Options

I have a question.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    CenterCity wrote:
    i know what you mean.....its like priorities.....but i wouldn't put space exploration and the new orleans tragedy in the same category...
    Agreed. Not at all in the same category, and obviously it's necessary to have more than one government program running at a time. The problem is there are billions and billions of dollars wasted on a seemingly useless program like NASA so they're an obvious target when there is something far more urgent that's been neglected, such as N.O.
    CenterCity wrote:
    surely there is someone in congress working on the new orleans tragedy--and probably also looking into what went wrong.
    Uh huh...right after we deal with the immediate and urgent threats of flag-burning and "protecting" marriage....oh and I almost forgot about the NY Times....that's apparently far more urgent and important for congress to waste their time on than N.O. too.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    wait a sec.. haven't you used up all your "ask a question" quota this week?
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    I hope you are kidding. How sure are you that someone in congress is working on New Orleans? How sure are you that some one is working on health care?

well i know that for each major issue, the congress is divided into little groups or speciality groups for each of these issues. history book stuff man.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    Agreed. Not at all in the same category, and obviously it's necessary to have more than one government program running at a time. The problem is there are billions and billions of dollars wasted on a seemingly useless program like NASA so they're an obvious target when there is something far more urgent that's been neglected, such as N.O.

Uh huh...right after we deal with the immediate and urgent threats of flag-burning and "protecting" marriage....oh and I almost forgot about the NY Times....that's apparently far more urgent and important for congress to waste their time on than N.O. too.

you think NASA is a useless program?

again....the government isn't like oh okay....today we're going to just deal with flag burning or marriage.....there are a many number of urgent issues that need to be dealt with simultaneously.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    CenterCity wrote:
    you think NASA is a useless program?

again....the government isn't like oh okay....today we're going to just deal with flag burning or marriage.....there are a many number of urgent issues that need to be dealt with simultaneously.
    Certainly there is a need for prioritization. Am I wrong? The reason they discuss issues such as flag-burning and "protecting" marriage (especially right now) is solely because it may appeal to their base.