Options

Burning Pearl Jam

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I'm burning a Pearl Jam cd for my cousin who hasn't ever heard their music before. She's only 17 and into emo bands for the most part(I still don't know what the hell emo bands are) Anyway, she's interested to hear some Pearl Jam. I have an interesting idea for the cd. I was thinking about putting all their ten-era stuff on one disk because I'm pretty sure she'd love that stuff. I'm going to open with a live version of release, then play studio tracks throughout(with the occassional live track), and then end it with a live version of yellowledbetter. I was thinking of doing something like this(I know SOLAT and Breath came out after ten, but it's still close enough for me)

Release - Live
Alive
Once - greatest hits version
Footsteps
Alone
Even Flow - Live
Why go
Black
Breath
State of Love and Trust
Jeremy
Porch - Live, encore break
Oceans
Garden
Deep
Wash - greatest hits version
Dirty Frank
Brother
Yellow Ledbetter - Live
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    i think for a riotact-binaural mix

if she like it, and search for more

ten will blown her mind
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    Looks like a killer cd!

Doesn't get much better than that! Then, when she has diguested the cd, make her a copy of mtv unplugged dvd!

I also think you should use live cuts which are from this specific era. Porch from Las Vegas 93 (hallucinogenic recepi) for example. It has a nice intro speech too! She will be blown away by this one if she is into the old hard stuff!!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Where's Lukin live? I mean, come one, how much does it take up on a disc:)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Niko80 wrote:
    Looks like a killer cd!

Doesn't get much better than that! Then, when she has diguested the cd, make her a copy of mtv unplugged dvd!

I also think you should use live cuts which are from this specific era. Porch from Las Vegas 93 (hallucinogenic recepi) for example. It has a nice intro speech too! She will be blown away by this one if she is into the old hard stuff!!

Well I'm thinking about using the version of Porch from East Troy, in 2000. It has It's Ok tag. I also like how they played it in 2005, with Eddie strumming the opening chords a bit more slowly, before the song takes off and goes f***ing crazy. thanks for the suggestion though! I'm sure that's a killer version. :)
  • Options
    go with black & solat from mtv unplugged if u have it
  • Options
    Ok so it's changed a bit. The disc I'm using is 80 minutes long, so I can't put everything on that i'd hoped. And I'm opening with Alive, because that's the best track to open with, with that opening guitar lick by Stone. And I've decided to end it with 3 live versions - release, porch and yellow ledbetter. This is the tracklisting:

Alive
    Once - greatest hits
    Footsteps
    Even Flow - greatest hits
    Why go
    Black
    Jeremy
    State of Love and trust
    Breath
    Oceans
    Garden
    Wash
    Deep
    Release - live
    Porch - live
    Yellow ledbetter - live

I don't have SOLAT from mtv unplugged or might have used it. But I prefer the original Black from the album. I kind of wish I'd used a live version of footsteps. Oh well. I can always burn another disc for her if she wants more. I love getting people into Pearl Jam! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    Gift of music .. I say make her one cd .. studio/b-sides etc.. (no live stuff). And another cd .. killer live jams. The daughter tag with "it's ok" from Jones Beach, it's just a must to add on any mix cd set. :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Gift of music .. I say make her one cd .. studio/b-sides etc.. (no live stuff). And another cd .. killer live jams. The daughter tag with "it's ok" from Jones Beach, it's just a must to add on any mix cd set. :)

I thought of doing that, but she actually doesn't like live music. But I thought it'd be ok to put a couple on this cd for her and see what she thinks. And I don't want to overwhelm her either, so I'm just going to burn one disc for her and then if she wants more, I've got a library of PJ for her... :)
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    e you should end it with a live version of CRAZY MARY
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    pkh43 wrote:
    e you should end it with a live version of CRAZY MARY

the version from Ottawa 2005 is awesome. it is like 10 minutes though so for a mix cd, it might take up too much room