Halliburton CEO's stock rises by $78 million since Iraq invasion

13»

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    DMITCH8080 wrote:
    OK my bad I was just going on what the title of the thread said!!!! I didn't read shit so I'm at fault.....

yeah, it's an old article and not the best for the point i was trying to make
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    Nowhere. But you seem to think somehow that this information is being ignored, and if people only realized it they'd impeach George Bush or something and then the world would be better off.

What are you talking about? I never claimed your opinion was "secret". Your opinion is painfully obvious. But you're free to reply with what you think for whatever reason you choose. Just understand that I have that freedom as well.

Wow...alert the town elders. What else would the "major theme" of war be? The only men who would ever go to war are those who seek control of land and/or other men. That's the only reason anyone ever goes to war, the only reason imaginable for war, and it's flawed reasoning because no man has the right to control another. That's the reason you have to attack if you're going to end war and the abuses that stem from it.

so then...you agree w/ me??? lol

you claim everything is ppl's faults b/c they should look into things and not buy/support it...but whenever ppl spread information you bash it and attack it...i don't get it.

so why are you criticizing me for saying i think ppl are manufacturing threats and wars for their profits if you say 'of course!'??

i think there is no reason we should've gone to war w/ Iraq...i think it was pushed for so they could profit from it...so what are you disagreeing w/ exactly? that you already know this?

you act like halliburton's stock going from $9 prewar to over $74 postwar and lockheed martin's stock more than tripling is just an innocent byproduct and tell me to 'get a grip' b/c i think certain ppl push for wars for profit...then you turn around and say 'alert the town elders, why else is there war!?'

i think you just like to argue
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • El_Kabong wrote:
    so then...you agree w/ me??? lol

you claim everything is ppl's faults b/c they should look into things and not buy/support it...but whenever ppl spread information you bash it and attack it...i don't get it.

so why are you criticizing me for saying i think ppl are manufacturing threats and wars for their profits if you say 'of course!'??

i think there is no reason we should've gone to war w/ Iraq...i think it was pushed for so they could profit from it...so what are you disagreeing w/ exactly? that you already know this?

you act like halliburton's stock going from $9 prewar to over $74 postwar and lockheed martin's stock more than tripling is just an innocent byproduct and tell me to 'get a grip' b/c i think certain ppl push for wars for profit...then you turn around and say 'alert the town elders, why else is there war!?'

Take off the martyr outfit...it doesn't fit.

Please answer the following question:

1. Do men have the right to control other men?

Then I think you'll see what we agree on.
    i think you just like to argue

I do like to argue.
  • Take off the martyr outfit...it doesn't fit.

Please answer the following question:

1. Do men have the right to control other men?

Then I think you'll see what we agree on.

I do like to argue.

You contradicted yourself and have failed to address that.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    You contradicted yourself and have failed to address that.

nah, it's much easier to say things like 'oh, take off the martyr outfit'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • You contradicted yourself and have failed to address that.

Address what? He's telling me I agree with him, I'm showing him I don't.
  • mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    I just want to say that I'm kicking myself in the ass for not investing every penny I had into Halliburton at the start of the war. I knew Cheney had ties. It was a guaranteed profit. Now I'm going to have to wait until the next Republican gets elected and starts a war again.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10