Options

The nicest thing someone has done for you

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I thought w/Thanksgiving around the corner it would be nice to have a thread discussing the kindest things people have done for you and that you are thankful for.

I have 2 that stick out:

1- My friend surprised me at Boston 2 '06 w/5th row dead center seats. I decided to go to this show the day before, met up w/him there and he made me think our seats were crappy. I never had seats that good before w/the exception of Uniondale '03 (3rd row) where I broke my leg and missed the show :( He wanted me to never have to feel bad about that again. How great is that?

2 - The 1st Valentine's Day after I got separated my friend's husband sent me flowers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    In college, my mountain bike was stolen and my friends all chipped in whatever they had to buy me a new bike that was at a garage sale. It was the ugliest bicycle you have ever seen, but my favorite ever.
    Well, except for the awesome cruiser I have now...but that other bicycle was pure love.

PS-Target has santa costumes for pets! lol For ten dollars you can teach that cat lesson. lol
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    what a lovely thread :)

i'll have to think about this, which is a very fortunate thing i figure, as i've had some really kind things done for me.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    TrixieCat wrote:
    PS-Target has santa costumes for pets! lol For ten dollars you can teach that cat lesson. lol

heh heh...thanks for the head's up - esp. after he sat at the vet's like a perfect gentlemen allowing him to cut all of his nails and give him 2 shots - meanwhile for me to cut 1 nail I need to wrap him up in a towel while he hisses and bites me.....he'll get his!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    great idea for a thread

besides the numerous times my friends have bailed me out of precarious situations, I am at a loss

karma shmarma

bout time some came back my way
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    wow. its hard to list just one. like chiqster, ive hadd ALOT of nice things done for me.

~one off the top of my head is someone from here made me a 3 disc collection of nothing but EVENFLOWs from various shows!!!!

~being taken to hawaii for my bday last year

~letting me go

thee nicest thing anyones EVER done for me that stands out above the rest is a friend from here was there when SURFER my doggie died. :( I couldnt share the news or exxxperience with anyone else. not even my fam. i was in a bind & she let me use her car several times to take SURF with me places. The day he died, i let her see me cry & i dont do that. she helped me so much in that moment & i wont EVER forget it. She no longer speaks to me becuz of false information but it still does not change the fact that this act of kindness stands out beyond anything anyone could ever do and i am eternally greatful. My SURFER meant everything to me.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SENROCK! wrote:
    wow. its hard to list just one. like chiqster, ive hadd ALOT of nice things done for me.

~one off the top of my head is someone from here made me a 3 disc collection of nothing but EVENFLOWs from various shows!!!!

~letting me go

thee nicest thing anyones EVER done for me that stands out above the rest is a friend from here was there when SURFER my doggie died. :( I couldnt share the news or exxxperience with anyone else. not even my fam. i was in a bind & she let me use her car several times to take SURF with me places. The day he died, i let her see me cry & i dont do that. she helped me so much in that moment & i wont EVER forget it. She no longer speaks to me becuz of false information but it still does not change the fact that this act of kindness stands out beyond anything anyone could ever do and i am eternally greatful. My SURFER meant everything to me.
    nice story Sen ;) Sorry about your dog, but it is nice that you have friends that care that much :)
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    someone on here hooked me up with a Boston 06 poster after i missed the sale

someone else hooked me up with a trade for a Boston 98 poster

i am thankful for you two ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Wow....I don't know what to say about this thread.

On Tuesday, my buddy called in sick to work to hang out when the girl broke it off with me...because he knows how shitty those first few hours are.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    Ed & Jeff presented me with a little gift, "Bee Girl".
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

~letting me go

The nicest things are usually the gift of time and a shoulder to cry on.
    It says alot about you as a person that you have friends like that. And you seem like someone that doesn't take that for granted. I bet many people have the same types of stories to tell about your kindness.
  • Options
    I went to the dentist today and he did an x-ray, gave me antibiotics, and only charged me $30. That was nice. Even nicer- he offered to do my root canal for a shockingly low $550! :) Nice people do exist!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    This is a great thread :D

I have had many a nice thing done for me... I am a lucky girl I guess.

