Some interesting info here for those who may be interested

2»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Bigfoot is coming to my house later this year for Thanksgiving dinner....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Then what were you disagreeing with considering I said 'you process it' in my reply? What you just said completetly describes 'processing'.

I disagreed because you said that we absorb opinions, with no preconceptions. The opinions we absorb filter through a partisan lens before they are internalized.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
    Nevermind wrote:
    How so? I think im a fuking worthless alcoholic.

There is a fine line between a worthless alcoholic and a functional alcoholic. I'm sure you're in the latter group :)
  • Hmm...personal attack. Go figure.

El Kabong, I respect your point of view and appreciate the fact that you seem to give reasonable posts that dissent with your view the benefit of the doubt. All I was getting at is that you seem to post a lot of links and assume that that equates to credibility.

If you were in any way showing respect then none us of would have had a problem in the first place. We give links to info, you can decide for yourself how credible you deem them. If you have a problem with the sources then point them out and explain why.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • I disagreed because you said that we absorb opinions, with no preconceptions. The opinions we absorb filter through a partisan lens before they are internalized.

Where did I say 'with no preconceptions'. Everyone has those and I've never stated otherwise
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    We give links to info,

that's a bold statement.
  • that's a bold statement.

How so?

-Oscar Wilde
    How so?

One man's "information" is another man's propoganda. It's all about who's on the defensive.
  • One man's "information" is another man's propoganda. It's all about who's on the defensive.

I wouldn't call it bold. I would say that happens all the time, from all spectrums.

-Oscar Wilde
  • rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Bigfoot is coming to my house later this year for Thanksgiving dinner....

Congrats...turn down the lights and break out the lube...
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Hmm...personal attack. Go figure.

El Kabong, I respect your point of view and appreciate the fact that you seem to give reasonable posts that dissent with your view the benefit of the doubt. All I was getting at is that you seem to post a lot of links and assume that that equates to credibility.

no i don't. i never hesitate to give my opinion on things, granted i may post articles to start a thread off (like so many here do) but it's not like i give the link and nothing else.

and how can i give reasonable posts if i just post links and don't have any original thoughts and all my thoughts, er, opinions are based on links to fringe websites?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    that's a bold statement.

dude are you just trolling like a silly little bitch or what?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Why are people fighting? I haven't come to any conclusions on 9/11, but this is very interesting evidence. I don't get what the big deal is. You should always question everything. If not you're a tool.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Congrats...turn down the lights and break out the lube...
    and you are the adult here??

hahahahahahaha.....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    El_Kabong wrote:
    no i don't. i never hesitate to give my opinion on things, granted i may post articles to start a thread off (like so many here do) but it's not like i give the link and nothing else.

and how can i give reasonable posts if i just post links and don't have any original thoughts and all my thoughts, er, opinions are based on links to fringe websites?

I didn't say you ONLY post links. I merely said links do not equate to facts. I actually enjoy reading your posts that are based on opinion rather than linked to someone's articles.
    Why are people fighting? I haven't come to any conclusions on 9/11, but this is very interesting evidence. I don't get what the big deal is. You should always question everything. If not you're a tool.

AJ Pierzynski rules!
    I didn't say you ONLY post links. I merely said links do not equate to facts. I actually enjoy reading your posts that are based on opinion rather than linked to someone's articles.

If you could please mop up all your drool with a stick of intelligent thought it would be expected (and appreciated).
    and you are the adult here??

hahahahahahaha.....................

I respond to stupidity with stupidity. It's the only thing you can probably handle, and actually worth my time. Never underestimate the value of a humorous approach.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    AJ Pierzynski rules!
    Yes he does.. A.J. for president!!! :D
    bumper stickers are cheap...and annoying...
    Yes he does.. A.J. for president!!! :D

If I were to grab a beer/dinner with any celebrity/athlete/politician, I'd seriously choose AJ. One angry Pole-ock to another, I think he'd be an interesting guy to talk to.