Options

The Human Race

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
is a failure

we are disgusting, and no longer deserve mother earth's hospitality...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Well, I do believe she's starting to tell us to get the heck off her in a firm but nurturing way :)
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I tend to agree...then again there are those that believe Earth is our divine right to rape and pillage...when in due fact we should be acting as stewards for the planet for future generations....
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

and the King shall come soon
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016

Who the fuck is the king?
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656

Don King?
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    Larry King?
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

Then I suggest you put your money where your mouth is.

Self-terminate.

p.s. It's B.B. King ;)
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

I'm praying for rain...
    I'm praying for tidal waves...
    I wanna see the ground give way
    mom please flush it all away...
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Commy wrote:
    I'm praying for rain...
    I'm praying for tidal waves...
    I wanna see the ground give way
    mom please flush it all away...

Like 69 said, why dont you doomsdayers put your $ where your mouth is.

Who's gunna be the first turd to flush themselves? ;)

I personally see MUCH more beauty, love and good from people than I do evil. I see beauty in my children's smiles, and love in their eyes. I see all the good man can be in them every day. For every failure of a human being I meet, I meet 2 beautiful ones. I feel sorry for the OP. And you call us negative.(and worse ;) )
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Like 69 said, why dont you doomsdayers put your $ where your mouth is.

Who's gunna be the first turd to flush themselves? ;)

I personally see MUCH more beauty, love and good from people than I do evil. I see beauty in my children's smiles, and love in their eyes. I see all the good man can be in them every day. For every failure of a human being I meet, I meet 2 beautiful ones. I feel sorry for the OP. And you call us negative.(and worse ;) )

Not negative...callous is more like it. I live man, I have a great family, friends, met lots of people in my life that have come and gone...

But you can't ignore the simple fact thtat everyting is not ok. Our great lives in the United States is at the expense of not only the working class of this country, but the exploited labor and resources of dozens of countries around the world. Those 11-13 million people that the UN claims die every year from "easily curable diseases or starvation" are on our head. We live this great life at their expense.
  • Options
    i hate humans
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

good luck with all that.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    good luck with all that.
    The "we" in that statement included you as well.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    Not negative...callous is more like it. I live man, I have a great family, friends, met lots of people in my life that have come and gone...

But you can't ignore the simple fact thtat everyting is not ok. Our great lives in the United States is at the expense of not only the working class of this country,

good point. VERY timely.

Best Regards,
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    The "we" in that statement included you as well.

I assumed it was directed at me, and it's obvious that we (not you) aren't self loathing...

so like I said...good luck with all that ;)
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719

I personally see MUCH more beauty, love and good from people than I do evil. I see beauty in my children's smiles, and love in their eyes. I see all the good man can be in them every day.
    you see your own goodness in the love in their eyes. they are your perfect reflection.
    For every failure of a human being I meet, I meet 2 beautiful ones. I feel sorry for the OP. And you call us negative.(and worse ;) )
    my question is how forgiving are you towards failures? there are some who hold grudges for life and let energy of bitter-pill drive them. and when yo speak of negative, who is us??????
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    you see your own goodness in the love in their eyes. they are your perfect reflection.

my question is how forgiving are you towards failures? there are some who hold grudges for life and let energy of bitter-pill drive them. and when yo speak of negative, who is us??????

I think my children are capable of and full of much more love and hope than I am, or will ever be. My kids arent a mirror of me. They are their own people. Seemingly born with kindess in their hearts. I hope they retain it for as long as they can.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I think my children are capable of and full of much more love and hope than I am, or will ever be. My kids arent a mirror of me. They are their own people. Seemingly born with kindess in their hearts.
    children are a product of their environment papeles, apparently their environment has stimulated admirable qualities that even as a father?mother? can learn and absorb.
    hope they retain it for as long as they can.
    keep doing what you do, and ateast they will be equipt to handle highs and lows of life; i think taking time to learn how to communicate is one of the most valuable assets a person can have. in fact, i think that good communication is not only beneficial for families and human relationships, but it can save $ in the long run as well as keep their path protected i have a hunch that your children are the apples of your eye.. i have a hunch that your children will have a great balance. and you may reply, how, you don't even know me? well, that's exactly why. i don't know you, but i have noticed that you seem to have a great deal of finesse with your words and wit. that example in itself has a direct affect on how your children will postion themselves. it's so important to allow children their naivity and play , so their little bodies can grow as nature intended. hey now, have a nice day.
    */I share your hope.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    children are a product of their environment papeles, apparently their environment has stimulated admirable qualities that even as a father?mother? can learn and absorb.
    keep doing what you do, and ateast they will be equipt to handle highs and lows of life; i think taking time to learn how to communicate is one of the most valuable assets a person can have. in fact, i think that good communication is not only beneficial for families and human relationships, but it can save $ in the long run as well as keep their path protected i have a hunch that your children are the apples of your eye.. i have a hunch that your children will have a great balance. and you may reply, how, you don't even know me? well, that's exactly why. i don't know you, but i have noticed that you seem to have a great deal of finesse with your words and wit. that example in itself has a direct affect on how your children will postion themselves. it's so important to allow children their naivity and play , so their little bodies can grow as nature intended. hey now, have a nice day.
    */I share your hope.

