Options

G8

Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
anyone going to the protests, this year? I went to gleneagles (scotland), last year, but this year i can't make it till to russia. But next year, everybody's to germany :)
www.amnesty.org
www.amnesty.org.uk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    The G8 are protests wil achieve nothing, unfortunately, other than validate their state of siege and provide cannon fodder for the MSM and their Globalisation promoting paymasters.

You don't change the G8 and all those bastards stand for from without, you change it from within. Take control of the Governments that partake, and bring down Globalisation from inside the beast.

All those marches on Gleneagles made me shudder at the thought of the power those same people held, and that they could be marching on Westminster and seizing the reigns of power from those who wish to protect and serve nothing but their corporate paymasters.

We change what happens here, we change what happens there.

The situations in Iraq, Palestine, Venezuela, Chile, Malaysia, Sudan, et al, are
    controleld from here, in the West. We take the West, we can change the blood being shed elsewhere in the Globe.

A permanent world Revolution is the only way forward.
    The current way is broke, the current way strips the majority of the worlds population of their basic human rights.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    I agree with you both. Change comes from within, but there's nothing wrong with a good old protest ;)

I'll be there in Germany if I get the chance.
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    I think as well that if you want to make deep changes in human rights, etc, you need long and deep campaigning, not just a march in occasion of the G8.
    But i think that marching in those occasions is a claiming back of democracy (that in greek means "power to the people") from the idea of the people at the power that close themselves behind big fences to make their decisions away from the people...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    was anyone in Seattle in november 99?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk