Lieberman vs Democratic Party

worldworld Posts: 266
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
In another sign of lukewarm support from his own party for Sen. Joseph Lieberman’s reelection campaign, Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy today branded the Connecticut incumbent as “a J.F.K. conservative, a relic of another era.”

“I’m not sure we need someone in the Senate who’s still mired in the provincial, hawkish John F. Kennedy ideas about U.S. military power,” said Sen. Kennedy. “But if he wins the primary, I’ll show my party loyalty by refraining from campaigning against him openly.”

Meanwhile, DNC Chairperson Howard Dean said the national party, in cooperation with MoveOn.org, would fund a last-minute advertising blitz on local TV stations in which Sen. Lieberman’s face morphs into that of President Kennedy.

“Let every candidate know,” Mr. Dean said, “whether he wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of the war on the war on terror.”
Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    This is just so bizarre I don't know where to begin... I must be missing something...

A: Who wouldn't want to be compared to JFK?

B: Why would Teddy use an analogy to his brother as a "negative"?
  • I thought the DNC was united..
    "It's not that liberals know nothing. It's that what they do know isn't so."
    Ronaldus Magnus