Options

Something new, something cool, that's not not all doom and gloom

rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
This thing would be really awesome. Hopefully it can be run on hydrogen when it finally comes into production. There's an ATV and Hummer version as well.

http://www.gibbsaquada.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    I think the invisible hand will take care of the oil situation. Some smart guy who wants a ton of money will make some car that runs cheaper, faster, and look cooler then gas burning cars. That man will make billions.

very similar to that website
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    world wrote:
    I think the invisible hand will take care of the oil situation. Some smart guy who wants a ton of money will make some car that runs cheaper, faster, and look cooler then gas burning cars. That man will make billions.

very similar to that website

Definitely. The ATV/Jetski one would totally rock at the cottage! Think of the time you could save getting places :eek:
  • Options
    Saw a peice on this dude that brews his own biodiesel. Pretty awesome, cheap, and easy too. Makes me wish I had a diesel car.

Forget sky-high gas prices, dump the petroleum addiction and switch to clean and renewable biofuels.

Biodiesel is a viable, sustainable alternative to petroleum that can be used to run any unmodified diesel engine. Homemade biodiesel is made with discarded
    waste vegetable oil from food services that would have otherwise gone into landfills, dumped illegally into storm drains or fed to livestock

Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel that can be used straight in the fuel tank of any vehicle with an existing diesel engine. No engine conversion is needed!

Just about anyone can rig up a biodiesel fuel plant virtually anywhere, mostly using stuff you can find lying around, including the basic raw material -- waste vegetable oil.

http://pathtofreedom.com/pathproject/offthegrid/biodiesel.shtml
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    Yeah, I know a guy that runs his truck on BioDiesel. Gets his stuff from pizza places. The truck does smell like french fries though.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    world wrote:
    Yeah, I know a guy that runs his truck on BioDiesel. Gets his stuff from pizza places. The truck does smell like french fries though.

I'd take the smell of fries over diesel anyday. Smelling diesel makes me feel like I have asthma.