rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    spat wrote:

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    wow. as somebody who was interested in submitting something, just wanted to say that the stuff posted on this thread are unreal (mine looks like 3rd grade scribbles compared to these). way to go. can't wait till they unvail what the band will go with.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    arq wrote:
    After what i saw in this thread i don't have any chance... at least i tried and i had fun "designing" for this contest!!!

Thanks Ten C for the awesome contest!

THE-RETURN.jpg

giant stick man makes me smile :D
    AWESOME
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Wow, look at you guys! Seriously, there will be pretty harsh competition. Thanks everyone for posting your designs here! Keep'em coming!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    OMG! It will be SO VERY hard to choose. There are so many great ones!!!

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    pd281923 wrote:
    yeah they are all crappy... the one with the kid digging, looks like X marts the spot. not ten.

What the fuck is your problem? If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything at all! :evil:

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Thank you very much! I wish we would hear who won it already.
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

If this one is chosen, I hope they make it in women's design as well as men's.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:

If this one is chosen, I hope they make it in women's design as well as men's.

Thanks for voting for mine! I really appreciate it. Tell all your 10 Club friends to vote for #8, #9 & #10, too :)
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    i got one of my designs up! https://www.pearljam.com/content/ten-shirt-064 woohoo! :)
  • Options
    i got one of my designs up! https://www.pearljam.com/content/ten-shirt-064 woohoo! :)

Very classy...I like
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

Very classy...I like
    thanks! i like your 10 with the tree design, very nice :)
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

Very classy...I like
    thanks! i like your 10 with the tree design, very nice :)

Grazie. Good luck...not too much, though :)
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    Grazie. Good luck...not too much, though :)
    hehe likewise ;)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    All of my votes went to designs without the Stickman logo. ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Got 2 of mine up..with a pathetic number of votes.......see I'm better than what I handed in
    >
    I expected it tho..I'm embarrassed I put my name to what I submitted.

I agree with solat...I even wrote into the staff bout how band t-shirts for woman are always sucky. I said how the guys shirts announce the band we love loud and proud, while the womans shirt are lucky to have initials or a logo in a cutsey little fuzzy heart up in the corner, or something lame like that...I also asked them if they knew how few people can pull off the colour yellow :(

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the women's merch.
  • Options
    SickoSicko Posts: 12
    I agree with the lack of female influence in a majority of the work.

My design may or may not resonate with those of you who want a more unisex shirt, though I wish everyone luck.

My design draws a connection to the band standing the tests of time. It also gives reference to the bands emergence in the early nineties, when many of us fans were high school and college age. This is a desktop from my art department, I simply just carved PJ into the surface. This surface is witness to many projects and the physicality shows wear and beauty through layering and a randomness of order. Pearl Jam to me means all of these things; I see the desktop a means of creative expression, both by graffiti and those years of accumulated marks from creative projects students have worked on over the years.

https://www.pearljam.com/content/ten-shirt-032
  • Options
    Sicko wrote:
    I agree with the lack of female influence in a majority of the work.

My design may or may not resonate with those of you who want a more unisex shirt, though I wish everyone luck.

My design draws a connection to the band standing the tests of time. It also gives reference to the bands emergence in the early nineties, when many of us fans were high school and college age. This is a desktop from my art department, I simply just carved PJ into the surface. This surface is witness to many projects and the physicality shows wear and beauty through layering and a randomness of order. Pearl Jam to me means all of these things; I see the desktop a means of creative expression, both by graffiti and those years of accumulated marks from creative projects students have worked on over the years.

https://www.pearljam.com/content/ten-shirt-032
    I really, really like this one! there's nothing like an xacto cut up desk! :mrgreen:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    just letting everyone know - design 129, by root, is actually my design. he/she has ripped it off

anyone from the old pit probably knows me as zenith - i posted a preview of two of the orignal outlined version when i complained that i couldnt enter because i was australian

this is very upseting to see a design you have come up with and put onto paper be stolen by someone else and used as their own - especially by someone who calls themselves a pearl jam fan :(

