Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    ain't nuthin' but a thing :triumph: Piper competes again tomorrow. she needs to get three qualifying scores to become a novice. 

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "Speak to me only with your eyes".

(fine, maybe with that nose too)

Rock on, Piper.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
    Yay Piper!  She looks so beautiful there.  Bonne chance à demain
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Wobbie said:
    ain't nuthin' but a thing :triumph: Piper competes again tomorrow. she needs to get three qualifying scores to become a novice. 

No action shots? Or did you stay home and yell at whatever sports team is your favorite this week? :disappointed:

Btw, the paws together is so damn precious :heart:

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Wobbie said:

you know me too well.....they've been gone for hours. Piper drew the very last spot of the day. No news.
    I'd rather have that than the first slot.  I was first for an Obedience trial that started at 8 AM and was 60 miles from where I live.  Then you still have to stay around for the whole thing to get your score.  How else would Piper get her 2nd place ribbon?

Go Piper!  Go Piper!  Go Piper!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Loulou said:
    Here is our new addition, Manolo Sanchez! He looks like a stuck up puff ball but he's actually a really lovable crazy pup! Into EVERYTHING!! 

I've been meaning to comment on this for days.  This cracked me up!  Do you call him Manny?
  • Options

I've put off posting this because there's always so much happiness in this thread.

On Friday we said goodbye to our little girl Penny.  She was born with a heart murmur but it never slowed her down until the past year.  The last 2 weeks were horrible as we watched her decline.  She is at peace now and no longer suffering.

Penny was adopted from Sheltie Rescue.  She had a story, and I will tell it later.  For now, this is how we'll remember her--grinning up at us, dancing her little Penny dance.
  • Options
    Who P, I am so SO sorry.  Too many of us know that kind of hurt, of loss.

Please do share Penny's story when it feels right, and know that much good energy and thoughts are sent.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Penny! :cry:

• Options
    Aww, RIP Penny.  Hugs and condolences to the WhoP family.  Penny was blessed to have been a part of your family.  You are all in my heart and thoughts.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Oh no, Penny!  Love and  from LA.  
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    WP, so sorry for your loss. :hug:
  • Options
    aw, man, Carolyn....awful news. I know you've been through it many times but I doubt it gets any easier.

(((( hugs )))) to you, Glen and Scout!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    So sorry to hear about Penny Who P.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Who P, I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Dinner tonight was leftover steak . . . Someone was keeping a very close eye on it just in case

• Options
    Such and much needed sweetness!  Thank you.
  • Options
    Pleasure with the pain...such is life.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    edited June 2017

I've put off posting this because there's always so much happiness in this thread.

On Friday we said goodbye to our little girl Penny.  She was born with a heart murmur but it never slowed her down until the past year.  The last 2 weeks were horrible as we watched her decline.  She is at peace now and no longer suffering.

Penny was adopted from Sheltie Rescue.  She had a story, and I will tell it later.  For now, this is how we'll remember her--grinning up at us, dancing her little Penny dance.

big hugs to you guys!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    From Whispering Hands: Could someone please pass my condolences on to Who Princess? So sad to read Penny passed on recently.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Sorry to hear of Penny's passing WP. :hug:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pretty Penny. I'm hopeful for you that things are going to start looking up real soon. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Dinner tonight was leftover steak . . . Someone was keeping a very close eye on it just in case

Oh my! That looks delicious. I'd probably be waiting for a piece to hit the floor as well!
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219

Ohhhh, Who Princess, I'm so sorry for your loss of Penny. All good vibes and thoughts to you and your family... 
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody.  It means a lot.  We are trying to adjust to the changes.  Scout is a little confused without Penny to boss him around. 

As Rob said, even though we've been through this several times, it never gets easier.  Neither does watching your fur-kids and suddenly realizing how old they are, waiting and wondering what will happen, when will it happen.  But it gives me a lot of comfort that we were with her when she passed and she was surrounded by those who loved her.  My vet as well has been through this with us each time during the last 30 or so years.  He always does so much to guide us and make the decision a little easier.  He told me once that he needs the chance to say goodbye too, to a dog that he's cared for since they were a pup. 

Now, Rob, we want to hear how Piper did at the Rally trial on Sunday.  :dog:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    This thread is a microcosm of life - joy and pain and love and loss. Hugs to you, WhoP, as you deal with losing Penny. I still miss my little pup, more than three years on. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    So very sorry to hear about Penny. 
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited June 2017

Sammie and Timmie did bumb into anything we past, also other dogs did act more agressively towards them... time to take the sissors at hand... and look at them now... they DO have eyes...
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody.  It means a lot.  We are trying to adjust to the changes.  Scout is a little confused without Penny to boss him around. 

As Rob said, even though we've been through this several times, it never gets easier.  Neither does watching your fur-kids and suddenly realizing how old they are, waiting and wondering what will happen, when will it happen.  But it gives me a lot of comfort that we were with her when she passed and she was surrounded by those who loved her.  My vet as well has been through this with us each time during the last 30 or so years.  He always does so much to guide us and make the decision a little easier.  He told me once that he needs the chance to say goodbye too, to a dog that he's cared for since they were a pup. 

Now, Rob, we want to hear how Piper did at the Rally trial on Sunday.  :dog:
    Poor Scout.  It's so confusing for the ones left behind.  Nikita was devastated and depressed for months when our cat Stella died.  She'd wander around the house and yard looking for her.  Your vet sounds amazing.  It's so hard for them too no matter how long they know an animal.  The price of being a compassionate human being I would say.   ((((Hugs))))Aafke said:

Sammie and Timmie did bumb into anything we past, also other dogs did act more agressively towards them... time to take the sissors at hand... and look at them now... they DO have eyes...
    Them is some mighty fine peepers  ;)=)
  • Options
    well, who princess.....since you asked.....Piper picked up a blue ribbon on sunday to go with saturday's 2nd place :triumph:

"working" australian shepherd club :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14