Options

Anyone going to be waiting in line to get into stores at 5 AM???

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Get a fucking life!

lol, sorry.. I still have a shitty retail related job and have to wake up in 4 hours just to satisfy your materialistic needs.. I have a feeling I might get an hour or two of sleep tonight.. Seriously the family that lives right above me is having a gymnastics tournament or something right now.. I'll just finish this bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and everything will be fine..

I'm going to make it my goal in life to have a job where I get this time off next year..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    not 5 but maybe 10......circuit city is giving away an extra wireless remote with the xbox....bestbuy is giving away a free guitar hero...but each store only gets 12...... the ad didn't give a limit to the wireless give away:)
  • Options
    5am is to early to be thinking, I can't imagine shopping at 5am
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    i'd be happy if i could just fall asleep, fuck being at a store :(
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i'd be happy if i could just fall asleep, fuck being at a store :(

no shit, this is the third night in a row that i haven't been able to sleep so once again i'll be lucky to get in three hours.

it's Buy Nothing Day. a holiday that i celebrate many times over through out the year. ;) I'd rather be tortured than go to the mall on a slow day let alone when it's the busiest shopping day of the year....yuck
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    There are stores that opened up at 4am. Fucking insane if you ask me.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Get a fucking life!

lol, sorry.. I still have a shitty retail related job and have to wake up in 4 hours just to satisfy your materialistic needs.. I have a feeling I might get an hour or two of sleep tonight.. Seriously the family that lives right above me is having a gymnastics tournament or something right now.. I'll just finish this bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and everything will be fine..

I'm going to make it my goal in life to have a job where I get this time off next year..

hehe, i want to see those nutters who shop at 5 am, maybe they are sleepwalkers ;):D

Cabernet Sauvignon - oh maaannnn, that sounds amazing! it sounds like expensive bottle of wine. So i'm going to go now and check out what it is.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    damn you! it is a good wine!! to bad i'm not into wines
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    genie wrote:
    hehe, i want to see those nutters who shop at 5 am, maybe they are sleepwalkers ;):D

Cabernet Sauvignon - oh maaannnn, that sounds amazing! it sounds like expensive bottle of wine. So i'm going to go now and check out what it is.

those idiots in this country do that at the Next sales... i've come stumbling out of clubs and there queuing up ready for the big sales :rolleyes:

as for Cab Sauv... its just a type of wine/grape, you can get cheap versions and you can get expensive... Bulgarian Cab Sauv is about £3 a bottle... whereas a nice French one will be closer to £10 (and much much more obviously!)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    im at work right now.......so no.

and even if i wasn't.......no way in hell!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    i have to work today...

i wouldnt have gotten up early to go shopping anyways.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    if i wasn't working i'd still be buried under the nice warm blankets, no doubt.

i seriously don't understand the madness, i'll gladly pay $10 more
    for something on monday. its just not worth the hassle.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    not 5 but maybe 10......circuit city is giving away an extra wireless remote with the xbox....bestbuy is giving away a free guitar hero...but each store only gets 12...... the ad didn't give a limit to the wireless give away:)

I got to best buy at like noon and omg they still had the guitar hero II so I got it there....I went over to circut city anyway to see what games were on sale there but they only had two cash registers so I left....

this is for my niece...now I'm so excited about chirstmas...I can't wait to play it
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Let me think about it...NEVER.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Just a bunch of 5am kooks buying useless shit they don't need.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    No work for me today so I slept until noon. It felt AMAZING!

Waiting in line for free shit and deals is not my idea of fun. I'd spend the extra money NOT having to deal with that!
  • Options
    i heard on the news one guy was waiting outside a best buy since 2am *yesterday* morning, and another went in the afternoon yesterday. so that m eans they missed out on thanksgiving with their families/friends altogether? geez.

and yeah i think it'll be midnight sales soon enough. i feel bad for the people working in the stores
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i heard on the news one guy was waiting outside a best buy since 2am *yesterday* morning, and another went in the afternoon yesterday. so that m eans they missed out on thanksgiving with their families/friends altogether? geez.

i dont think that person has any friends or family :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    my wife and i and her brothers girlfriend went to best buy at 530. we were outside for about 30 minutes really not that many great deals. it was fun though...mainly to see all the rude and crazy people.

never will do it again.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    genie wrote:

