Yield drawing

torunforevertorunforever Posts: 33
edited February 2004 in The Art Wall
Here is a drawing I did a few years back in MS Paint (you know, the paint program that comes free with Windows). Granted it's just the cover art from Yield, but I did draw it using a mouse. I'm just saying I didn't scan in the cover and make it look like crap.

http://www.geocities.com/torunforever/yield.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thats pretty awesome considering it was done with MS Paint! Great job
  • Originally posted by neutron baum
    thats pretty awesome considering it was done with MS Paint! Great job

Thanks for checking it out. To me, PJ's Yield cover is the most aesthetically pleasing of their albums. The open road sets the mood for the music.
  • holy shit dude!! u did that in paint!? it looks fantabulous!!!

that's freaking wicked!
    if u do any other album cover in paint i give u kudos sir!
  • nice...if your ever in Red Lodge Montana, that road is about 10 miles out of town.
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's....
    His hair was perfect.
  • damn! imagine what you can do with advance art programs, man get into that, you got skill
    professional jammer since 1992
    Proud owner of a cat named Mookie.

viva la Yield Night 12-7-03
  • it took a while to open, but it was worth to see
    congratulations :)
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • My computer isn't playing nice tonight but your link is one I managed to get to! Excellent artwork.... and...shh, whisper..dare I say, more "artistic" than the original.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • it's unbelievable that you did that in MS paint! it's awesome!
    There have been shows where maybe the whole first half of the show my eyes have been closed. and then you'll look out in the crowd and there'll be somebody totally lost in their head, in exactly the same place you're in. That, to me, is the essence of music

~Jeff Ament
  • Originally posted by torunforever
    Here is a drawing I did a few years back in MS Paint (you know, the paint program that comes free with Windows). Granted it's just the cover art from Yield, but I did draw it using a mouse. I'm just saying I didn't scan in the cover and make it look like crap.

That's really nice! Congratulations!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star... In somebody's else sky...but why? why? why? can't it be... why can't it be in mine?
  • It's been a while since I checked this thread. Thanks to everyone who replied. You made my day. :)
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    wow! that is pretty damn great! i love using paint just to play around. i've never done anything quite as detailed using it, but i agree with the other poster....get into some more advanced drawing programs. you have ridiculous amounts of potential! Adobe Illustrator isn't too horrible to learn. i taught it to myself for a web-based class in college, using the textbook available for version 10. you should really look into that, if you've got the time.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Originally posted by torunforever
    Thanks for checking it out. To me, PJ's Yield cover is the most aesthetically pleasing of their albums. The open road sets the mood for the music.
    fabolous, esp cuz it WAS IN PAINT?!?!

your right by the way1 :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Originally posted by 13PJ13
    get into some more advanced drawing programs. you have ridiculous amounts of potential!

I was thinking about what you said, and I realized I drew that several years ago. Perhaps my potential had dried up. So I decided to waste another couple hours on a different cover. (Yeah, sad that it takes a couple hours)

This time I drew Man of the Hour.

Once again it was done in MS Paint. What I did to create this one was to do the basic background in one Paint window. And in a separate Paint window, drew the central figure. Then added them together and added the water lines.

I don't reckon I'd be too good with a real drawing program since I'll occasionally do stupid things like zoom in to draw pixels one by one.

Here's the link again:

I didn't feel like making another page, so Man of the Hour goes with Yield.
  • Fuck you fucker^^, the hell are you good, how did you do that?
    I always fail when I wanna paint anything with a mouse on a computer
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Originally posted by a country doctor
    Fuck you fucker^^, the hell are you good, how did you do that?
    I always fail when I wanna paint anything with a mouse on a computer

I googled for ms paint art the other day, and was amazed at some of the stuff people can do.

As for myself, I pretty much use only a couple techniques which worked ok for the Yield and Man of the Hour sketches. Here's a brief page I just made to explain a couple of those basics.

http://www.geocities.com/torunforever/mspaint.html

How about some of you other artistic types give a go at some MS Paint art?
  • good job! of course you forgot the little yeild sign shadow in the bottom right hand corner! just kidding, doesn't matter. nice paintings.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • DoeeDoee Posts: 20
    dude your paintings are pretty kickass. If you really want a challenge try a white zommbie cover
  • WernyWerny Posts: 63
    Holy shit! Jee Sus!

Not criticising, but couldn't you've done a better job on the Yield sign?
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • DoeeDoee Posts: 20
    lets see you try
  • Originally posted by Doee
    lets see you try

Thanks for the defense, but I don't mind criticism. The sign doesn't look all that great, but if you look at any part of the Yield or Man of the Hour drawings, you can see how they don't measure up to the originals.

I think my intention with the sign was not to make the corners straight, because that's the way it seemed when I looked at the cover. I just checked out the original again, and I agree it is a bit off.
  • holy crapppers!!! awesome!

i am happy if i can make a fucking CIRCLE with ms paint!!!

u go girl!! or boy!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • SpomenkaSpomenka Posts: 145
    excellent (like mr. burns says often)
    Pearl Jam pieces...

This is how I saw it one day: Insignificance at the Porch of Mankind

http://www.blogovanje.com/Storms_Of_Small_Ocean/komentari.php?id=17
  • thats sick, really cool mate. Did u draw the man of the hour one too, out of intrest? Thats amazing considering u did it on paint, I'd be damn proud....
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Originally posted by Gus_3218
    thats sick, really cool mate. Did u draw the man of the hour one too, out of intrest? Thats amazing considering u did it on paint, I'd be damn proud....

Yep. The Man of the Hour one is mine too. Thanks for looking.
  • good job yo
    "Harmonies, Rise and Carry Me Home!!!"