"you look too young to have a child."

Comments

• that's awesome....don't take it for granted though...I have friends who tell me about how much daycare costs!!!! You've got a good thing going sounds like.
    I'll watch my niece and nephew overnight every once in a blue moon, and it reminds me that I'm not ready for kiddies just yet.

Oh we don't. TRust me. When I first became pregnant, we lived in Chicago and I had planned to continue working so we looked into it, and daycare was going to cost us around 1000 a month for a newborn. :eek: :eek: :eek:

We could have gotten our daughter her own studio apartment in our neighborhood for less. :D
  • Allie wrote:
    hee hee. kentucky is too far away! But thanks, I appreciate it!

and cool, a fellow pisces! And the same day! Wow. That's cool! what is your sign?

Aquarius. February is an expensive month for us....My B-day, then Valentines Day, and then her B-day. Another couple we hang with has b-days Feb. 6th, and 11th....so we usually all go out for a blowout party in mid Feb for all of our b-days.

And as for my friend...please come get him....he's asleep on my couch right now!
    "It's all happening"
  • Oh we don't. TRust me. When I first became pregnant, we lived in Chicago and I had planned to continue working so we looked into it, and daycare was going to cost us around 1000 a month for a newborn. :eek: :eek: :eek:

We could have gotten our daughter her own studio apartment in our neighborhood for less. :D

That's nuts....we're gonna have to revert to the days of stay at home parents in the near future. I don't see how non-college grads can afford kids any more.
    "It's all happening"
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Aquarius. February is an expensive month for us....My B-day, then Valentines Day, and then her B-day. Another couple we hang with has b-days Feb. 6th, and 11th....so we usually all go out for a blowout party in mid Feb for all of our b-days.

And as for my friend...please come get him....he's asleep on my couch right now!
    lol, you're funny! Why is on your couch, he doesn't have a job?!

Oh wow, that's like how my stepfather and my mother were-his was Jan.26th and my Mom's is Feb. 3rd
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

im an aquarius. we rule!!!:D:D

my b'day is on the 11th. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Allie wrote:
    lol, you're funny! Why is on your couch, he doesn't have a job?!

he just had shoulder surgery, and can't drive for a few weeks, and has been crashing here for a bit. I take him to Physical Therapy a couple times a week. I kick him out on the weekends though....got have my time off with wifey ya know.
    "It's all happening"
  • That's nuts....we're gonna have to revert to the days of stay at home parents in the near future. I don't see how non-college grads can afford kids any more.

It blows my mind. I'd like to have another one soon, but I can't imagine how we'd afford it. And yet, people that make less than my husband are popping out kids right and left.
  • im an aquarius. we rule!!!:D:D

Actually, I kinda suck.
    "It's all happening"
  • It blows my mind. I'd like to have another one soon, but I can't imagine how we'd afford it. And yet, people that make less than my husband are popping out kids right and left.

That's why you/we can't afford it....we're too busy paying for all these other kids. I better go to bed....I feel a political rant...and I don't feel like moving over the Moving Train Forum this late.
    "It's all happening"
  • That's why you/we can't afford it....we're too busy paying for all these other kids. I better go to bed....I feel a political rant...and I don't feel like moving over the Moving Train Forum this late.

lol... :D I hear ya. ;)
    Actually, I kinda suck.

nope sorry. that is not possible. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    he just had shoulder surgery, and can't drive for a few weeks, and has been crashing here for a bit. I take him to Physical Therapy a couple times a week. I kick him out on the weekends though....got have my time off with wifey ya know.
    aw

what so you want me to play the nurse maid or something?! :)

and lol
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    im an aquarius. we rule!!!:D:D

I think that's Jennifer Aniston's b-day too? Or the 12th or something like that?

I'd beg to differ on whether or not you rule but you know us Pisces are so sensitive and whatnot :P I could never say I rule. I'd just say I'm kinda nifty :D
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • im an aquarius. we rule!!!:D:D

As a fellow aquarian...I concur. My b-day is the 16th. :D
    Allie wrote:
    I think that's Jennifer Aniston's b-day too? Or the 12th or something like that?

