Is it me?

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
So my friend married a guy who owns a frame company. Now every time I purchase a frame from anywhere other than him, I am told I am rude.

I really do not care for the frames his company offers - they are not my taste. She is all annoyed b/c I bought a frame in Target this weekend.

Girls can be really annoying......guys would never get pissy over this ridiculous nonsense.

Is it me? Or should I feel bound for life to buy all my frames from her husband?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So my friend married a guy who owns a frame company. Now every time I purchase a frame from anywhere other than him, I am told I am rude.

I really do not care for the frames his company offers - they are not my taste. She is all annoyed b/c I bought a frame in Target this weekend.

Girls can be really annoying......guys would never get pissy over this ridiculous nonsense.

Is it me? Or should I feel bound for life to buy all my frames from her husband?

I don't think it's a girl thing.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    its you

:)

no seriously, thats ridiculous and petty if she got mad at you.
    Perhaps she was just venting.
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I don't think it's a girl thing.

Agreed, because I'm a girl and I think your friend is being silly. Why should you only go through that guy? To get mad because you go somewhere else is just very petty.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I get this response:

You are so RUDE. Target? Pleeeeassseeee. You can find Lawrence Frames in Fortunoff.

I held back from saying "well la-dee-da.....Fortunoff can keep those cheesy frames"

Just petty/caddy BS.
    I'm a girl too - I just find that guys do not get like this.

Trust me, I am not putting us down. GIRLS RULE :)
  • I get this response:

You are so RUDE. Target? Pleeeeassseeee. You can find Lawrence Frames in Fortunoff.

I held back from saying "well la-dee-da.....Fortunoff can keep those cheesy frames"

Just petty/caddy BS.
    well you should say she's rude... cos if they insist a friend shops in there to help their profit... well really she's rude for not giving you a SUBSTANTIAL discount. Say you didn't want to say before but that you were kinda offended by not getting them free :D turn it back on her.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Well, I've never bought a frame before, so I don't know, but I'm guess Target would be a lot more reasonable in terms of price than a frame shop? I guess you could always cite that as a reason? Who knows, maybe your friend would give you a discount, although if the quality is bad at that store, it might not be worth it. But I still think your friend is being silly! :p
    well you should say she's rude... cos if they insist a friend shops in there to help their profit... well really she's rude for not giving you a SUBSTANTIAL discount. Say you didn't want to say before but that you were kinda offended by not getting them free :D turn it back on her.

HA! I like that :)
  • HA! I like that :)
    :D well it's throwing something equally stupid back at her. And if she gets annoyed just laugh calmly and say 'but that's how you're sounding... you're basically expecting me to give you money but see how stupid it sounds when it's put the other way around. I'd love to help you and your business out but if it's not practical for me well I can't do it, so please stop taking offense. If I opened a hair salon and my styles weren't your kinda styles, would you feel obliged to send business my way?'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So my friend married a guy who owns a frame company. Now every time I purchase a frame from anywhere other than him, I am told I am rude.

no not weird or rude i hate when people do that i have afriend who sells life insurance, and got annoyed that i didn't purchase from him specially since i allready had purchased before he started to sell ,if it's not to your liking don't buy frames from the friend ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    theres always the excuse I use,

not a good idea to mix friendship and business
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    eh, people are petty like that.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    How often do you buy frames?

Send her a pic of you two in a frame from somewhere else.
    Rygar wrote:

LOL that would be funny. :)

I wondered that too; I don't think I've ever bought a frame.
    I buy a frame every year I get my son's school picture or if I am giving a picture for a gift.

What do you guy's put your pictures in? lol :)
    Rygar wrote:

brilliant!
    I buy a frame every year I get my son's school picture or if I am giving a picture for a gift.

What do you guy's put your pictures in? lol :)

I don't. I mean if someone gives me a photo with a frame, great, if not, I just stick it up somewhere on my dresser or something. Most of my photos are online.
  • Say "hey...yo... you're cramping my style already with the frames and now again with the complaining."

...and then toss in a quick pimp slap. You could say "Sucka!" at that point it really depends...

(all of that advice is optional).
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • One of my best friends is a barber.

He isn't my barber.

His girlfriend HATES that, and gets mad whenever I say im going to get a haircut.

He could care less.

Girls...
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Get_Right wrote:
    theres always the excuse I use,

not a good idea to mix friendship and business

that is a great motto to follow along with don't have any family members do work for you specially if it involves $$$$$$ bad idea ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I get this response:

Just petty/caddy BS.
    Fortunoff??? We're talking about Fortunoff here???
    I have a gf that cuts hair and I don't go to her. I did once. :o So did alot of my friends. :o
    And I always have the friends sending me invites for those parties with the jewelry or the candles. Enough already. And I have a friend that sells Arbonne...it never ends.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Fuck her..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Fortunoff??? We're talking about Fortunoff here???
    I have a gf that cuts hair and I don't go to her. I did once. :o So did alot of my friends. :o
    And I always have the friends sending me invites for those parties with the jewelry or the candles. Enough already. And I have a friend that sells Arbonne...it never ends.

I DESPISE those parties......that's what happens to bored suburban housewives who are not into Pearl Jam ;)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I DESPISE those parties......that's what happens to bored suburban housewives who are not into Pearl Jam ;)
    Yeah!
    I remember when I was getting all set to go out to Lolla and they were all like WOW! I can't believe it.
    What? Stop sitting around on your duffs and ordering the same overpriced pyramid scheme garbage. I just make up an excuse of go for some wine. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    That's crazy. You shouldn't have to feel obligated to buy his frame if you don't like them. Your friend is being unreasonable.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.