sometimes the two cross over... but they're not always the same.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I've been told I'm TOO honest by my own mother. I think she means that sometimes I'm brutally honest.

To me it's a last straw kind of thing. I try to be nice, sugar-coat things or make subtle hints. But, sometimes, I get so entirely fed up with somebody not getting the point that I just want to bash their head in - and I do it in words.

I'm not big on name calling, just absolute "Here's how I see it, Dipshit."

- Okay, so maybe there is some minor name calling. ;)
    :) some people may prefer you leave out the 'dipshit' but the 'here's how I see it' part is excellent.

Am I the only person who loves these kinds of people? :o

In saying that though, I like to think I can judge if people can take it/want it or not. If I don't think they can take it or if I think they just want me to be nice, well then I'll be nice (which does often unfortunately involve bending the truth) but there are plenty other people who if they ask me a question, they're gonna get an honest answer... so think twice before you ask if your bum looks big :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    There have been a few times when people have tried to hide their true feelings in an attempt to "protect" me or not "hurt" me and in the end they've done so anyway and it has been a lot worse for the lack of honesty so I can see the worth in some brutal honesty every now and then. brutal is better than not at all.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    I quite often keep my mouth shut unless I think something really needs to be said - if it's important, otherwise, why bother?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i was brutally honest with my younger brother when i told him he wasn't invited to my wedding.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks