Options

forget new orleans, cuba needs you more

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5166806.stm

so $80mill to cuba when vasts areas of new orleans is still uninhabitable... nice priorities there
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    but don't you see. it's $80 million for a good cause. you have to stop those bastard communists before they take over the entire western hemisphere. don't want any other latin american countries thinking they can get away from the embrace of capitalism. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    *Boy*Boy Posts: 112
    darkcrow wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5166806.stm

so $80mill to cuba when vasts areas of new orleans is still uninhabitable... nice priorities there

its so they can build a wall on Cuba to stop the Hurricanes coming thru, very well thought out really
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not ~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same ~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~

~chaka boom chak -Tom Waits~
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    *Boy wrote:
    its so they can build a wall on Cuba to stop the Hurricanes coming thru, very well thought out really
    TOM WAITS IS GOING ON TOUR IN AUGUST!!!

**ahem** Sorry. I just found out about that, saw your sig, and felt the need to shout. Since there are no Pearl Jam shows down here this summer - well, at least.......

TOM WAITS IS GOING ON TOUR IN AUGUST!!!
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I find this extremely laughable that our government is spending $80 million to spread democracy in Cuba. When Fidel passes there will be no opportunity for a democracy to rise up. His successors are already in place. If the US really wants demacracy to take a foot hold in Cuba the first step should be to end this ridiculous embargo against the country.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    80 million is what...like 1/3 of one percent of what congress gave to New Orleans already?