Options

International Women's Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    VictoryGin wrote:
    are you talking about the original post? did it say somewhere it was from a women's group (if so, i'd love to know which one!)? that looked like something from a chain email thing. after reading it i thought the last part was left out, "and please wire 10 million dollars to my bank account in Nigeria."
    Ooops, my bad! This is what comes from doing too many things at once :o I got the OP confused with Caterina's post. My apologies to the fine women of UNIFEM.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    One day...

Men will emancipate the feminine oppression growing ever more rampant in the world. Then we will have a day too.

Congratulations to the Women who obtained an unprecedented level of influence in society for their XX companions.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    CorporateWhoreCorporateWhore Posts: 1,890
    Today isn't Mother's Day, folks.

Wow, a day celebrated for a 50/50 genetic determination. That's special.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options

It's about social progress and emancipation.

It's ok to have a day dedicated to remembrance of our past faults. It is another thing, however, to use it as a vehicle for self-empowerment above the rest of soceity.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572

Should I bother? Hmmmmmmm, I'll do it anyway

Today is not a celebration of having to X chromosomes. It is a commemoration of the first women who rallied together to get the right to vote.

Caterina
  • Options
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Should I bother? Hmmmmmmm, I'll do it anyway

Today is not a celebration of having to X chromosomes. It is a commemoration of the first women who rallied together to get the right to vote.

Caterina

Which sparked the birth of the Democratic party, right? ;)
  • Options
    According to one woman - Ann Coulter - women shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Which sparked the birth of the Democratic party, right? ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm??? I think you're kidding. But anyway, I couldn't say. I'm not familiar with the origins of any US political party.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Hahahahahaha .... you don't really believe she's a woman, do you?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options

From the little I know about Ann Coulter, and from what I've heard her say, I find her opinion about women to be totally irrelevant.
  • Options
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm??? I think you're kidding. But anyway, I couldn't say. I'm not familiar with the origins of any US political party.

Yea, it's a joke, just that the Dems are more feminine overall. But it's a generalization played from a generalization. All we have are generalizations.
  • Options
    CaterinaA wrote:
    From the little I know about Ann Coulter, and from what I've heard her say, I find her opinion about women to be totally irrelevant.

CorporateWhore is an alias Ann Coulter uses...
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Hahahahahaha .... you don't really believe she's a woman, do you?

She's sold you guys out. Too bad for your voting rights...

Many of the most important suffragettes were opposed to abortion, interestingly...
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hey, that's actually funny! :D

I like when Ann Coulter....er I mean CorporateWhore gets all drunk on the weekends, and creates these zany threads that are removed in the blink of an eye.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Hehe OK. Actually I know who Ann Coulter is, I think I've seen her once or twice on CNN and of course from MT threads. So I know where she stands and that's why I find her opinion on women totally irrelevant and contradictory. She can rant all she wants about whatever topic she likes thanks to the efforts of social activists from the early XX century and I'm sure she'd never be able to express her political opinions as freely as she does if feminism wouldn't have taken place or women couldn't vote.
  • Options
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Hehe OK. Actually I know who Ann Coulter is, I think I've seen her once or twice on CNN and of course from MT threads. So I know where she stands and that's why I find her opinion on women totally irrelevant and contradictory. She can rant all she wants about whatever topic she likes thanks to the efforts of social activists from the early XX century and I'm sure she'd never be able to express her political opinions as freely as she does if feminism wouldn't have taken place or women couldn't vote.

Yea, if Ann Coulter got what she wished for, she wouldn't have a political stage.
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, if Ann Coulter got what she wished for, she wouldn't have a political stage.

Maybe she enjoys cooking and laundry.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    Maybe she enjoys cooking and laundry.

lol, Well, hey, if that's all she wants, many men would be happy to give it to her. She can have all that in an instant, well, if she could "just shut up".
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    She's sold you guys out. Too bad for your voting rights...

Many of the most important suffragettes were opposed to abortion, interestingly...

the suffragists who opposed to abortion did so because this was during the late 19th and early 20th centuries when illegal abortion procedures killed many women. during that time the procedure was very unsafe, and they opposed it because they were concerned for the woman's health.

learn your history.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    the suffragists who opposed to abortion did so because this was during the late 19th and early 20th centuries when illegal abortion procedures killed many women. during that time the procedure was very unsafe, and they opposed it because they were concerned for the woman's health.

learn your history.

Learn YOUR history feminazi:

"No matter what the motive, ... the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed [abortion]."
    -Susan B. Anthony

Though the procedures were unsafe, that was not the reason she opposed it. It didn't matter the reason that the woman did it: it only mattered that they were aborting a child.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Learn YOUR history feminazi:

"No matter what the motive, ... the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed [abortion]."
    -Susan B. Anthony

Though the procedures were unsafe, that was not the reason she opposed it. It didn't matter the reason that the woman did it: it only mattered that they were aborting a child.

Look out here comes that paragon of virtue and all round woman loving fella!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Jeanwah wrote:
    is Today, March 8th! I'm taking this from The Porch, so everyone here can see it too.

Happy Int'l Women's Day to all the glorious women here! :D

You are each such a treasure. The Mother Lode of our planet.

We are many. You will be chasing after your toddler at the very same moment a woman in Africa is doing the same. While you walk to the grocery store, there is someone else whose footsteps are in tandem with yours walking to her local market in South America. There is a teenaged girl pissed off at her Mum in Hungary, moping on her bed at the same time as a girl in Arkansas. As you work on your second draft of your novel, there is another woman doing the same in Oslo. We are all linked. When we remember this, we are made strong on our hearts and our convictions.

Happy International Women's Day to you too Jeanwah! :)

And what a great thread you have started!!

So best wishes and positive energy to all the ladies here on PJ and around the world! :)

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-stands-with-women

100% of T-shirt proceeds and 25% of all goods sold on pearljam.com through 3/12 will be donated to Planned Parenthood Federation of America to help ensure equal health care for everyone, especially in states where clinics have been (or might be) defunded; and, to Planned Parenthood Global in support of health care partners across Africa and Latin America addressing impacts of the recently reinstated Global Gag Rule.*
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Damn I look at the names of posters who no longer post at all from the past ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....