Options

"act of war", isreal moves into lebanon

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    El_Kabong wrote:
    Colombia also receives over a billion in aid and their military has mountains of rape cases, murder cases, execution cases, kidnapping cases, theft at gunpoint cases, destruction of property cases....against it. good thing their president gave the military immunity.

also, by US law it is illegal to give aid to Israel as they have a secret nuke program

Just when I though I've heard the worse...more shock and awe comes my way and blows my mind.

I dare say the Nazi's were just lil pups compared to Bush
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    my2hands wrote:
    the US has the largest military budget in the world BY FAR (i believe it is equal or more than the rest of the world combined)

also most of our "foreign aid" goes toward weapons (israel and egypt recieve the most aid)...

AND, we are BY FAR the largest weapons dealer on the planet

so much for uncle sam being a saint, he is a fucking weapons dealer

Yep, if we became isolationists, all wars would cease. There'd be no more tribal wars in Africa, Israel and Palestine would get together, North Korea would stop its weapons program, the nations of Central/South America would live in harmony.

Lebanon, you mess with the bull, you're going to get the horns. Give em hell Israel, even if these American pushovers don't want you to.
  • Options
    Just when I though I've heard the worse...more shock and awe comes my way and blows my mind.

Statements like this really prove how clueless some people are about the world.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    El_Kabong wrote:
    also, by US law it is illegal to give aid to Israel as they have a secret nuke program

Since when did the US government abide by the law.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options

This isn't about Bush. Our aid to questionable governments has been on-going for decades. This transends partisanship because both parties are equally guilty of this.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    This isn't about Bush. Our aid to questionable governments has been on-going for decades. This transends partisanship because both parties are equally guilty of this.

Dude, this was set out to be an anti-Bush, anti-Israel thread. We have stuck our noses where we don't belong.

Nobody posts about Lebanon taking Israeli prisoners. That's perfectly fine. But if Israel tries to get them back, then we've got a problem.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Dude, this was set out to be an anti-Bush, anti-Israel thread. We have stuck our noses where we don't belong.

Nobody posts about Lebanon taking Israeli prisoners. That's perfectly fine. But if Israel tries to get them back, then we've got a problem.

maybe israel should release all of the people it's holding in detention then demand the release of the few soldiers others are keeping of them.
  • Options

While I think it's horrorable that these two soldiers where taken prisoner I don't support Israel's invasion of Lebennon. The crime does not warrent the action taken. Israel will only create more hate and support for groups like Hezbollah by attacking a country and possible, very possibly, killing innocent civilians who had no hand in taking or harming these two soldiers.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

If I'm an advanced nutritionist and I keep giving you McDonalds 24/7 to eat who's to blame? You for eating it because it tastes amazing, or me for giving it to you knowing it will make you sick?

Shouldn't one of us be the wiser?
  • Options
    If I'm an advanced nutritionist and I keep giving you McDonalds 24/7 to eat who's to blame? You for eating it because it tastes amazing, or me for giving it to you knowing it will make you sick?

Shouldn't one of us be the wiser?

Me for eating it. Regardless of your profession I should be informed enough to know that the food is not good for my health.

Now back to the topic at hand. Yes Bush is quilty of selling weapons to questionable governments but you can't hang all the blame on him. Our foreign policy has been in place since the times of the Monroe Doctrine so blame has to equally spread amongst every administration from then till now.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    know1 wrote:
    Very true. Violence will never end until one side take the high road and doesn't seek revenge.

Or until one side kills every last one on the other side.
    El_Kabong wrote:
    Colombia also receives over a billion in aid and their military has mountains of rape cases, murder cases, execution cases, kidnapping cases, theft at gunpoint cases, destruction of property cases....against it. good thing their president gave the military immunity.

They arent very good at keeping secrets are they? Kabong knows about them all it seems. ;)

So the US never sold any arms to any countries except under bush? Or republican's only? You sir, are a broken record.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Me for eating it. Regardless of your profession I should be informed enough to know that the food is not good for my health.

Now back to the topic at hand. Yes Bush is quilty of selling weapons to questionable governments but you can't hang all the blame on him. Our foreign policy has been in place since the times of the Monroe Doctrine so blame has to equally spread amongst every administration from then till now.

I disagree. I think the US is a little more informed in this regard than most of these third world countries they play games with.

I say bush but I mean US foreign agenda. It's all the same to me. One force driven towards a common goal since 1590.
  • Options
    I disagree. I think the US is a little more informed in this regard than most of these third world countries they play games with.

Maybe the citizens of the third world countries you speak of may not be as informed, but be sure that their governments know exactly what they are doing.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Maybe the citizens of the third world countries you speak of may not be as informed, but be sure that their governments know exactly what they are doing.

