Options

England and the world cup

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Now I resent that... you will NEVER ever see the hooligan aspect at a soccer match in the republic of Ireland... EVER!!!!!

thats utter rubbish... sorry... having seen battles between English and Irish fans during that game when the English ripped up the seats.

I saw them fighting each other on the pitch... and then there was skirmishes ouside the ground :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    oh i'm sure you have... i didnt say otherwise!!

although, i know about football and you claim you dont so heres the hard facts:-

Scotland's fans have won more awards for their conduct than any OTHER nation!.. Scotlands Tartan Army (as they are known amongst the footballing world) are far more recognised than any other nation for their good behaviour and fun loving nature than any other travelling fans*. This is undisputed.

*World Soccer poll May 2004 edition

:rolleyes: Get a new job dunk??? I think the Scottish tourist board is out looking for ya :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    thats utter rubbish... sorry... having seen battles between English and Irish fans during that game when the English ripped up the seats.

I saw them fighting each other on the pitch... and then there was skirmishes ouside the ground :(

Now hold on Dunk, the english fans started ripping seats and attacking kids....what the fuck would you do ??

And outside it was the gardai that we kicking english ass :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options

We were defending our country! :)

Ireland scored, SOME English fans started ripping up the streets... we fought back, as would you, but that was pure organised hooliganism at its finest. I should know, my father and my brother were there. That was 95 I think - the only game you can think of?? When the English were in town? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    For their attitude towards the opposition fans and their contribution towards the atmosphere i think the tartan army are great, but i would rather be one of the normal scotland fans like myself.

The tartan army can be embarrassing when they cheer other team's goals, which happens sometimes. What the hell is that all about?
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Now hold on Dunk, the english fans started ripping seats and attacking kids....what the fuck would you do ??

And outside it was the gardai that we kicking english ass :D

i would fight back... but then i wasnt the person who said... "you will NEVER ever see the hooligan aspect at a soccer match in the republic of Ireland... EVER!!!!!"

which just isnt true... in the history of Irish soccer not one person has been arrested or cautioned for anything akin to hooliganism .... doubtful!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    in the history of Irish soccer not one person has been arrested or cautioned for anything akin to hooliganism
    Really? I didn't know that! Thanks :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    i would fight back... but then i wasnt the person who said... "you will NEVER ever see the hooligan aspect at a soccer match in the republic of Ireland... EVER!!!!!"

which just isnt true... in the history of Irish soccer not one person has been arrested or cautioned for anything akin to hooliganism .... doubtful!!

I take it you missed my reply to Hells earlier....read back my good man :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    We were defending our country! :)

Ireland scored, SOME English fans started ripping up the streets... we fought back, as would you, but that was pure organised hooliganism at its finest. I should know, my father and my brother were there. That was 95 I think - the only game you can think of?? When the English were in town? ;)

but you said..........

[sighs!!!!!!]

Now I resent that... you will NEVER ever see the hooligan aspect at a soccer match in the republic of Ireland... EVER!!!!!

[/endsigh]
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Get a new job dunk??? I think the Scottish tourist board is out looking for ya :p

only quoting from a renowned footie magazine ;)
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I take it you missed my reply to Hells earlier....read back my good man :D

nah... i did. :)

i was just using her esteemed knowledge of football hooliganism to make my point.. ;)
  • Options
    Really? I didn't know that! Thanks :)

well actually not one person has been arrested or cautioned......its far far far more than that :D
  • Options
    well actually not one person has been arrested or cautioned......its far far far more than that :D

And we're all happy out again.....see the english don't even get involved and they still have us fighting amongst ourselves :D

Year of skill that took to master :D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It seems to be sad but true that many football hooligans are English.

This, however, does not mean that all English football fans are hooligans. The few who do cause trouble would cause trouble wherever they go and whatever they do. I don't believe it really has anything to do wiht football. The hooligans are most likely the people who are voting for the BNP.

And for those Irish and Scottish who are dissasiating themselves from the English, I understand why. I am ashamed to be associated with some of these people...and I can't deny association because of my nationality.

The majority of English football fans are good, well behaved people who just want to have a good time. There are a few who want to spoil it for everyone.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    It seems to be sad but true that many football hooligans are English.

This, however, does not mean that all English football fans are hooligans. The few who do cause trouble would cause trouble wherever they go and whatever they do. I don't believe it really has anything to do wiht football. The hooligans are most likely the people who are voting for the BNP.

And for those Irish and Scottish who are dissasiating themselves from the English, I understand why. I am ashamed to be associated with some of these people...and I can't deny association because of my nationality.

