Options

Some stores opened at 4am this morning

justamjustam Posts: 21,392
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Maybe it was Old Navy? Is buying clothes that important?

All I could think of when I saw that ad was: Who's stupid enough to want to go to a store at 4am? (and) What time do the employees have to get up to open the store by 4am? Won't it ruin their holiday?

I hope the 4am opening flops! I truly think it's unfair to their employees to make them come out in the dark morning for some stinky sales job...:p
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    kb toys opened at midnight....:rolleyes:

are the sales that good or is this just all hype and stupid people buying into it?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I have no idea.

It all seems so greedy and disgusting to me.

I stay away from the stores on the day after Thanksgiviing because I don't like the way people get on days like this.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    cutback wrote:
    kb toys opened at midnight....:rolleyes:

are the sales that good or is this just all hype and stupid people buying into it?

most people are off and the sales are crazy

but i wouldnt fight the mad rush of people no mattter how cheap the stuff was
  • Options
    Greed with a capital G. Count me out.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    there is nothing that i will ever need bad enough that will force me to go to a mall on black friday.

greed is right.
  • Options
    I feel really bad for the employees who have to be there at 4 (I guess prolly 3 for the stores that open at 4!) It's just not right. I hope they get a SERIOUS bonus for that.
  • Options
    I'd be willing to bet within the next few years, it will all start at Midnight......all it takes is one or two stores to start it, and everyone will follow.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I feel really bad for the employees who have to be there at 4 (I guess prolly 3 for the stores that open at 4!) It's just not right. I hope they get a SERIOUS bonus for that.

That's what I thought of too - they can't really enjoy their thanksgiving, having to be up so early to get to their store that early. I saw JC Penney was open at 4. Each year it seems to be earlier; I think stores keep trying to be the first to open. I love my bed and can barely get out of it at 6:30, much less 3 to get to a store at 4.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    JaneNY wrote:
    That's what I thought of too - they can't really enjoy their thanksgiving, having to be up so early to get to their store that early. I saw JC Penney was open at 4. Each year it seems to be earlier; I think stores keep trying to be the first to open. I love my bed and can barely get out of it at 6:30, much less 3 to get to a store at 4.

i wake up 5am so i dont feel bad for em ;)
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

I was in CVS at noon and this woman was on the phone with her mother- she was saying that she had already worked an 8-hour shift and she was up at 3.

that sucks, especially when you're working in retail and barely making any money to begin with.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    adds into the whole store scalping scene...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    It's a disease and they're all green...
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2