Options

Your purse may be carrying disease into your home.

PJfanFORlifePJfanFORlife Posts: 138
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
A lady friend sent this to me, thought you gals would like to know

Bacteria on Purses

A study was performed on women's purses. A health team went to a local mall and took samples from the bottom of 50 women's purses. The purses were swabbed with cotton swabs along the entire bottom of the purses and placed into special containers. The swabs were then processed at a local laboratory.

The Health Report also showed where women place their purses: public rest-rooms (on the floor beside the toilet), kitchen counters & kitchen tables, on tables & chairs in restaurants, etc. The results of the laboratory tests contained the following most serious result: 1 out of 4 purses — E COLI

Other extremely serious bacteria also were listed, including Hepatitis.

They recommended that women should DAILY wipe their purses (particularly the bottom) with a disinfectant wipe and to be extremely careful where you sit your purse. Most important, do NOT place your purse on a table (anywhere) where you will eat or on a kitchen counter and do not put it anywhere close to a toilet.

Remember, when you flush a toilet, the spray goes a distance that is unrecognizable by the human eye.

WASH YOUR HANDS as often as you can! Keep an antibacterial hand sanitizer cleaner (no water needed) in your purse and use it often! And as soon as you get home from shopping (or wherever you have been and used your purse), immediately wipe it all over with a disinfectant wipe.

This is from me — MEN who do not wash their hands after relieving themselves should be ASHAMED! Not only that, they are seriously affecting your health and their own. My husband has told me many, many times (over 50% ratio) that he has seen men in public rest-rooms relieve themselves, zip up, and immediately leave the rest-room without washing their hands!! Women get on your men and be sure they are washing thoroughly after using the rest-room.

My hubby also noted that everyone spends all this time washing their hands and then grabs the door handle to exit the rest-room. So DAH! All those other folks who did NOT wash their hands have their germs all over the door handle! And I have seen many women who do NOT wash their hands after using the rest-room. So, use that paper towel you dried your hands on to open the door and then dispose of it in the closest waste receptacle (women, please do not put it in your purse!).

Repeating, this is a factual report aired today on Health News, Fox 5, Atlanta, GA. Please do your part for yourself and everyone else! As soon as I saw the report, I immediately cleaned my purse with my Clorox Antibacterial Wipe and then set it on a paper towel where I normally place it on a table in our den. And I asked my hubby to PLEASE scold me if he ever saw me putting my purse on the kitchen table or counter again!
Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    Thanks. I'll stop licking my purse.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    nasty, but unsurprising. i would never, ever put my purse on the floor of a public restroom...gross! however, the whole antibacterial craze in regards to using sanitizers and such..i've heard it really is unwise to use frequently. such things kill both good and bad bacteria ever-presnet on your skin, and if you do so often, you actually make the bad bacteria more and more resistant...so it should only be used sparingly. just wash your hands thoroughly with soap, that's all you need except in extreme situations.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PJfanFORlifePJfanFORlife Posts: 138
    nasty, but unsurprising. i would never, ever put my purse on the floor of a public restroom...gross! however, the whole antibacterial craze in regards to using sanitizers and such..i've heard it really is unwise to use frequently. such things kill both good and bad bacteria ever-presnet on your skin, and if you do so often, you actually make the bad bacteria more and more resistant...so it should only be used sparingly. just wash your hands thoroughly with soap, that's all you need except in extreme situations.
    yeah i have to agree with that to much sanitizer will actually weaken your bodies defenses. you need to come in contact with a certain amount so that your body can 'practice' fighting it off. like you said, good ole soap and water
    Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    yeah i have to agree with that to much sanitizer will actually weaken your bodies defenses. you need to come in contact with a certain amount so that your body can 'practice' fighting it off. like you said, good ole soap and water

i have a cousin who was a head nurse of infectious disease, and i have read as much in many other sources according to doctors. it makes sense. so does not putting your purse on the fllor of a restroom! :eek:

it's like abusing anitbiotics. if you don't have a virus they do nothing except to build up your own body's immunity to their effectiveness, so rather pointless.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    rockrock Posts: 51
    VictoryGin wrote:
    Thanks. I'll stop licking my purse.
    yeah, what she said...
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    well what the hell did you expect...think about it..when you hit the shitter, where does your purse go??? Floor right? Think about whats on that floor...nice thoughts!!!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    denverfan wrote:
    well what the hell did you expect...think about it..when you hit the shitter, where does your purse go??? Floor right? Think about whats on that floor...nice thoughts!!!!
    Not a fucking chance! If there's no hook on the door, it stays right over my shoulder! There is no way I'd set ANYTHING on the floor of a public restroom.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Other than my feet, I never set anything down in a public restroom, even then I step lightly! Pinkie, foot or elbow touch as often as possible conditions permitting then towel open the door when I leave.
  • Options
    i wouldnt have thought this is an issue becuase most women get a new purse just about every week...
    saw things so much clearer