The majority of English football fans are good, well behaved people who just want to have a good time. There are a few who want to spoil it for everyone.

Well said Dave although I do know a few former hooligans who had no connection with BNP :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

this is the truth... 90-odd percent of England fans are good, well behaved fans... i feel sorry for the true fans who get chucked in with this lot.

shameful :(
  • Options
    well actually not one person has been arrested or cautioned......
    Exactly! That's just what you said above! :)

So where are you getting THESE facts from Dunk??? Another esteemed 'football magazine'? :D:D:D:D:D:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Exactly! That's just what you said above! :)

So where are you getting THESE facts from Dunk??? Another esteemed 'football magazine'? :D:D:D:D:D:D

look.. in this instance you cant win... you obviously dont know a lot about football or you would realise that Scottish fans are internationally renowned for their support around the globe... now bear in mind Ireland have only been to about 2 or 3 major championships... so when you have been to as many World Cups as Scotland and had as many awards as Scotland then we'll talk :p

you dont have to have Ireland win at everything you know... i know you think they do, but in this instance they dont.. ask REAL football fans around the globe and they'll confirm the above facts about Scotland... thank you ;):p
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    look.. in this instance you cant win... you obviously dont know a lot about football or you would realise that Scottish fans are internationally renowned for their support around the globe... now bear in mind Ireland have only been to about 2 or 3 major championships... so when you have been to as many World Cups as Scotland and had as many awards as Scotland then we'll talk :p

you dont have to have Ireland win at everything you know... i know you think they do, but in this instance they dont.. ask REAL football fans around the globe and they'll confirm the above facts about Scotland... thank you ;):p

Haha Scotland are funny ;) Ally McCoist anyone ;):D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Haha Scotland are funny ;) Ally McCoist anyone ;):D:D

yip, we are funny arent we :D:D

funny is good :)
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    yip, we are funny arent we :D:D

funny is good :)

Ok, if you say so :eek: :D

Actually we have a nice Scottish player at Portsmouth :cool:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

Ehhh, I'm waiting! :rolleyes:

And that's good coming from you dunk :D . And yes we've only been to FOUR major championships so we're competing quite well :D - Japan have an Irish day since the last world cup and close their main street for Paddys day, which is the only day of the year it will close for.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    And yes we've only been to FOUR major championships so we're competing quite well

try 8 World Cups and 2 Euro championships :p

then we'll talk ;)
  • Options

then we'll talk ;)

What's the furthest you've got? :cool:

I meant fan wise we're competing quite well considering how FEW championships we've been in :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

then we'll talk ;)

In fairness dunk you never get past the opening round so its the only way your going to win anything cause the team is shit ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    What's the furthest you've got? :cool:

I meant fan wise we're competing quite well considering how FEW championships we've been in :p

Argentina is a few miles away ;)

and you think so huh!! :rolleyes:

yes competing but still behind us .... you dont have to have Ireland win at everything you know :rolleyes: ... you need have some humility sometimes ;)
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    In fairness dunk you never get past the opening round so its the only way your going to win anything cause the team is shit ;)

thats very fucking true... :D:D:D

but at least we get there more often ;)
  • Options
    Argentina is a few miles away ;)

and you think so huh!! :rolleyes:

yes competing but still behind us .... you dont have to have Ireland win at everything you know :rolleyes: ... you need have some humility sometimes ;)
    I'll have some humility when I'm given a genuine reason... comparing Irish fans to Scottish fans is just stupid - we're WAY better... talk to any REAL fan and they'll tell ya that :p:)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'll have some humility when I'm given a genuine reason... comparing Irish fans to Scottish fans is just stupid - we're WAY better... talk to any REAL fan and they'll tell ya that :p:)

ehhh...okay then...:confused:

have you ever been to an Ireland game outwith your own country.. i remember you saying you hadnt... so ehhhhh....shut the feck up until you have witnessed it for yourself.. :cool:

*phones mental hospital to arrange for Hellsy to be put under the Delusion-o-graph and become normal again*
  • Options
    ehhh...okay then...:confused:

have you ever been to an Ireland game outwith your own country.. i remember you saying you hadnt... so ehhhhh....shut the feck up until you have witnessed it for yourself.. :cool:

*phones mental hospital to arrange for Hellsy to be put under the Delusion-o-graph and become normal again*
    outwith? Do you mean 'outside'? :confused:

But no, you are indeed right - I've only seen Ireland matches in Dublin... although I was in Paris for the world cup in 98 and I found the Scottish fans to be overrated :cool: Wasn't that the year we got the FIFA fair play award?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life