Options

Two nights in San Diego

bunker777bunker777 Posts: 7
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Ticketmaster says Ed will be in SD on both the 15th and 16th!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1197361
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    bunker777 wrote:
    Ticketmaster says Ed will be in SD on both the 15th and 16th!

That's what I've heard from a couple sources. Just sucks that 10C is the last to let us know. :(
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yeah, rub it in to Seattle that Ed will be passing the city without stopping even once for a solo show, and fucking San Diego gets 2.

Fuck all that.
  • Options
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5199513#post5199513

It kinda sucks that TM has these news out before 10C lets the members know :S I guess this show will be all public sale...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5199513#post5199513

It kinda sucks that TM has these news out before 10C lets the members know :S I guess this show will be all public sale...

I guess. You'd think it would've been the same as LA. I don't know...I'm frustrated.

• Options
    I guess. You'd think it would've been the same as LA. I don't know...I'm frustrated.

Did you get tickets?
    I didnt, had them in the cart couldnt check out, ended up with pending authorizations holding $400+ and no tickets.. I'll be trying again for Vancouver on Friday...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Did you get tickets?
    I didnt, had them in the cart couldnt check out, ended up with pending authorizations holding $400+ and no tickets.. I'll be trying again for Vancouver on Friday...

Yes, I did. But, I think today's chaos and last-minute notifications are sucky. I have alot of friends that missed out on tix because of work.

• Options
    My mother is actually visiting me from Boston the week of the show and I've felt like a horrible son having to tell her today that she's going to be hanging out by herself one night (sorry ma) 'cause I got tickets to the concert. Now it looks like there's a 2nd show so I'm going to have to call her back and let her know she'll be hanging out for 2 nights. Damn you Eddie Vedder!
  • Options
    Boston21 wrote:
    My mother is actually visiting me from Boston the week of the show and I've felt like a horrible son having to tell her today that she's going to be hanging out by herself one night (sorry ma) 'cause I got tickets to the concert. Now it looks like there's a 2nd show so I'm going to have to call her back and let her know she'll be hanging out for 2 nights. Damn you Eddie Vedder!

LOL. Hilarious!! :D She'll understand...or else, take her as your "date"!!

• Options
    2nd show added? :D
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    2nd show added? :D
    You know where they can stick that second show? :D
  • Options
    LOL. Hilarious!! :D She'll understand...or else, take her as your "date"!!

I was actually sitting here trying to convince myself earlier today that she could go with me 'cause I really really didn't want to call her: "well, can she come to the show? It's not like it's the full band. It's only Ed acoustic, right? Everyone will be sitting."

Don't worry, I snapped out of it and called her.
  • Options
    Boston21 wrote:
    I was actually sitting here trying to convince myself earlier today that she could go with me 'cause I really really didn't want to call her: "well, can she come to the show? It's not like it's the full band. It's only Ed acoustic, right? Everyone will be sitting."

Don't worry, I snapped out of it and called her.

Aww...if ever there was a parent-friendly show...this might be it! :)

• Options
    Its a tenclub 2 for 1 show! ;)
    can't keep me here...
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Nice. Cat Power is playing in town on the 16th too (4th and B). I was thinking Wes C. Addle would show up there, but doesn't sound like it now.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    Nice. Cat Power is playing in town on the 16th too (4th and B). I was thinking Wes C. Addle would show up there, but doesn't sound like it now.

Nope! LOL! Wes has his own gig that night! :D

• Options
    moms love Eddie.
    ( but you might warn him so he can watch his language)
    ;)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    2nd show added?

Somebody better have a defibrilator handy. I don't think my heart can take another TenClub pre-sale event.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    who said 2nd san diego show added?
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You know where they can stick that second show? :D

I'm still holding out hope for a hometown addition, aNiMaL. *fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyeballs crossed* :o

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    who said 2nd san diego show added?

Wed, 04/16/08
    08:00 PM Spreckels Theatre
    San Diego, CA Eddie Vedder
    More Info » currently not on sale
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    idratherbe wrote:
    I'm still holding out hope for a hometown addition, aNiMaL. *fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyeballs crossed* :o

~peace~

I hope it happens for you. :)
  • Options
    Interesting that Pollstar doesn't reflect the 16th show at all....

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Venue&Content=BCASDST&PSKey=Y&Date=04/15/08
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Ticketmaster no longer lists the 16th show in San Diego :(
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Bird888 wrote:
    Ticketmaster no longer lists the 16th show in San Diego :(

No longer up. 15th only.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I emailed Spreckels, and they said there is the possibility of a second show, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

So we'll just have to see...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:

Well Spreckels is within walking distance to 4th and B. Maybe if Cat Power goes on late enough? I'd imagine Ed's shows will end around 10:30 or so.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.