I'd beg to differ on whether or not you rule but you know us Pisces are so sensitive and whatnot :P I could never say I rule. I'd just say I'm kinda nifty :D

well i cant help it if you pisces cant make up your mind. alls i know is i totally rule...except those moments when i don't. ;):D:p

and yes jennifer aniston's b'day is the 11th.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well i cant help it if you pisces cant make up your mind. alls i know is i totally rule...except those moments when i don't. ;):D:p

and yes jennifer aniston's b'day is the 11th.
    LOL!!

oh ok. neat!

George Harrison's b-day was Feb.25th.

I can make up my mind, most of the time! I just wouldn't say I rule. I rock. I would say that I rock :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    LOL!!

oh ok. neat!

George Harrison's b-day was Feb.25th.

I can make up my mind, most of the time! I just wouldn't say I rule. I rock. I would say that I rock :)

i rock and rule!! :D:D:p

james dean's was feb 8th.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i rock and rule!! :D:D:p

james dean's was feb 8th.
    hah!

and Wow! Cool!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    hah!

and Wow! Cool!

ah i'm cracking myself up today. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ah i'm cracking myself up today. :D
    you're spot on though! It's a good day! :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    you're spot on though! It's a good day! :)

yeah im having a good day today. my tense meter isnt registering at all. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I went to some training for a new part-time job I am starting, and while making small talk with a couple of the people training me, I mentioned my daughter. one of the women looked at me and said in a very matter-of-fact way, "You look too young to have a child."

Huh? :D

I responded with "well...I'm 27..."

She also glanced down at my left hand as she said it, and I think she was checking for rings (which I happened to not be wearing...)

Maybe she was just trying to flatter me, or something, but what a weird comment to make...lol.
    I dont see it as a weird comment. Her ideals dictated that childrearing is better done by mature, married people.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I dont see it as a weird comment. Her ideals dictated that childrearing is better done by mature, married people.

and it's impossible for a 27 year old woman to be mature and married? even if her ideals are thus, does that give her a right to take shots at a young mother? what if she WAS 18 and single? should she be made to feel even more shitty and insecure than she already was?

i dont know why i'm asking, i know what you answer is.
  • and it's impossible for a 27 year old woman to be mature and married?
    not if she looks say, 18
  • and it's impossible for a 27 year old woman to be mature and married? even if her ideals are thus, does that give her a right to take shots at a young mother? what if she WAS 18 and single? should she be made to feel even more shitty and insecure than she already was?

if she was 18 and single I doubt she would be feeling "shitty and insecure" because most likely she would have a chip on her shoulder and exhibit an attitude of arrogance and entitlement to prove herself right in getting pregnant at 18 and unmarried
  • and it's impossible for a 27 year old woman to be mature and married? even if her ideals are thus, does that give her a right to take shots at a young mother? what if she WAS 18 and single? should she be made to feel even more shitty and insecure than she already was?

I'm glad that at least some people understand where I'm coming from with this. :)

And yeah...why bother? ;)
  • if she was 18 and single I doubt she would be feeling "shitty and insecure" because most likely she would have a chip on her shoulder and exhibit an attitude of arrogance and entitlement to prove herself right in getting pregnant at 18 and unmarried

This comment is so totally ignorant and judgemental that I am quoting it just in case you later realize how ignorant it is and decide to edit it. :)
  • not if she looks say, 18

It's impossible for a 27 yr old woman to be mature and married if she looks young? How's that?
  • It's impossible for a 27 yr old woman to be mature and married if she looks young? How's that?
    Sit down JLo so you can absorb the actual comment. I know its hard. But the woman mistakenly thought she was younger than she really was and made a comment, albeit tactless. No harm, no foul.
  • This comment is so totally ignorant and judgemental that I am quoting it just in case you later realize how ignorant it is and decide to edit it. :)
    Nope, I always stand by my comments and opinions. But thanks for the concern.
This discussion has been closed.