Next Tour DVDs?

UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Here's the thing.

Pearl Jam are one of the Best live bands around, everyone knows that.

As a fan I love the fact that they release all their shows audio-wise, and I appreciate the Live DVD they offer after a tour...it's all good.

But the thing is, due to the fact that they play a different set-list every show, and ya just never know what will happen...well, I always want more.

I'm sure I'm not alone here. Now we've all seen their crew folks running around with cameras at shows, and we've all hoped to see a bunch more live DVDs offered up. But it's gotta be cost prohibitive to do Concert DVDs, and they probably don't sell near as well as their Audio releases...I get it...

Luckily there are a ton of bootleg DVD's out there, and I have a bunch of them...

At this point PJ has got to be aware of the fact that their audience loves collecting their shows on DVD, and the quality of shows on the last tour was pretty awesome...

Now I guess there are Concerns as to having people film their shows and put them out their...can't really imagine what they are...I haven't paid a cent for any of mine thanks to a worldwide community of traders, all of whom I deeply appreciate.

Anyway my point is...

On the next tour, why not allow fans to Shoot their shows if they want? It's 2008 for gods sake...then set up a place right here where fans can hook up with their footage, have someone edit it and put the shows out...It isn't going to affect fans gobbling up anything the band puts out...and it's not like the band needs to hide their performances from folks...

It'd be one more way for PJ to show us fans their appreciation, and a chance for everyone so inclined to cherish and save and relive all their favorite shows and moments with the band...

I love the Band sanctioned releases, but there is a difference with a raw show...

Why not embrace reality and allow fans to come in with a camera if they want...

Unless of course the band is planning on setting up a video crew and putting all their shows out there in Video like the WHO did a few years back...in which case I am a Videographer and they can hire me...

Anyway.

I think it's high time the group embrace the fact that we fans wanna relive their awesome shows as best we can, and while audio is great, having the video to go with it is better...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I think they'd be better off releasing DVD's of each show just like The Who do, and I seriously think this may be what's going to happen from the next tour onwards.
    In all seriousness, I don't think it would cost all that much to record every show. You wouldn't need a HUGE production team would you?
  • UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
    I would think a few set cameras from each side of the stage, a Wide shot, maybe a set Matt Cam, along with a front of stage hand held, and maybe a another hand held behind the stage...all fed to a switcher out at the board or in a truck , A person who knows their music like the back of their own hand (Ahem) could direct it on the fly and switch themselves...dump it to a drive...boom. Fans could download it within 24 Hours...or however they wanted to dispense them...

Again I am available.

But no, it wouldn't be to expensive, or personel intensive...pretty easily done for a band that tours on that level...
  • UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
    Someone else was asking about this too...
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    It would be cool if they followed the who and put out the dvd/cd combo packs or separately like the who did on their 2006/2007 tour. As someone mentioned it's not really that expensive and you know the fans or at least us crazy ones here (LOL) will buy multiple shows. See the thing with the who as it was generally a same set every show with the exception of taking out some "wire and glass" tracks and occasionally throwing in "the kids are alright"
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • hmmmn,every show available on dvd,yeah i know pearl jam fans are probably more loyal/loving/die hard,call them what you will,but will anybody get bored of the band if they see every show?
    at least now we get to listen to the shows and there is still a certain mystique,ya know what are they actually doing,is eddie climbing or whatever.
    me i would rather scan you tube and find the bits of shows i would like to watch over again.
    Good idea for some collectors i suppose,for me too much.