Options

I need a new digital camera...

2»

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, I got the black one. It is a tad bigger than the thin pocket cameras, but I like it because I can wrap my hands around it. I feel I have more to hold onto, versus the thin ones I feel as though they are gonne slip outta my hands.

The 6X optical zoom is what really sold me. And I liked that it came in black.

Plus, I got it for free through my work's "Spirit of Excellence Points" program.

Great. Do you have any examples of photos you can share please?

I'm in the market for a small point and shoot and I've had my eye on this one but not sure of how it is in reality.

Not to hijack this thread or anything!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Canon and Nikon are the best brands.

for $100 though?...can't help you aside from which brands to buy (get a Canon btw...)

...happy hunting.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i see he took my advice...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    pjtaper wrote:
    My digital camera fell 2 feet from my computer desk onto the carpet and now the LCD screen is broken, SO...
    I need to get a new camera... I'm not looking for anything too crazy, been looking around Overstock.com. I want to spend $100, since I break or lose my cameras quite often...
    Anyone have any recommendations?

yeah, disposable cameras. My camera on Halloween asked me if I wanted to delete one or all (100)of my pictures and I distinctly remember saying one but the bastard thing took all 100 of mine away........my first vacation alone with my kids this summer and all of the other things I can't replace like my daughter's horse show when she won first place a month ago...man I was really bummed out. There are so many things that we have lost recently and these pictures were like losing the memories we made for ourselves this year. So whatever kind you buy, take my advice and download or print the photos right away. The lesson I learned were very expensive.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Great. Do you have any examples of photos you can share please?

I'm in the market for a small point and shoot and I've had my eye on this one but not sure of how it is in reality.

Not to hijack this thread or anything!
    Here's a pic at high res: http://folks.harbornet.com/ledjam/P1030189.JPG
    Here's a pic at lower res: http://folks.harbornet.com/ledjam/P1030186.JPG
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Ooh thanks for posting! Even the low-res one is really good quality. I'm impressed. Nice pics too - where were they taken out of interest? nice place!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Ooh thanks for posting! Even the low-res one is really good quality. I'm impressed. Nice pics too - where were they taken out of interest? nice place!
    I took them from the rooftop of the parking gargage that I park in, which is across the street from the office building I work in. That's downtown Tacoma, WA.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    If you haven't bought a new camera yet..........

Staples.com has the Kodak EasyShare C613 Digital Camera + Epson Stylus R280 Photo Printer for a good deal.

Camera has a rating of 4/5 from 11 reviews

Pricegrabber Price for Camera : $96 ~ $128 Shipped
    Pricegrabber Price for Printer : $75 ~ $142 Shipped

1. Go to eBay and purchase a Staples $30 off $150 coupon ( Search "staples 30 150 coupon")
    2. Kodak C613 Digital Camera : $99.98
    3. Epson Stylus R280 Printer : $99.98
    4. Auto Coupon : -$25
    5. Apply $30 off $150 coupon
    6. Digital Camera Rebate : -$25.00 ( Exp : 11/30/07 )
    7. Digital Camera Rebate : -$30.00 ( Exp : 11/24/07 )
    8. Combo Rebate : -$75.00 ( Exp : 12/31/07 )
    Final Price : $14.96 Shipped After Rebate + Cost of Coupon
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i bought a Canon Powershot A550 a couple of weeks ago and i LOVE it. It far surpasses the Kodak camera i had. i love the 4x optical zoom, and it's 7.1 megapixel.

I highly recommend it.

I paid $160 here in Canada, so i would imagine it would be cheaper in the States (since we still can't buy all things at par in Canada yet).
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    pjtaper wrote:

Circuit City had a special yesterday. $149 for this canon.

unfortunately my wife wanted to go to best buy first...they had the same camera on "sale" for $188. by the time we made it to cc they were all gone.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks