Options

England and the world cup

13»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I found the Scottish fans to be overrated :cool: Wasn't that the year we got the FIFA fair play award?

no it was the year that Scotlands Fans were voted "World's Friendliest Fans" by FIFA during the 98 World Cup :D:D:D .... but thanks for reminding me ;)

outwith is a saying in Scotland... just like 'yer man' is in Ireland... seriously this is true... we say outwith instead of outside... weird huh? :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    no it was the year that Scotlands Fans were voted "World's Friendliest Fans" by FIFA during the 98 World Cup :D:D:D .... but thanks for reminding me ;)

outwith is a saying in Scotland... just like 'yer man' is in Ireland... seriously this is true... we say outwith instead of outside... weird huh? :o

Nah that's not weird, it's just silly! 'worlds friendliest fans'??? in 98? Shite, that's cos the Irish weren't there cos there mustn't have been much competition... although I did enjoy the Croatian fans and the Jamaican fans were good craic.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    outwith? Do you mean 'outside'? :confused:

But no, you are indeed right - I've only seen Ireland matches in Dublin... although I was in Paris for the world cup in 98 and I found the Scottish fans to be overrated :cool: Wasn't that the year we got the FIFA fair play award?

actually you won it in 1997 for some unknown reason :confused:

what the fuck happened in 1997... :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    actually you won it in 1997 for some unknown reason :confused:

what the fuck happened in 1997... :confused:

Ah yes, I remember we were the holders for the French world cup.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ah yes, I remember we were the holders for the French world cup.

its not a feckin trophy that you can hold and pass onto others... its a bit of paper that is a one off award... why 1997 though!!!

must have been for qualifiers or something

anyway winning it once isnt too bad though... quite a bit of catching to do though ;)
  • Options
    its not a feckin trophy that you can hold and pass onto others... its a bit of paper that is a one off award... why 1997 though!!!

must have been for qualifiers or something

anyway winning it once isnt too bad though... quite a bit of catching to do though ;)
    No we're quietly happy in the knowledge that we're the best fans in the world. WE don't need a title to tell us that - apparently the Scots do though :rolleyes: . Maybe they just give it to yas so that you don't start fighting :D

Yeh, there were qualifiers in 97 :rolleyes:

I think Charltons reign ended then against Belgium or was that early 98.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Bye bye England... bye bye little flags over the cars... bye bye drunken people on the streets rioting if England is not playing well...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    these 'hooligans' are just so with or without football, badly bred followers will latch onto what they can......
  • Options
    nauzinauzi Posts: 3
    one word
    wayne rooney

I like the match up of the
    axis powers ( rhineland & benitos boys)
    vs.
    the winner of occupied nations ( the smoking francophile & "you sank my battleship " a long time ago )

i'm going half way and rootin'for the basque

party on dudes
    feign reluctance

i renounce my former self to my current self...tomorrow

http://forums.pearljam.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=35009

bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Puck78 wrote:
    Last week me and other people were labelled as "ignorant" because we defined "hooligans" as "violent English football supporters". Although the definition can be wrong, here's one recent example
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1796292,00.html

Just imagine if the screens would have been set up for yesterdays fucking travesty of an effort!!! England CHOKES AGAIN!!! predictable!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    Bye bye England... bye bye little flags over the cars... bye bye drunken people on the streets rioting if England is not playing well...

Whilst I was in Sainsbury's last night, overheard some pisshead shouting, "We need ta go an fookin bomb portugal, innit bruv!"

Twat.

Rooney totally deserved to be sent off, petulent little bastard.

The better team won.