Options

PJ v Ames Books In Europe

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Ok people maybe people can post here as and when their editions arrive in europe, I'm getting really excited about my SE arriving :D

Who:.......................Where:...................Which Book:............................Recieved:

Irish Al.....................Ireland....................Ltd Ed....................................YES #233
a_scratching_voice....England...................Reg........................................YES
Theirry Henry............Ireland....................Reg........................................YES
phatucini..................Luxemburg...............Ltd Ed....................................YES #318
prodacake................UK..........................Ltd Ed....................................YES
Schoki.....................Germany..................Ltd Ed....................................Still Nothing
HEX........................Netherlands...............Regular...................................YES
Minimie....................Belgium....................Ltd Ed....................................No
Yorkie.....................UK...........................Regular...................................YES
jonbond1779..........UK...........................Reg.........................................YES
Dirty Stuart............?..............................Ltd Ed......................................No
pdalowsky..............UK............................Ltd Ed.....................................YES #1088
Its_ok...................Sweden......................Ltd ed.....................................YES #2523
Strummers.............UK.............................Ltd Edition..............................yes #1174.
rjscott..................UK.............................Ltd Ed....................................YES
pearly*.................Prague.......................Ltd Ed....................................YES
dave grolsch..........UK.............................Ltd Ed....................................YES
redmosquito85........?..............................Ltd Ed.....................................YES #958
danny...................UK.............................Ltd Ed....................................YES
DEMON CLEANER.....UK.............................Ltd Ed....................................YES #891
Eraserhead............UK.............................Ltd Ed.....................................YES
ravillorias..............France........................Ltd Ed.....................................No
janvanderdam........Netherlands.................Ltd Ed.....................................YES #2150
Kikok....................France........................Reg........................................YES
abbeyjess.............UK..............................Ltd Ed.....................................YES #190
Browny100............UK.............................Ltd Ed......................................YES #1066
Mr Split................UK..............................Ltd Ed.....................................YES #1706
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ok people maybe people can post here as and when their editions arrive in europe, I'm getting really excited about my SE arriving :D

Excited ......eh??

When did you get your "order is being processed" email??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Mine isnt here yet, but ten club tell me they started shipping international on 28th December and to give it a few weeks,

to be clear they also confirm no emails advising of dispatch will be given on international orders - this function was only for those ordered within the US
  • Options
    Excited ......eh??

When did you get your "order is being processed" email??

21st Dec...you?
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Mine isnt here yet, but ten club tell me they started shipping international on 28th December and to give it a few weeks,

to be clear they also confirm no emails advising of dispatch will be given on international orders - this function was only for those ordered within the US

Thanks for the update, was wonderin when that email was gonna be sent...so the 28th, so we should start getting them about the middle of Feb...not bad i suppose :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Irish Al wrote:
    ...so the 28th, so we should start getting them about the middle of Feb...not bad i suppose :D

not bad ? sicne we paid $40 for shipping, it should be faster. I'm not complaining, I only ordered the book yesterday. But with $40, 10C could use the fastest shipping method
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    not bad ? sicne we paid $40 for shipping, it should be faster. I'm not complaining, I only ordered the book yesterday. But with $40, 10C could use the fastest shipping method

We can only live in hope....they did say the usual 6-8 weeks :rolleyes:

It'll be worth it tho :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    I live in the uk and have not received my copy yet, really looking forward to it now
  • Options
    personally i think we've been had on the shipping charges, totally had. I thought it was for some international tracking which would have been ok, but given that we'll not be getting emails confirming shipping, its coming normal airmail I think it was a little steep, it will be worth it when it arrives I just sure as hell hope it doesnt go missing, a refund wouldnt be any good to me, I want the book, but if its limited and sells out soon we're outta luck!!!

No idea why it doesnt come tracked......

heard that loads of the posters never made it also....
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    It'll be worth it tho :D
    es, I'm sure it will be
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    pdalowsky wrote:
    personally i think we've been had on the shipping charges, totally had. I thought it was for some international tracking which would have been ok, but given that we'll not be getting emails confirming shipping, its coming normal airmail I think it was a little steep, it will be worth it when it arrives I just sure as hell hope it doesnt go missing, a refund wouldnt be any good to me, I want the book, but if its limited and sells out soon we're outta luck!!!