They do know what they are doing at the time, however I think they soon find themselves out their element and duped after the fact. (Once the US money muscle starts steering the boat).
  • Options
    They do know what they are doing at the time, however I think they soon find themselves out their element and duped after the fact. (Once the US money muscle starts steering the boat).

I disagree. These governments know exactly what they are doing when they do business with us.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I disagree. These governments know exactly what they are doing when they do business with us.

It takes two to tango.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

I doubt the picture is painted that way for them at the time though. Look at Saddam.
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Sums it all up perfectly...

"Finally, as we know from our own southern border, anytime a successful Westernized nation is adjacent to a poorer Third World country, primordial emotions like honor and envy cloud reason. Rather than concede that Western-style democracy, capitalism, personal freedom and the rule of law explain why a prosperous, stable Israel arose from scrub and rock, Palestinians fixate on "Zionism," "colonialism" and "racism."

No wonder they do. Otherwise they would have to grapple with intractable and indigenous tribalism, gender apartheid, militias and religious fundamentalism, while building an open society based on the rule of law."
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    My co-worker is in Lebanon right now, she left Saturday. I couldn't believe when I saw this story this morning.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mammasan wrote:

i agree
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

They arent very good at keeping secrets are they? Kabong knows about them all it seems. ;)

because he digs for the truth, because he has an open mind that is capable of dissent, because he doesnt blindly believe the spoon fed bullshit by the pentagon and government funded history books, because he thinks for himself instead of blindly saluting the flag and getting in line when uncle sam barks the order... because he is in fact a true patriot that questions his government and try's to right the wrongs being committed in his name with his funding through taxes

this country (the world) needs alot more el kabongs

"because this little brother is watching you too" zach de la rocha
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    No surprise. Israel needs to stop acting like an innocent and abused victim of violence. They are nuts just like the rest of the countries in the middle east.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    because he digs for the truth, because he has an open mind that is capable of dissent, because he doesnt blindly believe the spoon fed bullshit by the pentagon and government funded history books, because he thinks for himself instead of blindly saluting the flag and getting in line when uncle sam barks the order... because he is in fact a true patriot that questions his government and try's to right the wrongs being committed in his name with his funding through taxes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Anti Zionism is not Anti Semitism

Most antizionists are antisemites
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

Not for nothing, but he doesnt dig for truth, he digs for articles. But he wasnt and isnt my point. My point was, for all these "secret programs" in the news, our govt isnt very good at keeping secrets. Or they arent true, so therefore there's no secret.

And if by "this world needs a lot more ______insert Pit member's name here__________", you mean more people sitting on a msg board accomplishing nothing, you're right. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Not for nothing, but he doesnt dig for truth, he digs for articles. But he wasnt and isnt my point. My point was, for all these "secret programs" in the news, our govt isnt very good at keeping secrets. Or they arent true, so therefore there's no secret.

And if by "this world needs a lot more ______insert Pit member's name here__________", you mean more people sitting on a msg board accomplishing nothing, you're right. ;)

Oh my... did some one/thing wake you? nothing to see here, go back to sleep :D
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

You bet. If anyone isn't pissed at what's going on today around the world they are either VERY (very) misinformed or just incapable of an objective thought process.

A face value government?...bwahahahha! That's a good one!
  • Options
    You bet. If anyone isn't pissed at what's going on today around the world they are either VERY (very) misinformed or just incapable of an objective thought process.

I think your record player is skipping.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options

Or we recognize that the world is full of evil people. We realize that sometimes you have to make friends with enemies in the short term. You all think diplomacy is the answer to everything. Guess what? Why haven't we solved the North Korean crisis yet? Iran? We're going to have to give North Korea Georgia if they're ever going to change their ways. Yeah, we're pissed at the way the world is working right now. But we don't automatically blame the US. It's China's fault we're having problems in North Korea. It's the money hungry Russians who won't help with Iran. You all want world government, and the Iran and North Korea problems to go away. Guess what, the world doesn't want to deal with them. The US does, and they're probably going to have to get their hands dirty to do it.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Or we recognize that the world is full of evil people. We realize that sometimes you have to make friends with enemies in the short term. You all think diplomacy is the answer to everything. Guess what? Why haven't we solved the North Korean crisis yet? Iran? We're going to have to give North Korea Georgia if they're ever going to change their ways. Yeah, we're pissed at the way the world is working right now. But we don't automatically blame the US. It's China's fault we're having problems in North Korea. It's the money hungry Russians who won't help with Iran. You all want world government, and the Iran and North Korea problems to go away. Guess what, the world doesn't want to deal with them. The US does, and they're probably going to have to get their hands dirty to do it.

Why does the US have any say over any other country? What moral right do they have, given their history of involvement?

Also, what mess has North Korea created? Or Iran for that matter?
  • Options
    I think your record player is skipping.

did you miss the news today? it's doing the same thing no?

here I'll hit the snooze button for you....<tap!>