After my cat died some friends bought me a kitten, that kitten was my cat Sammy whom I was lucky to have for eleven years :)

Once because I complained to a friend that I never got flowers( what with me being habitually single :( :p ) weeks later out of the blue she sent me a wonderful bouquet while I was at work :) I still have the card.

I also had someone clear out my driveway for free after a HUGE storm... I didn't know him but I asked if I could hire him and he did it for free!! Amazing.

I am sorry if I have forgotten anyone or left anyone out from here because I know that people on here have also done VERY nice things for me...
  • Options
    A recent nicety:

I was substitute teaching and the sub who, on the previous day, had taught the class I currently had came into my classroom before the bell to talk to me. It was a horrible class and she wanted to give me a heads-up and some pointers. It was really nice of her. Then, mid-afternoon, she surprises everyone by walking into my classroom. She currently had a prep period and decided to help me out. Regular teachers plan, mark, call parents, etc. during prep periods, but substitutes get them off. So, she could have done whatever she wanted for the period, and she decided to come help me out. It was a totally awesome thing for her to do, and she did it for someone she had just met that morning. Anyone who has substituted can appreciate this. I like to think of myself as a thoughtful and kind person, but I don't know if I would have even thought to do that.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    In college, my mountain bike was stolen and my friends all chipped in whatever they had to buy me a new bike that was at a garage sale. It was the ugliest bicycle you have ever seen, but my favorite ever.
    Well, except for the awesome cruiser I have now...but that other bicycle was pure love.

Was this the bike that you screamed at the perps? LOL! Love that story! As far as something nice being done for me is the countless people who sent either freebies or were willing to do B&P's for the greatest PJ shows on DVD over at RM. Thanks to all of them. I've tried to return the favor when I can.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I thought w/Thanksgiving around the corner it would be nice to have a thread discussing the kindest things people have done for you and that you are thankful for.

I have 2 that stick out:

1- My friend surprised me at Boston 2 '06 w/5th row dead center seats. I decided to go to this show the day before, met up w/him there and he made me think our seats were crappy. I never had seats that good before w/the exception of Uniondale '03 (3rd row) where I broke my leg and missed the show :( He wanted me to never have to feel bad about that again. How great is that?

2 - The 1st Valentine's Day after I got separated my friend's husband sent me flowers.

someone hooked me up with a ticket to the cornice screening in NYC
    ;)
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Was this the bike that you screamed at the perps? LOL! Love that story! As far as something nice being done for me is the countless people who sent either freebies or were willing to do B&P's for the greatest PJ shows on DVD over at RM. Thanks to all of them. I've tried to return the favor when I can.
    lol..no..that was another bicycle. This one was actually locked up. My beloved Specialized Rock Hopper....sigh...
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    The tires on my car were BALD, i mean like really really BALD!! I have about a 50 mile commute to work round trip daily and I can barely afford gas right now, let alone tires...... I'm Broke, Broker than Broke...........a certain someone that loves EVENFLOW here on this board, said she'd shop around for some tires for me since I didn't have time to call around for a deal. She found a deal but the only problem was that this place would close before I could get there after work. She offered to take me to work and then take my car in for tires. I thought that was awesome, she was doing me such a huge favor, taking it in for me and me not having to worry about getting there during working hours. So, she calls me and say's my car is all done with new tires.....i ask her the damage so I can get some cash out of the ATM........."DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, IT'S ON ME -and another special person"
    Holy cow..........I'm so grateful I can't even express it! So then she picks me up from work and she EVEN WASHED MY FILTHY CAR!!
    WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that was a super EVENFLOW WAH for SENROCK!! You rule!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol..no..that was another bicycle. This one was actually locked up. My beloved Specialized Rock Hopper....sigh...

You've had two bikes stolen?!? Note to self, never go on a bike excursion with TC.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You've had two bikes stolen?!? Note to self, never go on a bike excursion with TC.
    Good advice, as I have had 3 stolen.
    :o

PjPIxie....awesome story...she is a good girl, that senrock
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    One time in college I broke my hand/wrist. Then I went out and sprained the other one trying to play volleyball. I couldn't even pull my pants down to go to the bathroom. I'm thankful for those girls who were there to help. :p
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    One time in college I broke my hand/wrist. Then I went out and sprained the other one trying to play volleyball. I couldn't even pull my pants down to go to the bathroom. I'm thankful for those girls who were there to help. :p

Didn't you go to an all boys school?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    i had some wonderful people on this board hook me up with $1000 tickets to see pearl jam and robert plant at the house of blues.....

FOR FREE!!!!

then i won 2 tickets for the same show thru the 10club contest.....

so it turned out that 4 of us got in to that show for free......

very cool........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Yesterday, I was writing on msn with a Swedish friend of mine, told him how I don't want tomorrow (today) be tomorrow and that I was actually pretty scared and everything.
    This morning, I got a text message, asking me how the day went and that he hopes it's fine.

It's probably not the nicest thing someone has EVER done for me, and it's not very classical. But well, this meant much to me and it cheered me up quite a lot, so I thought I'd share anyways. I know a lot of people who would've not even thought of doing that, so I was really... touched.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJPixie wrote:
    The tires on my car were BALD, i mean like really really BALD!! I have about a 50 mile commute to work round trip daily and I can barely afford gas right now, let alone tires...... I'm Broke, Broker than Broke...........a certain someone that loves EVENFLOW here on this board, said she'd shop around for some tires for me since I didn't have time to call around for a deal. She found a deal but the only problem was that this place would close before I could get there after work. She offered to take me to work and then take my car in for tires. I thought that was awesome, she was doing me such a huge favor, taking it in for me and me not having to worry about getting there during working hours. So, she calls me and say's my car is all done with new tires.....i ask her the damage so I can get some cash out of the ATM........."DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, IT'S ON ME -and another special person"
    Holy cow..........I'm so grateful I can't even express it! So then she picks me up from work and she EVEN WASHED MY FILTHY CAR!!
    WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that was a super EVENFLOW WAH for SENROCK!! You rule!!

hahahahahaha i love ya pixxx!!!!

i was also gonna come in here & say that pixxxie has been MORE than nice for letting me crash her house when i NEEDED to be away. in return, i will cook fancy dinners soon! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    a few christmas's ago my girlfriend at the time painted me this giant oil on canvas painting. the central figure is the back of a naked woman sitting down, white & kind of ghostly. the background is black & scrawled over in white are the entire lyrics to black.

she is a creative girl but more with photography, not really paint so it was such a surprise. it's perfect, thoughtful & hand crafted. she's also a solo mum that was working a full-time job, so god only knows when she found the time. it's the most touching gift anybody has ever given me & it'll stay on my wall for the rest of my days i expect. for all of her issues, she is an amazing girl.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    1) i mentioned to a friend of mine here on the board that i was missing a Toronto 06 Dragon poster from my collection - i had been at the show and missed the sale.... and she said she had a spare one, and she just gave it to me! she GAVE me a Toronto 06 Dragon poster! :D along with a 'spare' Flight to Mars t-shirt autographed by Mike McCready.... she knows how much i love those two things!! :p

2) in university, i broke up with my boyfriend right before my birthday, so on my birthday, my roommate suprised me with a beautiful candlelight dinner and a trip out to the bar for drinks afterwards.... he was the best! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    PJPixie wrote:

This is outstanding.
    It is truely a fantastic story.
    Very impressive.
    I haven't read all these posts yet so
    their may be others just as bad-ass as this.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    i had some wonderful people on this board hook me up with $1000 tickets to see pearl jam and robert plant at the house of blues.....

FOR FREE!!!!

then i won 2 tickets for the same show thru the 10club contest.....

so it turned out that 4 of us got in to that show for free......

very cool........
    You were actually randomly nice to me one time here. :)
    I am sure you don't remember, but someone was giving me a hard time and you pm'd me out of the blue. I don't think I even talked to you yet.
    That meant alot to me Speedy and I will always remember that.
    Thank you friend. :)
  • Options
    1.) CHANGEinWAVES taking me to lollapalooza paying for my ticket, airfare, and hotel ...it was the best birthday present ever :)

2.) my parents paying for me to go to hawaii
  • Options
    I want to thank the one who took care of the fact I have a good life and don't have to worry about things like food or where to sleep......