No idea why it doesnt come tracked......

heard that loads of the posters never made it also....
    I also thought it was registered since Ames says on their site:
    INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POLICY
    We have a new policy on international shipments. All orders shipped internationally will be INSURED and will include a DECLARED VALUE. We tried to waive this for some people and we got burned. Please do not request to have any special shipping, we will void your order.
    now I'm very surprised something can be insured if it isn't tractable.. but just looked at USPS and they include some insurance (enough for the $50 version) in the regular postage..(how easy is it to claim you never received it then??? weird)

that little box seems to be prefect to fit 2 books and they'd end up only $37 for postage for both (it's a flat rate box)
    ... if someone in London/UK can be more successful than me :( at convincing either 10c or Ames to look into bulk shipping, I'll take one :)
  • Options
    I had emailed 10C about the shipping before xmas and they basically said that its due to the weight that it costs so much. I also asked if they send euro orders via sweden as all my 10C stuff has a swedish post mark and they said yes, that its sent from seattle via sweden...don't know why tho, I just left it at that :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Irish Al wrote:
    I had emailed 10C about the shipping before xmas and they basically said that its due to the weight that it costs so much. I also asked if they send euro orders via sweden as all my 10C stuff has a swedish post mark and they said yes, that its sent from seattle via sweden...don't know why tho, I just left it at that :)
    Swedish Post is an alternate solution to USPS (at least for overseas post) in the US.. a very tiny little bit cheaper but taking a LOT longer :mad:
    a US-based DVD shop I use has the option..but they give you the choice about using it (the only reason they still offer the choice is because it's more custom-friendly ;) apparently..not that it matters for books to the UK..)
  • Options
    Hurry up for F**k sake!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Was thinking we could have a list of people in Europe, where you are from, and which book you're waiting for and post as it is recieved....sure we'll start it and see :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I'm waiting for the regular $50 version.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Nada!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Nada!!
    when did you receive the "order processed" email from 10C ?
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    when did you receive the "order processed" email from 10C ?

I got an email on the 18th Dec saying it would be shipped within 24hours.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I got an email on the 18th Dec saying it would be shipped within 24hours.

I've ordered the limited edition about 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for that beauty ...
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    I've ordered the limited edition about 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for that beauty ...
    shit... I thought they used a fastest shipping method for that book (because $40...)
  • Options
    so still no one has it??
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    so still no one has it??
    i think people received it in France (i've read something on another forum)
  • Options
    can anyone here confirm this?? and confirm if it comes from sweden, therefore reducing the chance of a nasty customs charge !!
  • Options
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    WOO HOO Got mine today!!!!! :D:D:D

we are on about the february edition of fox and hound magazine aren't we?
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Nice one, thats fantastic, which one did you get, the regular or special?

Hope its the special as mine might be coming soon also!!!!
  • Options
    oh and I take it came normal post? no tracking. no signature, no nothing? and most importantly, no customs charges??
  • Options
    And the Ames book has made its way to Ireland!!

Rock on!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Schoki ~ Germany ~ Waiting for the Ltd Ed ~ Still Nothing
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Got mine today !!!!!!

The regular one..........shipped via Sweden.........in 3 weeks........no customs charges (total amount on customs declaration: $20 !!!)
  • Options
    MinimieMinimie Posts: 116
    Got the shipping notice for the limited edition on 27th December..normally it takes 5 weeks to get to Belgium...maybe it will be a Valentine's gift then
    :)
    I'm not bothered with that..it's the end result that matters

The X-mas single was early this year though.. I got it in my mailbox right smack on my birthday (4th January)
    Those who dance are called insane by those who can't hear the music - eV
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    2006: Antwerp (B)
    2007: London (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Werchter (B)
    2008: MSG1 & 2 - New York (US)
    2009: Rotterdam (NL), London (UK), Philly(x4)(US)
    2010: Dublin (I), Belfast (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Arras (FR), Werchter (B)
    2011: Montréal (Can)