You too melodious. Funny how the "crazies" in life are sometimes the most sane isnt it? Be well.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I think my children are capable of and full of much more love and hope than I am, or will ever be. My kids arent a mirror of me. They are their own people. Seemingly born with kindess in their hearts. I hope they retain it for as long as they can.

i can only hope we will save the planet for your children... or that they will save it from us
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

i love your positivity. :p

seriously, i disagree. and you can go on and tell me of all the horrific things we have done, and you'll be right, and i'll agree...and i still won't think we are disgusting, a failure, as a species. i cannot enjoy living to the degree that i do, most of the time, if we are such a failure. such happiness cannot exist if we as a collective are so disgusting. of course, just my little opinion.

c'est la vie.
    different perspectives.

I personally see MUCH more beauty, love and good from people than I do evil.

agreed. in my everyday life...so many spectacular people, so much love, etc. that cannot be a failure.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    Who the fuck is the king?

Elvis duh. Or Dale-what the fuck-his-name-is. You know, the NASCAR guy.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options

seriously, i disagree. and you can go on and tell me of all the horrific things we have done, and you'll be right, and i'll agree...and i still won't think we are disgusting, a failure, as a species. i cannot enjoy living to the degree that i do, most of the time, if we are such a failure. such happiness cannot exist if we as a collective are so disgusting. of course, just my little opinion.

c'est la vie.
    different perspectives.

agreed. in my everyday life...so many spectacular people, so much love, etc. that cannot be a failure.

it is called reality

and if WE do not do something quickly about the enviroment, energy, and the mass stockpile of weapons (especially nuclear) we will detroy ourselves and possibley the planet

i am the most upbeat, happy go lucky guy you will meet, but i dont lose focus of reality and our responsiblities...sure i am comfy in my house and my car... sure my dvd player and computer make me feel good, advanced even...but then at some point you have to realize that is a false sense of security... you have to realize that the world population will double to 6 billion by 2050... half the world is starving now, what the fuck happens then? we have 20,000 nuclear weapons worldwide (plenty to wipe ourselves out) with more and more countries developing or thirsting for nuclear weapons? what do i tell my great grandchildren? that i was content and happy becuase of our false luxury? the banks own EVERYTHING, so it is a false sense of luxury or comfort...do i tell them i wistled blindly down the street while we fucked the whole thing up? sure i love mother natuer, my family and friends... i see alot of beauty everywhere... but i also see the problems at hand on the horizon if we ignore them

idealism and possimism with a strong dose of realism is the way to go IMO
  • Options

.... in my everyday life...so many spectacular people, so much love, etc. that cannot be a failure.
    love never fails

most potent phenomena of all is love....

most purest phenomena is nature and all it entails...sort of like evolution
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

So, your going to call my family and friends a failure?

I call them a miracle.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    my2hands wrote:
    is a failure

No we're not.Some of us are but that's always been the case,there will always be beauty and ugliness in the world.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    my2hands wrote:
    it is called reality

and if WE do not do something quickly about the enviroment, energy, and the mass stockpile of weapons (especially nuclear) we will detroy ourselves and possibley the planet

idealism and possimism with a strong dose of realism is the way to go IMO

i agree with all of this...your first post stated none of it. you called us a disgusting failure, NOT the same thing as what you just posted.

so yea, you did exactly what i said...went on to start to 'list' all the horrific things we have done, which i already said i'd agree to, and i do...and i too said i would STILL disagree with your initial assessment of us as a species.

i am very realistic and also quite well aware of ALl the things you mentioned, and i too think everyone on this board is well aware too, none of it is 'news'....but i am also absolutely an optimist, and think quite highly of most people, or at the very least, respect and give the benefit of the doubt first. that's all. so still, differing approaches/perspectives.

melodious wrote:
    love never fails

most potent phenomena of all is love....

most purest phenomena is nature and all it entails...sort of like evolution

you betcha. nice post melo...so well said. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Hail to the king, baby
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    my2hands wrote:
    "no longer"??? You think things were once better?
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    Humans can not destroy the planet.

They can't. They are physically unable too. The existence of humanity is a mere blink in geological time.

And there have been moments, lasting maybe a month, which have done more harm to the planet than all of human history.

The most damage we can do is make the planet inhospitable for us, and die off. In that case, in 10 to 20 thousand years, everything will return to normal and Earth will keep spinning along as if the human race never existed.