$2.99 a bottle.. Charles Shaw. Trader Joes. :D
  • Options
    $2.99 a bottle.. Charles Shaw. Trader Joes. :D
    do you drive around in one of those geek squad cars????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    do you drive around in one of those geek squad cars????
    lol, no. I work from the store. I do in-store diags, upgrades, shipping, inventory.. I basically make everyone else's problems mine. I've seen enough people have nervous breakdowns. lol.
  • Options
    lol, no. I work from the store. I do in-store diags, upgrades, shipping, inventory.. I basically make everyone else's problems mine. I've seen enough people have nervous breakdowns. lol.
    are you the precinct chief???
    or a special agent???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784

and yeah i think it'll be midnight sales soon enough. i feel bad for the people working in the stores
    black friday can be kinda fun to work :) i've never had to open a store at 5am...thank god...but i've been through my share of chaos!!

i survived this year, which was a cake walk compared to last year when i worked at a store that was in a mall. no chaos. no crazy lines. yet my store had our highest day of sales ever!! makes me a bit of a proud store manager :D

oh...i think that the "black-out" friday that happens after we close is everyone's favorite...it's a tradition to take all the manager's out for drinks as a thank you.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    black friday can be kinda fun to work :) i've never had to open a store at 5am...thank god...but i've been through my share of chaos!!

i survived this year, which was a cake walk compared to last year when i worked at a store that was in a mall. no chaos. no crazy lines. yet my store had our highest day of sales ever!! makes me a bit of a proud store manager :D

oh...i think that the "black-out" friday that happens after we close is everyone's favorite...it's a tradition to take all the manager's out for drinks as a thank you.
    ah well that's good it went smoothly for you! i just envision people being all greedy and pissy and i knew if i had to deal with the general public being locked in that mode, i'd punch someone :o lol
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    ah well that's good it went smoothly for you! i just envision people being all greedy and pissy and i knew if i had to deal with the general public being locked in that mode, i'd punch someone :o lol
    i'm a master at calming down pissy ass people...it's a gift ;) and the thought of a couple shots after work usually helps too!

i think if we had some super amazing sale, people may get a bit crazy, but for the most part everyone was shopping for themselves yesterday.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i'm a master at calming down pissy ass people...it's a gift ;) and the thought of a couple shots after work usually helps too!

i think if we had some super amazing sale, people may get a bit crazy, but for the most part everyone was shopping for themselves yesterday.
    haha i'd need a couple shots during my shift if i had to do that :o lol

i've only done the early shopping thing twice, once for my tv and for my computer just cuz the deals were too good and i needed each item anyway. it was pretty calm each time, glad it was calm for you!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I'm here to say YES, i did it!! And I do it every year. I'm a single mom with 2 little boys and I have to make every dollar stretch as far as I can. I was at Best Buy at 3am. Stood in line for 2 hours before the doors opened. Getting there at 3am put me at the very least about 1000 people back. As I walked the 1/2 mile or so to the front doors of the store, I saw tents, picnic tables, full course turkey dinners, thermous' and ton's of other stuff left behind in the line. People are serious about their shopping. Once I got in, I grabbed what I needed and got in the enormous line to purchase my goods. When I was done, I crossed the street and headed over to Target. Got in line at Target about 5:40 for a 6am opening. It wasn't bad at all. Lots of friendly workers. The one item I was there for had already been cleaned off the shelf by the 1000 or so people that were in line in front of me. A nice worker asked me if I needed help and with her magic electronic handheld thingamajigabob, found more of the "item's" in the back and got one for me. My shopping for Black Friday was done and I was back home in bed by 6:30 am :) I'll do this every year. I have no problem saving a buck :)
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312

We've had a few places in the Seattle area start midnight sales, mostly outlet malls, but this year one of our bigger suburban malls got into the act.

Here's the photo link: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/photos/popup.asp?SubID=3287&page=0&gtitle=Black%20Friday%202007&css=/photos/gtitle.css

On working the stores: When I quit retail, I did it just in time to have Labor Day off. I knew I wasn't up for another Holiday Shopping Season.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

Yeah, I can't believe people camp overnight...I mean 3 am is crazy enough. I've had to work retail a few holiday seasons but fortunately always got the later shift (I am NOT a morning person so there is no way I could handle it haha).

Plus, I wouldn't want to spend my day off that way...but whatever floats your boat I guess...I was sleeping though at 2 am. :p:D
  • Options
    Direct them all to the back of the store where they fall into a human shredder....never to be seen again.

The sale to end all sales.

beautiful...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")