- and root - who ever you are - i have the original desin sketches, and graphics files on my hd - plus the original emails to 10c about the possiblity of entering - 10c are being told what you've done - and everyone else here knows now too

be proud
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    just letting everyone know - design 129, by root, is actually my design. he/she has ripped it off

anyone from the old pit probably knows me as zenith - i posted a preview of two of the orignal outlined version when i complained that i couldnt enter because i was australian

this is very upseting to see a design you have come up with and put onto paper be stolen by someone else and used as their own - especially by someone who calls themselves a pearl jam fan :(

- and root - who ever you are - i have the original desin sketches, and graphics files on my hd - plus the original emails to 10c about the possiblity of entering - 10c are being told what you've done - and everyone else here knows now too

be proud

I believe that all the designs were submitted by root - who is probably a site administrator :)

Probably done to keep the contest somewhat anonymous.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    The shirts in the contest have been pretty outstanding. I only wish they would open up to bigger images so you can see the details. I think that could have made a difference...but ultimately this has been an awesome experience and a real encouragement. I'm grateful they opened up this contest to the fans... to let us be a part of it & to get our creative juices flowing.

Maybe they'll let us do something for Vs., Vitalogy, ... 8-)

Good Luck to everyone who entered!
    ((((jag))))
    Member since July 1998
  • Options

be proud

I believe that all the designs were submitted by root - who is probably a site administrator :)

root is not a person. it is a program to maintain the board. What they did to you is a dickhead move though. Sorry about that. And yeah, just because someone likes Pearl Jam doesn't necessarily mean they're decent in life unfortunately. I know, it blows my mind too....

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

be proud

root is not a person. it is a program to maintain the board. What they did to you is a dickhead move though. Sorry about that. And yeah, just because someone likes Pearl Jam doesn't necessarily mean they're decent in life unfortunately. I know, it blows my mind too....

Thank you for the info re: root. I just discovered that earlier today from the thread on the Porch. :oops:
    I am so not computer literate.
    However, my point still stands, the design wasn't stolen.
    It was posted by root,the site administrators or more specifically, the program. :)
    So thankfully, Alexander Supertramp's design still belongs to her.
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191

Thank you for the info re: root. I just discovered that earlier today from the thread on the Porch. :oops:
    It was posted by root,the site administrators or more specifically, the program. :)

ok - supertramp back to my real username ... i think perhaps 10c finally sorted out the account sync as a sorry for me being a victim of this theft ??? i dont know

but ... after talking with other entrants i figured a few hours after posting my design theft notice that all the entries were submitted under 'root' ... a generic name, yea

but ... my design was stolen. I did not submit it - i couldnt. Im not american. After an email 10c, and explaining, showing timelines and letting them know all the original sketch & workups were here to see, the stolen design was taken down by the very next morning - and thanks very much again to 10c for acting so quickly on that.

so mr.thief will meet mr.karma i have no doubt ....

and in the meantime ive voted for a couple of great designs, either of which id be happy to wear 8-)

good luck to the talented, honest artists left in the running
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenith wrote:

ok - supertramp back to my real username ... i think perhaps 10c finally sorted out the account sync as a sorry for me being a victim of this theft ??? i dont know

but ... after talking with other entrants i figured a few hours after posting my design theft notice that all the entries were submitted under 'root' ... a generic name, yea

but ... my design was stolen. I did not submit it - i couldnt. Im not american. After an email 10c, and explaining, showing timelines and letting them know all the original sketch & workups were here to see, the stolen design was taken down by the very next morning - and thanks very much again to 10c for acting so quickly on that.

so mr.thief will meet mr.karma i have no doubt ....

and in the meantime ive voted for a couple of great designs, either of which id be happy to wear 8-)

good luck to the talented, honest artists left in the running

Oh, :oops: Sorry Zenith. I misunderstood your original post. I know that some overseas people submitted their designs via US members. I thought that was what you did. I'm glad that things were straightened out for you. Sorry for the confusion on my part :)

Karma is a bitch - and I hope that whoever stole your design gets bitch-slapped.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    crap i didnt make it..
    wish i woulda spent more time on it